Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Not sure why you're not taking issue with Tabby Soignier, since she DIRECTLY accused us of doing something ILLEGAL!!
    He doesn't attack her because she didn't attack him. However, he laid the wood to her uninformed, incorrect, alarmist opinion. That's how grown-ups do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.
    Is that all you've got? If anything, university officials ULL and UL Lafayette everything to death. You might as well follow that evidence with a "Yo Mama" joke.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    In addition, the procedure the University used to change the name was the same that every other school, including Louisiana Tech, used to change theirs. To void our name change the judge used twisted logic that would have made a pretzel and Justice John Roberts proud. He reasoned that the constitution gave the power to create a new university only yo the legislature (ulm was not created by the legislature) and changing a name in effect created a new university so therefore by his logic the Board of a Trustees (prior name of ULS Board) could not grant the name change and "create" a new university.
    You are saying that Judge Brown took upon himself to make up some crazy explanation of why this university could not change their name because it would create a new universitymy question is "How can you make a law years or even days later to change and existing ULS procedure that was voted on and passed legally? I am not a lawyer, just want an answerWould this university be called "University of Louisiana" if not for this Judge Brown (an alumni) who should have recused himself, been replaced?

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    I just wish that he would talk more about the skull dragging that the cajuns just put on instead of this.and ULM should be talking about trying to right the ship and get to .500.this is getting to be a crazy issue thats taking up a lot of attention
    To be honest with youI agree. I wish the name issue was not such a hot topic like it is right now. We are in the midst of potentially a great season and I'd prefer to be talking about our team

Default Re: "Louisiana" getting national attention

That website is run by a guy from New Orleans

6. Default Re: "Louisiana" getting national attention

The "at ___" was very important, law makers wrote at the time, because Louisiana already has one flagship school in Baton Rouge."
    IN A DIFFERENT SYSTEM

Paranoia run amuck.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To be honest with youI agree. I wish the name issue was not such a hot topic like it is right now. We are in the midst of potentially a great season and I'd prefer to be talking about our team
    On the flip side. At least the team won't get a big head by everyone talking about a way we could get in the bcs

8. Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I am not a lawyer, just want an answerWould this university be called "University of Louisiana" if not for this Judge Brown (an alumni) who should have recused himself, been replaced?
    Yes.

If his logic became the rule of the day, it would be worse than the recent government shutdown.

His logic at the time dictated that if your daily activity was not specifically spelled out in the Constitution you could not perform the function.

Headlines at the time should have read: State of Louisiana: Constitutionally established executive body with no related restrictions has executive powers totally handcuffed, by LSU leaning Judge.

9. UL Football Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all need to stop worrying, Louisiana is a stand alone reference. If they did pass legislation limiting our use of Louisiana it would be a violation of the 1st amendment to the constitution of the United States of America. I am sure the president of UL-Lafayette consulted lawyers and experts on this very issue. We just need to get a couple lobbyist and a group of lawyers together to fight this issue if it ever started to comeup in Baton Rouge
    T-Joe has no more right to free speech within the ULS than you do at your jobBoth are subject to restrictions by their employers with regards to work place speech, and comments about your employers. Neither are absolutes.

Now you and I are not subject to this problem as we do in fact have free speech.

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Doc A had his day, thank God it's over, he should respect the current administration and defer his comments.
    His comments were not the problem in this instance. The headline was

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    If you were serious, I'd give you an explanation. LaPoly just doesn't have the same ring to it ; )
    I'm just as serious as you were when posing the original question. I'll go ahead and give you the answer to your question. Our admin had been hearing from outside reviewing agencies that the double directional name was misleading and hindering the a University when it came to things such as securing grant funding. They advised that to an outsider deciding on distributing grants looking at requests on paper the name gave a false impression of the school rather than reflect its true size and resources as the second largest public institution in the state. The president (never to be confused with a supporter of athletics) wanted this for academic reasons. We fans admittedly liked the potential for athletics.

Now I await your serious answer to my question?

Default Re: Foote Show

You don't have a phone????

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This was just about the only Kyle call or post that I could actually stomach and I did agree with him. However, what I loved more, was the guy who called at the end of the hour and called Kyle what he is and has been for years in regards to his professional allegiances.A Benedict Arnold!!!!!!

I can't count the numerous times I had to listen to him chime in about the Panthers and what a true professional football team was and how a true franchise was run. I also loved how the caller placed Kyle quietly (or not) in the corner on Kyle's ludicrous comment about predicting super bowl glory for the Saints in 2009 blahh.I wanted to do the same thing but didn't have access to call in.

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    +1 Read beyond the headline,Hammer
    I did. Basinbear and I discussed this earlier today. What is in the body now is slightly different than what we both read early this morning. We both recall that Ray was attributed to say we used Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns for athletics and then that he said we drifted to Louisiana. This gave the implication that he did it right with the apostrophe but the current admin was maybe crossing a line. Now it seems the words attributed to him no longer have the apostrophe and makes it look like Ray used "Louisiana Ragin a Cajuns". I don't know what he actually said but we all know that under Ray the closest we got was the use of "Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns" because we all made a big deal about it here when the comma-to-the-top s disappeared from the logo.

I will agree that the body of the story is not nearly as inflammatory as the headline. However he would have been better served just saying "There is nothing wrong in their use of Louisiana" without going into opinions of we better be careful, etc.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    They will be hearing "Another LOUISIANA First Down!" quite alot in Cajun Field Nov. 30.
    _
    +1.

15. Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

I think Louisiana is legacy protected.

Going on 14 years

Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread Information