Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst . 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    what's worse is that this is now the fifth article on this inane topic from our own paper!

If the News Star doesn't care so much, why should we?
    I will wait until the DA editor's response in the Sunday paper. THEN I will decide if I continue my subscription or not. Believe me.in the state they are in, they can't afford to lose anymore customers.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    what's worse is that this is now the fifth article on this inane topic from our own paper!

If the News Star doesn't care so much, why should we?
    The last time the Advertiser was this maniacally anti UL was 2005. https://forumeus.com/.other-findings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I will wait until the DA editor's response in the Sunday paper. THEN I will decide if I continue my subscription or not. Believe me.in the state they are in, they can't afford to lose anymore customers.
    Me too.

Sounds like Ms. Taylor could use a visit from Hud.

Does anyone know if James Callier only used his legal birth name 100% of the time, or did he allow people to call him nicknames such as "Jim"?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Well Tabby, I know you read this so takes notes you second rate irrelevant blow hard. First, you take the time to chastise us for breaking the law? Why don't you use your so called "journalist savvy" to expose the atrocities occurring in your own backyard? Your ulm could not feed YOUR team in between semesters for the only bowl ya ll will ever play in Period. Secondly, why don't you call out your local community for not supporting THEIR university by attending games and donations. Thirdly, ulm's in a financial crisis and they cant even afford to division 1 status. Why not call out the university for failed attempts at D1 when ya ll can save money by joining the southland conference? IS EDUCATIONAL MERITS even a concern for you? Think of the money ulm could divert to ACADEMICS , which as everyone knows, is ranked pathetically . I can see why Tech wants nothing to do with yall as ulm is an embarrassment to all higher education. CONGRATS ON BEING A WRITER FOR SOMETHING SO SAD and irrelevant. Keep up with your "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story". P.S. I hope HUD goes for 2 points with a 60 point lead.
    YESSSSS!!!! Angeleast for president!!

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Fun, no disrespect, but we've been hearing this "we'll be Tier 1 shortly" for a long time now. Were starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf.

To be honest, I put that up their with all of the " ulm is bankrupt and can't stay D1A" and "Tech is in trouble" talk. Been hearing it forever, not seeing any of it in reality.

But like everyone else, glad to see you back.
    Thanks.

It's not like flipping a light switch. Virginia Tech and Florida State were doing a lot in academics for several decades, but nobody really noticed or respected them, until football took off.

It's slow going, it takes a lot of work and a lot attention to detail and a lot of patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Every week or two, I hear something else, something we're doing new or better, somewhere that Teck and others are losing ground.

If your football program improves, you win more games. That year. If your academics improves (or the reverse. ), it may be a decade, maybe two, before your reputation catches up with you. (Which is one reason a lot of people value sports over academics, it gives quicker bragging rights.)

The one good thing that comes out of Boy Presidential trying to shut down higher ed is that it's hurting everyone else a lot more than it's hurting us. Tech is slipping and slipping, we're accelerating. When the national pundits recognize where we are in relation to Teck and even LSU in many areas, it will be fait accompli.

As for ULM, they most certainly can afford to stay in 1A.

They can't afford to COMPETE in 1A. Whether they read the writing on the wall and objectively weigh the pros and cons of 1A v 1AA, depends on them. It's not like ULM is Harvard. And for that matter, it's not like Harvard always makes such great decisions. If you pay attention, the Ivy League schools make bone-headed decisions all the time.

Oh, and they cheat at sports, too. But that's another topic.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

The DA will never get money from me again, no matter what they say on Sunday. I haven't had a subscription to the publication they pass off as a newspaper in over 5 years. I've seen better reporting in High School publications. The DA has nothing to contribute to my knowledge base, therefore I vote with my wallet NO MONEY FOR YOU!!!!!!

I would be wary of pulling for the Advocate to take over reporting in this area. You think the coverage of the Cajuns and UL is bad, lets see what their LSU@BR rag will do to incite and inflame the name game then.

and lets be honest here. This is an awesome tactic by the monrovians. The Cajuns are having a huge year and will most likely stomp a mud hole in the hoax. Lets get everyone talking about the name game and not the awesome accomplishments on the football field, the very real possibility of a 10 win season, a third straight bowl invite. and most of all some of the most excitement around a football program in the state right now.

Hey DA. KISS MY _____
    Hey HOAX. KISS MY _____

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I just don't get how this "paper" keeps putting out poorly organized articles on this subject. They know it's a hot button and they're desperate for readership, but slaughtering this issue directly in the face of UL, has got to be a long term mistake.

They don't care whether the articles are substantive or accurate. They're just trying to be included as much as possible. Sadly, being rooted in Lafayette, I thought they would have orchestrated a sequence of meaningful articles that collectively converged. Instead, they've exacerbated the confusion, stirred inaccurate substances into the pot, and look like a ring full of disorganized clowns.

Who do they think has reviewed and considered both the law (not the "intent" of one of the draftsman, but the word for word letter of the law) and UL's branding mission? We can ask to be called Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. We do not have to use ULL and we do not have to allow sports media to reduce "Louisiana-Lafayette" into any one of 25 versions. Absolutely no one would argue with us using "Acadiana Ragin Cajuns". There is nothing in the law precluding that, and neither is there anything precluding "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns".

Why is the local paper so poorly organized around this topic?

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Thanks.

It's not like flipping a light switch. Virginia Tech and Florida State were doing a lot in academics for several decades, but nobody really noticed or respected them, until football took off.

It's slow going, it takes a lot of work and a lot attention to detail and a lot of patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Every week or two, I hear something else, something we're doing new or better, somewhere that Teck and others are losing ground.

If your football program improves, you win more games. That year. If your academics improves (or the reverse. ), it may be a decade, maybe two, before your reputation catches up with you. (Which is one reason a lot of people value sports over academics, it gives quicker bragging rights.)

The one good thing that comes out of Boy Presidential trying to shut down higher ed is that it's hurting everyone else a lot more than it's hurting us. Tech is slipping and slipping, we're accelerating. When the national pundits recognize where we are in relation to Teck and even LSU in many areas, it will be fait accompli.

As for ULM, they most certainly can afford to stay in 1A.

They can't afford to COMPETE in 1A. Whether they read the writing on the wall and objectively weigh the pros and cons of 1A v 1AA, depends on them. It's not like ULM is Harvard. And for that matter, it's not like Harvard always makes such great decisions. If you pay attention, the Ivy League schools make bone-headed decisions all the time.

Oh, and they cheat at sports, too. But that's another topic.
    Good post, Fun. Always enjoy hearing your viewpoints.

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

WE ARE LOUISIANA!
    *To all the Tech, Moanroe, and LSpoo fans who do not like it Keep Hating, it lets us know that we are making progress!

Here is Claire's lame response to my e-mail this morning and my subsequent retort. She just doesn't seem to get it.

On Oct 26, 2013, at 9:36 AM, "Taylor, Claire" wrote:

It was simply an error. You should be able to see how many references to "university of" are in that story. We should have edited better.

Sent from my iPhone

My response:

It's would seem that getting the name of your alma mater wrong in a story specifically about a controversy surrounding the name can't be dismissed as a simple error. In fact, that "simple error" highlights the reason we want to be referred to as Louisiana and UL especially for athletics. Those "simple errors" has resulted in ESPN and other media outlets repeatedly using the logo and mascot of Lafayette College in Easton, PA when referring to the Cajuns.

Sent from my iPad

I also e-mailed T-Joe pointing out this article, it's inaccuracies with the name as well as the comments from former UL officials who are not helping the cause. I urged him to respond to offset these comments from old fossils like Callier whose time has passed them by.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    WE ARE LOUISIANA!
    *To all the Tech, Moanroe, and LSpoo fans who do not like it Keep Hating, it lets us know that we are making progress!
    Can't say it enough.Whole lot of "not caring" going on.

3 strikes in less than one week on the same subject matter.

1. Very misleading headline in the Dr. A article
    2. Decker's ridiculous editorial
    3. "University of Lafayette" this morning

Foote has been the only positive for TDA this week. He hit a home run, while the front page department has struck out.

I left my comment on their page.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'll give you credit here, as well as ULM; I think ULM does a GREAT job of overachieving . yet we still won . twice.

We (Ragin Cajuns) are a different team now than last year's team . the SBC Championship is our primary goal and nobody, NOBODY is going to overachieve us to reach that goal.

Hope you can make the game on November 30th and best of luck to you, sincerely.
    You've got that right. I don't think I've ever seen a Cajun team like this one. We can burn you passing or rushing. We could have put more points on ASU but went for what I think was the right call and just grind out the clock. Our defense may not be the best but they are opportunistic and hard hitting. We have confidence and lack for a better word swagger. We don't win games. We go out and slap you upside the head and step on your throat.

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst . 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 . LastLast

Thread Information