Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 . LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    She's a "concerned and furious" NLU grad, and she quoted Todd Berry. That's some intense "research".

I do believe she's seeing something different than others. She's seeing her law degree hung on the wall of a high school.
    Citizen Kane clapping.

2. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

Too funny!

(Sorry, Boom.)
    Doc nobody appreciates your taking some time away from family, job, and the arts more than me.you can excite our spirits with just a single post and we know that they are on the moneythanks and don't be a stranger!!!

3. Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Guys, the school name error in the first graph of this story was edited into the story by a copy editor. Claire did not make that mistake herself. The newspaper has had major editing issues since the regional copy desk was developed a few years ago (it was located in the Monroe newspaper's office).
    Thanks, I trust you.

However this caliber of mistake has never been made before and for it to coincide with an article on that very subject, plus it being on the heels of a weeks worth of articles -on that very subject- is suspect indeed.

jmo

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Can we kill this thread and all it's bastard kin?

This horse has been beaten to glue and we've got the reaffirmation from our local paper we should have gotten from the outset.

Should we not now turn our attention to Homecoming this week and then beating the ever loving snot out of everybody left on our schedule after that?

5. UL Football Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Snot is not the thing I think of oozing out of the Trojans….

It is good to be hated, and UL is universally hated on the Sun Belt board… Could be the name thing, RCajun90, Cajun Express, or Z… or it could be they hate getting the crap beat out of them…

Every time one loses to us they come up with some new angle about being much better than that and we ain't all that. Now that WKu has lost again we simply beat another inferior team, we ain't so tuff. It is a laugh a minute on that board.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Snot is not the thing I think of oozing out of the Trojans….

It is good to be hated, and UL is universally hated on the Sun Belt board… Could be the name thing, RCajun90, Cajun Express, or Z… or it could be they hate getting the crap beat out of them…

Every time one loses to us they come up with some new angle about being much better than that and we ain't all that. Now that WKu has lost again we simply beat another inferior team, we ain't so tuff. It is a laugh a minute on that board.
    X, even my wife and kids hate me.I just dont care.

Z

7. UL Football Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Don't start, I just blew a mouthful of coffee thought my nose. LOL

Default Re: West Monroe High School buying into the lies

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    Mitzi Murray is a WM teacher and a lawyer
    So someone with ties to NLU and LSU opposes UL?!!!! I'm shocked!! Shocked, I tell you.

Default Re: West Monroe High School buying into the lies

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    Mitzi Murray is a WM teacher and a lawyer
    Obviously, not good at either.

Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana (merged)

BTW, the News Star published Decker's bull____ as a guest column. That fat slob should be fired.i bet they won't publish today's editorial supporting our use of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    BTW, the News Star published Decker's bull____ as a guest column. That fat slob should be fired.i bet they won't publish today's editorial supporting our use of Louisiana.
    His editor seemed to slap him down in her Sunday editorial. I bet he isn't her favorite person right now for writing that crap.and causing this headache for her and the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I noticed that too. All Decker did was give the North LA whiners more ammo, and they're able to point the finger and say, "Hey, even their local paper doesn't support them!".

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Guys, the school name error in the first graph of this story was edited into the story by a copy editor. Claire did not make that mistake herself. The newspaper has had major editing issues since the regional copy desk was developed a few years ago (it was located in the Monroe newspaper's office).
    Thanks for clearing that up, Josh. I wasn't impressed by the content she chose for her article, but the errors should be correctly distributed. If you work for a company that arbitrarily changes content and titles your articles however they wish, and you sign your name to the article knowing this is their practice, you kind of own the fallout. If you don't like it, you fight it, you don't sign it, or you get another job.

A friend of mine is a journalist that seriously hates Internet blogs. He hates that the content isn't vetted and the authors have virtually no responsibility for what they write. I find the line between professional media and the blatherings of the public at large has thinned to an indistinguishable vapor thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    X, even my wife and kids hate me.I just dont care.

Z
    Got a current personal call from Barry O himself last night.

As part of the administration's official "Yin/Yang" program I have been assigned to you.

I will be receiving my official, duly notarized authorization to love a conservative in the next few days.

Putting that NSA Prism program to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Josh. I wasn't impressed by the content she chose for her article, but the errors should be correctly distributed. If you work for a company that arbitrarily changes content and titles your articles however they wish, and you sign your name to the article knowing this is their practice, you kind of own the fallout. If you don't like it, you fight it, you don't sign it, or you get another job.

A friend of mine is a journalist that seriously hates Internet blogs. He hates that the content isn't vetted and the authors have virtually no responsibility for what they write. I find the line between professional media and the blatherings of the public at large has thinned to an indistinguishable vapor thread.
    +1

Present company excepted, though.

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 . LastLast

Thread Information