Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst . 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Benson is a total AZZ kisser.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Check out the Game Notes from NMSU. Yet another team to call us Louisiana. But, the SBC is still not calling us Louisiana. Benson gave the OK to ESPN to call us whatever we asked, but only for that Tuesday night game, while the SBC tries to come up with a policy in that regard. I noticed that the SBC is no longer using ULM either. They are referring to both schools as Louisiana Lafayette and Louisiana Monroe.

Next Thursday, we are on national TV again on ESPN vs Troy and will announce ground breaking for our facility upgrades. I would like to see Benson in Lafayette for that game, the SBC finalize a policy whereby Louisiana and ULM names are made acceptable, and ESPN finally calls us Louisiana. We need Benson here to commit to that and actually say something to ESPN in that regard. That would be great pub for the SBC. If Benson will not agree to calling us Louisiana, he needs to have the balls to come here and tell us that in person.

I wish we were on national TV next Thursday but I thinks it's just on ESPN3.

Default Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Pretty sure it's on ESPNU.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Pretty sure it's on ESPNU.
    You're right. The internets tells me it's on the U.

5. Default Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Not true. We are on ESPNU

Default Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Will that be what ESPNU broadcasts nationally or do they split it up into different regions?

7. UL Football Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

@ CajunStros, Pretty sure we are on the U. I cannot for the life of me think we would play thursday to be on ESPN3.

Yep, checked the UL website and it is ESPN U…You do know there is such a sight, right? I sure hope we do not have another Boomer here waiting for everyone else to supply him with the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    @ CajunStros, Pretty sure we are on the U. I cannot for the life of me think we would play thursday to be on ESPN3.

Yep, checked the UL website and it is ESPN U…You do know there is such a sight, right? I sure hope we do not have another Boomer here waiting for everyone else to supply him with the basics.

Far from it (no offense Boomer). I just shot my mouth off before double checking. Ask my wifeI never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Will that be what ESPNU broadcasts nationally or do they split it up into different regions?
    If you have espnu you will see our game but espnu I think is part of the sports package, espn and espn2 are on extended basic cable I think

10. Default Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Am I assuming that some on here feel that my tech skills are in some ways lacking??? I am waiting for the day when people can no longer write in cursive and cannot do math w/o a calculator!!!! By that time Java Women will have gotten me up to speed on this present tech which will be outdated soon!!! HAPPY HOMECOMING GUYS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    BTW, I just checked the ULM and La Tech boards. All threads relating to our name have been deleted. Might be good for us to do the same now that this all behind us and simply move forward as Louisiana.

The only outstanding issue now is getting the SBC to firm up their policy on what to call teams. They need to accept Louisiana, allow us to use it going forward (and not just for last Tuesday's game which ESPN did not follow anyway), change their website to ULM and Louisiana instead of Louisiana Lafayette and Louisiana Monroe, then get ESPN to recognize us as Louisiana. We should know how all of this will turn out in our nationally televised game vs. Troy.
    The Conference office has to push this. Probably this requires membership in another conference. If the CUSA commish does this it doesn't matter what LTU thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I can sideline a thread in three posts or less.
    DO IT. Use your powers for good for once.

Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    The Conference office has to push this. Probably this requires membership in another conference. If the CUSA commish does this it doesn't matter what LTU thinks.
    I know and that's my point. We need Benson to be here telling us in person if the conference will or will not support us in this, then letting ESPN know. Benson calls us UL and Louisiana when he is in Lafayette, but Louisiana Lafayette when he is away. In the mean time, all of our conference members (other than ULM) and our opponents call us Louisiana. It is ONLY the conference that won't do so. Benson has direct accountability for that.

Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

It does show up on both ragincajuns.com and the espn tv schedule.

15. Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I'll believe it's over when Jim Hawthorn calls us UL.

Right now he goes out of his way to call us ULL when our teams play LSU. So much so you would think he has a stuttering problem.

Myyyy o my!!!
    ---Now if I were announcing the Cajun part I would call them STATE of LSUBR and just say we are going along with the wishes of our host in keeping the city identity as so not to confuse our transfers from LSUE or A -or BR!!! Good for the goose good for the gander!!!

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst . 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Thread Information