Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 . LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Moon Griffon talking about Louisiana name

Tabby may have actually done more to solidify our recognition as "Louisiana" than anyone else since 1984. Her whiney screed about this has forced people to take a stand on the record and it has been overwhelmingly in our favor. We have business leaders, officials in education both in the form of the system president and the president of ulm (bet a Tabby didn't see that one coming) saying they are not opposed to it. And now one of the larger media personalities in Louisiana broadcasting from Monroe and a ULM alum to boot acknowledges us as Louisiana. Thanks, Tabby!!!!!

Default Re: It is Over for NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Decker indirectly assisted in getting boss cannedI'm sure he is looking fervently for that transfer
    I'm sure they would love him in Monroe. He could share a desk at the News Star with Tabby.

And with all that, Hammer, you'd think Baton Rouge (the Legislature, not LSU) would be hesitant to try pass a law mandating particular font sizes, branding, efc., and prohibiting/mandating particular references.

They would realize how silly that would make them look?

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Moon is good people. Let me sit in for a couple segments on air when he was doing a remote in Shreveport a few years back.

Now as for that liberal Nathan Pike character on KPEL.
    LMAO! Reports I my liberalism have been greatly exaggerated!

You gonna be in town for homecoming?

The Ace that we hold in our back pocket is what is shutting people up these days.

I think more than a few people understand now that what was done to us in 1984 was flat out wrong, and should have never happened.

They might not ever admit it in public, but the days of the legislature acting like childish buffoons in this matter appear to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The Ace that we hold in our back pocket is what is shutting people up these days.

I think more than a few people understand now that what was done to us in 1984 was flat out wrong, and should have never happened.

They might not ever admit it in public, but the days of the legislature acting like childish buffoons in this matter appear to be over.
    You may be right.and, of course, I hope you are right. I am far from convince, though, that you are.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I'll believe it's over when Jim Hawthorn calls us UL.

Right now he goes out of his way to call us ULL when our teams play LSU. So much so you would think he has a stuttering problem.

Myyyy o my!!!

8. UL Football Re: Moon Griffon talking about Louisiana name

Well unless you expect Hawthorn to die, or lose his voice soon it will be a long time. Expect him to be around at least another decade. IMO he is the absolute poorest play by play guy in the SEC, and in Louisiana, well TooLames Todd Graffanni is pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post

You gonna be in town for homecoming?
    I sure am!

10. Ragin' Cajuns Re: It is Over for NOW

Damned just exile him to SEArkansas. Hope he enjoys his days of watching corn & soybeans grow.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: It is Over for NOW

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I can sideline a thread in three posts or less.
    You have the skills to do it in a single post. I've seen your work.

But you, like me, enjoy dragging it out. so you can savor the slow gradual collapse of all human dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You have the skills to do it in a single post. I've seen your work.

But you, like me, enjoy dragging it out. so you can savor the slow gradual collapse of all human dignity.
    I actually find this thought comforting and reassuring.

UL Basketball Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Last that I will post on the issue.
    Both Texas State and UALR have us listed on their basketball schedule as Louisiana. Outside the Sun Belt Arkansas has us listed as Louisiana on its basketball schedule.

#WeAreLouisiana

Attached Images Attached Images  

14. UL Football Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Marlin and the UALR coach are close friends, not surprising getting listed as Louisiana.

Default Re: Name ordeal is Over for NOW

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Last that I will post on the issue.
    Both Texas State and UALR have us listed on their basketball schedule as Louisiana. Outside the Sun Belt Arkansas has us listed as Louisiana on its basketball schedule.

#WeAreLouisiana
    Check out the Game Notes from NMSU. Yet another team to call us Louisiana. But, the SBC is still not calling us Louisiana. Benson gave the OK to ESPN to call us whatever we asked, but only for that Tuesday night game, while the SBC tries to come up with a policy in that regard. I noticed that the SBC is no longer using ULM either. They are referring to both schools as Louisiana Lafayette and Louisiana Monroe.

Next Thursday, we are on national TV again on ESPN vs Troy and will announce ground breaking for our facility upgrades. I would like to see Benson in Lafayette for that game, the SBC finalize a policy whereby Louisiana and ULM names are made acceptable, and ESPN finally calls us Louisiana. We need Benson here to commit to that and actually say something to ESPN in that regard. That would be great pub for the SBC. If Benson will not agree to calling us Louisiana, he needs to have the balls to come here and tell us that in person.

Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 . LastLast

Thread Information