Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

The more they complain. the more we are LOUISIANA.

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The university may have gone too far this season, criticizing sports announcers for not calling the team Louisiana and even . time and if they included the school's geographic location in the name.

Miss me yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

If it's legal its legal, you can't go to far in asking someone to call you by a prefered nickname.

Asking someone to call you "Louisiana" is no different than asking someone to call you "Ragin' Cajuns"

I do agree though, "UL Lafayette" does go too far.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

This is all Kabuki theater prompted by a small minded hack beat writer. If ULM were serious, they wouldn't have been this noisy about it. They'd have gone to work quietly behind the scenes. They have no game plan. AND if they were foolish enough to fight us, they will know they will never again be able to count on our vote for anything.
    Truth.

un freaking believable.love to be inside Martin Hall this morning

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Gannett lacks stories, so they spread local stories across America.

Fossil should realize a reporter always has a story they want to present, and the questions will always direct you to the answer they want. We conservatives have seen this for decades on sixty minutes where most of the interview is left on the cutting room floor and what is left is spliced together to create a story they want right or wrong.

IMO the Fossil was set up. A willing dupe. He should simply walk around and accept the kind words being bestowed on him instead of inserting himself into a contrived controversy.

The last I heard ESPN has not issued anything about UL trying to bully them.We hear plenty from Tabby Sonnier. So glad she has our best interest at heart, or that ba$tard Thompson, the original back stabbing tool of the Evil Empire.

7. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I'd prefer to leave the term separation to LTUR.

I was in my 2ND freshman year in 1984.this isn't new. I never wanted to be Louisiana too put down anyone. Wanted it to better our natural fit. "Texas Longhorns" Tennessee Volunteers" Oklahoma Sooners" our State is "known for all things "Cajun". Many in stateall over profit from the "cajun" culture so being Louisiana Cajuns is 100% natural to assume for our state.

All Tabbys crap is sore loser whining. ULM can be a great brand but you have to put all your efforts into YOUR brand. What she's doing is galvanizing our Branding efforts. There battle is bulding brand status vs Rustonia. Large majority of image/perception & for student growth in region is with them.
    You are right Policarp, the state is known for the City of New Orleans, Cajuns, and Mardi Gras in that order. I am pretty sure the last two switched in the eighties when Cajun Cooking became the rage.from Louisiana Oh sheit there we go again association of the Ragin, Cajuns, and Louisiana, there must be a law somewhere protecting Baton Rouge, RustOn,MoanRow, and Bossier City.

Suck on it Hoax, nobody in America gives a good G Damn about your city, or region as it is no different or unique from any other red neck city in the South.

Got a bad feeling this thing is not going to work out well for the good guys.

We are the only University in the State where some of our own local town folk and others completely undermine what we do.I swear.this is so depressing

10. UL Baseball Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    When did ESPN announce that? I must have missed it because they didn't do it Tuesday night, unfortunately.

Well they were fine with it during the CWS, said we wanted to be called that and they would The next day after numerous complaints by fellow participant EllisWho fans they dropped it without further comment.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Gannett lacks stories, so they spread local stories across America.

Fossil should realize a reporter always has a story they want to present, and the questions will always direct you to the answer they want. We conservatives have seen this for decades on sixty minutes where most of the interview is left on the cutting room floor and what is left is spliced together to create a story they want right or wrong.

IMO the Fossil was set up. A willing dupe. He should simply walk around and accept the kind words being bestowed on him instead of inserting himself into a contrived controversy.

The last I heard ESPN has not issued anything about UL trying to bully them.We hear plenty from Tabby Sonnier. So glad she has our best interest at heart, or that ba$tard Thompson, the original back stabbing tool of the Evil Empire.
    I'm not a fan of RA, but the whole title of the article is BS. In the article, RA said:

But if the university is telling reporters to call the team Louisiana, it needs to be careful, he cautioned.

“I think we should be the University of Louisiana. Period,” Authement said Wednesday.

Short of that, Authement said he thinks the sports teams can use Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns without breaking the law.

“That doesn’t violate anything. That’s what we used on our athletic teams,” he said. “Some people drifted to the Louisiana.”

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Got a bad feeling this thing is not going to work out well for the good guys.
    Cut the negativity, Slappy.

Z

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

They will be hearing "Another LOUISIANA First Down!" quite alot in Cajun Field Nov. 30.

Default Re: The North louisiana Follies

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Ok, let me take a whack at this. Louisiana Tech and ULM seem to be tag teaming our governing Board to make U L stop using the athletic branding "Louisiana" because they think it denotes "Flagship" status. Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech, in official University Press releases mind you, designates itself "The Flagship of North Louisiana". If anyone would check you will find that the word "Flagship" is never used by any Department at UL. ULM meanwhile was the first to try and brand itself as "Louisiana" in the early 2,000's. Ulm is being goaded even more by Tech to pursue this insanity all the while knowing that Tech has declared ULM Indian(far east) style untouchable status as far as they will never be on the schedule.Tech going so far as to run away like a scalded dog from the Independence Bowl because the opponent was to beULM. Meanwhile Tabby of Monroe News Star fame who seems to be cooperating with Tech flunkies has issued a name fatwa against UL and has even tried to drag LSU into this. LSU apparently could give a damn.they have their own problems. Well.that's all for now bartender can I have anotherand leave the bottle.good grief
    Teck calls itself the flagship of Northern Louisiana?

I think that's what they call 'Damning with faint praise'. It's sort of like being the flaship of Somalia.

It is a sad day when a fan base of another university tries to pull down another university because of paranoia. It is ironic when LTUR was doing all it could do for "separation" from everyone else in Louisiana, and we were stuck in the mud, they saw it as a university trying to better itself. Yet, now that the tables are turned and they are the ones that are stuck in the mud, someone that shouldn't have a dog in the fight is concentrating and focusing all of their energy to drag us back instead of trying to fix their own problems and lift themselves up. When will they realize that if more universities better themselves, it will have a more positive affect than trying to drag another down? A friend of mine at work, who is a huge LSU fan, loves the idea of UL tring to push to be better athletically. He believes that a better UL is better for the state. He believes that if they don't go to LSU, they should go to UL. More is better. He wants the better recruits to stay in the state. If something does come of this, it just goes to show you how petty and vindictive other universities and parts of the LA Leg. are when you can't even call yourself by your nickname. Then, if that's the case, then our local media and PA announcer at the games should always use their legal and proper name when they are addressed. No nicknames allowed or abbreviated versions. Ok, I'm now done venting and being petty. lol.

Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 . LastLast

Thread Information