Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 . LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Josh. I wasn't impressed by the content she chose for her article, but the errors should be correctly distributed. If you work for a company that arbitrarily changes content and titles your articles however they wish, and you sign your name to the article knowing this is their practice, you kind of own the fallout. If you don't like it, you fight it, you don't sign it, or you get another job.

A friend of mine is a journalist that seriously hates Internet blogs. He hates that the content isn't vetted and the authors have virtually no responsibility for what they write. I find the line between professional media and the blatherings of the public at large has thinned to an indistinguishable vapor thread.
    There have been a few cases of bloggers facing stiff monetary judgments over what they wrote because they were not considered professional journalist and were not afforded the protections extended to professional journalist.

It amazes how gullible some people are and reminds me of the insurance commercial where the girl says "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true".

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Got a current personal call from Barry O himself last night.

As part of the administration's official "Yin/Yang" program I have been assigned to you.

I will be receiving my official, duly notarized authorization to love a conservative in the next few days.

Putting that NSA Prism program to good use.

You're so good to me.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There have been a few cases of bloggers facing stiff monetary judgments over what they wrote because they were not considered professional journalist and were not afforded the protections extended to professional journalist.

It amazes how gullible some people are and reminds me of the insurance commercial where the girl says "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true".
    True, but for every one of them that faced civil litigation, 1 billion do not.

You are right about gullibility. It used to be that if you stated something that you could support from an article written by a professional, you were credited with 95% fact. Now, it might be 5% at best.

I love my friend Denise that used to be Richard Ieyoub and Kathleen Blanco's press secretary. She was the only one that made Louisiana look remotely intelligent during Katrina and the national scrutiny. She's very good on camera. But, she was riding with me back from a Saints game with her husband and started telling this crazy story. I seriously confronted her on the truth of the story. She finally said, "Ok, I made up half of it to make it more interesting.". I slammed her. As a Texas (UT) Journalism grad, I told her she was absolutely obligated to provide accurate stories. She totally disagreed and said that journalists, even when presenting factual stories, are more obligated to seek interesting information, true or not, to keep the reader engaged, than focusing on the facts." Obviously, a staple of education at the liberal university, University of Texas at Austin. better known athletically as the Texas Longhorns.

I slammed her so bad that her husband, a good friend, got really tee'd off with me. Later he told me that I was right but we should all allow our wives the latitude to tell their stories, truthful or not, and just make fun of them behind their back. but not to their face. I tend to disagree out of respect for all people, male or female.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    X, even my wife and kids hate me.I just dont care.

Z
    Most of the newbies were like "We are going to win the Belt our first year". Now USA is talking about how we should be scare to play them. We can run the ball down their throats or burn them with a bomb. Our defense has been maturing every week. Unless we get a major injury or decide to beat ourselves I don't see anyone in the Belt that's left that can beat us.

5. Default Don Briggs: Let it be called UL for athletics

Why not throw the school a bone and allow them to call themselves what brings them the most excitement. As parents used to say back in the day, “Come on, let the kids play ball!”

Default Re: Don Briggs: Let it be called UL for athletics

Simple. Elegant. Honest. Factual.

Good editorial, and his son went to LSU. Good to have Mr. Briggs in our corner, showing support for UL athletics.

Always nice to have Mr. Briggs in our corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I noticed that too. All Decker did was give the North LA whiners more ammo, and they're able to point the finger and say, "Hey, even their local paper doesn't support them!".
    His "piece" ran as a "guest editorial" in the Newsstar.

He knows UL and Lafayette has probably done more to support the O&G business than another University in the state.

ULM for 1st time since moving up to 1-A with Browning back is hands down better than LTUR. Even have a much better shot at going to a bowl. Instead of finally enjoying their year to sticking it to LTUR.Tabby has their fan base worked up about what UL has been calling themselves for nearly 15 years. You'd swear she's a LTUR supporter and purposefully letting their fan base miss the fact they are having the best year over LTUR in decades.

What should be a joyous and fun year for them in NE La.has been turned into what they do when they suck. Whine. Whine. Whine.

This thread has 45,000 plus views! That has to be a record of some sort. A whole lot of not caring going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    This thread has 45,000 plus views! That has to be a record of some sort. A whole lot of not caring going on.
    It's also the umpteen threads on the topic this past week combined!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hey Turbine! What happened here? I was just getting warmed up. I was going to sideline the thread when I was ready. I wasn't ready yet. I'm watching the World Series!

Just kidding. good call on the split.

15. Default Re: Don Briggs: Let it be called UL for athletics

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Simple. Elegant. Honest. Factual.
    +1

Quite a nice gesture.

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 . LastLast

Thread Information