Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I want some lawyer types to chime in on IF this case back in 1985 can be retried! What do you think, Turbine? I would certainly start a fund to pay a REALLY big time Lawyer to Represent UL in the 80's Case to change USL's name!
    I doubt it.

The way you retry these things is by moving to a higher court, but they won't let you enter new evidences.

What should have been a slam dunk case in favor of the Board of Trustees was mishandled, and they became the ones slam dunked.

2. Default Foote: UL name issue out of hand

In the three decades that I've been around South Louisiana media and athletic scenes, I've seen a lot of controversies.

Some of them I've experienced up, close and personal and some I've just observed from afar.

There isn't one, though, that is more misunderstood, more misinterpreted, invokes more anger and has so many different factions thinking and behaving irrationally than deciding which words to put before "Ragin' Cajuns" when discussing UL's athletic teams.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    I want some lawyer types to chime in on IF this case back in 1985 can be retried! What do you think, Turbine? I would certainly start a fund to pay a REALLY big time Lawyer to Represent UL in the 80's Case to change USL's name!
    imo

They only way it could be brought back up is to come at it from a completely different angle, like attacking a law that limits potential.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    In the three decades that I’ve been around South Louisiana media and athletic scenes, I’ve seen a lot of controversies.

Some of them I’ve experienced up, close and personal and some I’ve just observed from afar.

There isn’t one, though, that is more misunderstood, more misinterpreted, invokes more anger and has so many different factions thinking and behaving irrationally than deciding which words to put before “Ragin’ Cajuns” when discussing UL’s athletic teams.

A perfect closing line. Simply perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Well Tabby, I know you read this so takes notes you second rate irrelevant blow hard. First, you take the time to chastise us for breaking the law? Why don't you use your so called "journalist savvy" to expose the atrocities occurring in your own backyard? Your ulm could not feed YOUR team in between semesters for the only bowl ya ll will ever play in Period. Secondly, why don't you call out your local community for not supporting THEIR university by attending games and donations. Thirdly, ulm's in a financial crisis and they cant even afford to division 1 status. Why not call out the university for failed attempts at D1 when ya ll can save money by joining the southland conference? IS EDUCATIONAL MERITS even a concern for you? Think of the money ulm could divert to ACADEMICS , which as everyone knows, is ranked pathetically . I can see why Tech wants nothing to do with yall as ulm is an embarrassment to all higher education. CONGRATS ON BEING A WRITER FOR SOMETHING SO SAD and irrelevant. Keep up with your "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story". P.S. I hope HUD goes for 2 points with a 60 point lead.

Bingo. Video bingo. Oh, wait, they couldn't even covince their local lawmakers to give them that and we're seriously worried about a challenge?

Default Re: UL name issue out of hand

DING! DING! DING! DING!
    Hold ALL calls--we HAVE a WINNER!!!!!

OUTSTANDING piece, Kevin!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    Recognition?.let's be honest.ULM's season last yr doubled any national recognition the Cajuns ever had.like it or not.here is the logic for you.2 winning seasons and bowls don't make you the best in SBC.Cajuns should succeed with funding and enrollment the economy and other factors are better here.no crusading here.just really can't stand to see the same fans I was with as an undergrad try to be superior.I'm hoping for good things in lafayette.let's just hope the winning continues we all know cajun field was empty on Saturdays not long ago.
    Naaahhh. lets really be honest What people remember is that brutal ___ whipping clinic Ohio put on you guys in the I-bowl. They remember how your school is so freakin cash strapped that you couldnt house and feed them over the holidays. Your administration sent kids out there at a disadvantage to play in a bowl game against one of the best coaches in 1A BTW, we all know that Moanroe cant put 15K in that stadium if their lives depended on it. Go take your bull____ elsewhere, Hoaxboy.

Thats what people remember about your school.

Z

Just sent Kevin an email complimenting his article and thanking him for his efforts. Great piece!

GEAUX UL!!

Love this article.

Just perfect!

(Listening to Man in the Mirror in the background while reading probably enhanced the reading experience, but still a good piece! lol)

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Oh look, Ohio scored again!

For people who did not hear Kevin's show yesterday, his article in the paper this morning is basically a repeat of his verbal comments.

13. Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Decker and Tabby need to go play with themselves
    in traffic

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Vote with your money. DA takes a crack at something you love - don't support the paper.

Finally!!! A good article to come from the daily trashatiser!!! Thanks Kevin!!

Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread Information