Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Advertiser admits error / false report about Authement

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    After the way they treated Dr. A I can't say I blame him.
    I would say his silence is deafening. Given the tone of the DA articles this week with little positive support for our use of Louisiana, it seems Dr. S' comments would lend a positive influence and might help sway this on behalf of a united stance by the university and the community which the paper should be representing. This has a major impact on how UL or Louisiana is perceived locally, statewide and nationally.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Turbine.they are setting us up for the Sunday editorial.
    I totally agree but I think they overplayed their hand an I am mad because I can't make a prediction on which route they will take.

3. Default Re: Advertiser admits error / false report about Authement

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I would say his silence is deafening. Given the tone of the DA articles this week with little positive support for our use of Louisiana, it seems Dr. S' comments would lend a positive influence and might help sway this on behalf of a united stance by the university and the community which the paper should be representing. This has a major impact on how UL or Louisiana is perceived locally, statewide and nationally.
    Asked and answered.

https://forumeus.com/.-ARE-LOUISIANA

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    A foreman rewrote my job procedure before executing the work and inadvertently left out the paragraph about not blowing up the rig.
    the bastard

5. Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

If you want to see a quick turn around of the current attitude of the Advertiser, threaten to pull advertising money from them if they keep this up. That's where it will hit them the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In 2008. Reiterating that same message today would be helpful. Maybe we should make this Homecoming another "We are LOUISIANA" game.

7. Default Re: Advertiser admits error / false report about Authement

In 2008. Reiterating that same message today would be helpful. Maybe we should make this Homecoming another "We are LOUISIANA" game.
    Great idea. To late to change the theme though, however it has been proposed for ULM game. https://forumeus.com/.Louisiana-Game.

8. Default West Monroe High School buying into the lies

Default Re: West Monroe High School buying into the lies

Yay another thread about this!!!

this is getting ridiculous.everyone is making these far fetched accusations. its becoming annoying more than anything else.

How is this related to WMHS?

I just don't see how anything good can come from T-Joe making a statement on this. Anything we'd want him to say would either violate state law or stir the pot even more. The less controversy about the name, the better it is for us. Sometimes it's best to let other people do the talking for you, which is what Dr. S has been doing.

I've heard him speak enough at Cajun functions to know that he's 100% behind the cause and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But what he can say in a private function filled with cajun supporters is much different than what he can say in the Daily Advertiser.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Yay another thread about this!!!
    Yawn
    Increase your donations to the RCAF I bumped mine up best I could. In the chase to
    Keep up with us, ULM will face budget strains
    Painful enough that the Southland conference
    Will seem very inviting.
    Fewer charter flights, as they can yellow dog it
    To Huntsville TX and Nacigdoches, Lake Charles, etcwill save them. They can't beat us in an arms race.
    Let's get to the AAC! Leave Monroe CC in the dust.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I just don't see how anything good can come from T-Joe making a statement on this. Anything we'd want him to say would either violate state law or stir the pot even more. The less controversy about the name, the better it is for us. Sometimes it's best to let other people do the talking for you, which is what Dr. S has been doing.

I've heard him speak enough at Cajun functions to know that he's 100% behind the cause and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But what he can say in a private function filled with cajun supporters is much different than what he can say in the Daily Advertiser.
    I agree, if they will twist the words of a retired pres. they would have a pretzel fest with T-Joe.

T-Joe and others are doing exactly what we want them to do.they are on this where it counts.

Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast

Thread Information