Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

So I am reading an account of a McNeese football game and they just mention that McNeese beat ????---According to the use the whole name policy this would be illegal!!!!

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I love how you much confidence you have in things you can't possibly know.

But go ahead and keep thinking its impossible to accomplish anything at UL.
    at some point you simply have to cut the chord and squash this cancer, we carried them into the sunbelt that was our good deed. we are now both big boys as schools its time for them to carry there own effin weight. there should be no give and take in the issue we take what is rightfully ours period

3. Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    You are my idol.
    That is why I like the concept of using
    LOUISIANA
    the
    RAGIN' CAJUNS

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

ULM is just a minor distraction to using the name "Louisiana."

LSU is the real power broker in the state, and that is why at least two universities had to agree to the name change.

LSU does not want any resemblance of another flagship university in the state, even if it is governed in another system.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And that is why I came on at 5:35 to set the record straight! I will have someone on tomorrow's show from UL to answer her allegations directly.
    please tell me someone has an audio recording of the interviews.please!!!! please!

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

+

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    But notice the quote from Belt spokesman McElwain, he seems to be crawfishing now. He could have easily issued the we let members decide how the should be referenced. Now it's to the effect of "we're studying it".
    I hope McElwain and the Sun Belt study real hard for the test because there is only one correct and acceptable answer. WE ARE LOUISIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Aaron Martingood guy
    Correct. We have people in place to fight for what we want no holds barred but with a level of intelligence. It happens now or doesn't happen at all in my opinion. We have a complete team in place at this stage and I believe it will get done. I started at the REAL UL, meaning 1985. Very few can claim that identity. Unfortunately my diploma didn't reflect the same ending. Time to correct that retroactively.

Everyone should go back and read post #27-29 by me early this morning/late last night.
    https://forumeus.com/.681#post559681

Anyone for this? Let's theme the ULM game on Nov 30th as "We are LOUISIANA!"

Now should we add a "Suck it HOAX" to the end of that theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    That is why I like the concept of using
    LOUISIANA
    the
    RAGIN' CAJUNS
    Hit the nail in the head!!! Perfectly said!

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    ULM is just a minor distraction to using the name "Louisiana."

LSU is the real power broker in the state, and that is why at least two universities had to agree to the name change.

LSU does not want any resemblance of another flagship university in the state, even if it is governed in another system.
    LSU is quoted in a newspaper article that they do not care what we call ourselves. LSU is secure in who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And that is why I came on at 5:35 to set the record straight! I will have someone on tomorrow's show from UL to answer her allegations directly.
    Based on Buckley's article, the university is not in sync with the athletic department. The athletic dept says call us Louisiana. The university is quoted as saying for athletics, call us the university of Louisiana at Lafayette, UL Lafayette, LouisiNa's Ragin Cajuns, Ragin Cajuns or just Cajuns. How confusing is that. I suspect that is akin old quote from the La Louisiane issue on Branding, but just further adds to the confusion. Perhaps it is time for UL to coordinate things internally and with the media if we are ever going to be successful with this.

And, another question. The SBC office only gave ESPN approval to call us what we ask for the one Tuesday night game and said they will have to come up with a plan on how to deal with this. Is Dr. S going to talk Benson about this directly and get this resolved? It appears that until the SBC calls us Louisiana AND tells all of the media to call us Louisiana, this debacle will never end. I for one am glad this is coming to a head. Time to get this resolved NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Everyone should go back and read post #27-29 by me early this morning/late last night.
    https://forumeus.com/.681#post559681

Anyone for this? Let's theme the ULM game on Nov 30th as "We are LOUISIANA!"

Now should we add a "Suck it HOAX" to the end of that theme?
    "Send me a pirvate message, I'm thinking of doing a radio promotion for the game."

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    LSU is quoted in a newspaper article that they do not care what we call ourselves. LSU is secure in who they are.
    If I remember correctly it was the SID of LSU that was commenting.

My thought was related to the bigger issue dropping the "Lafayette" and becoming known as the "University of Lousiana" and athletically as "Louisiana."

I don't think the LSU institution, and their Board has the same thoughts as their SID.

And I don't think ULM can stop the athletic branding - Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

However, you may have another reference/quote from an lead academic figure which I did not see.

Thanks.

Came to UL in 85' after being recruited by the real UL' in 84'.

1. The legislature put forth a law on how a University of Louisiana @ ------ can represent itself. However this is really an issue of funding. In other words the University can't print letterhead, tshirts etc. with the University of Louisiana.

2. Outside of the legislature the idea of freedom of speech prevails. I'll scream Louisiana from the rooftop.Tabby is welcome on my roof any day. I get a kick out of thinking the ULM pecan patrol is handcuffing people for not including the Lafayette tag.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Yea, tarp fan extraordinaire Dwayne is begging Dr. Woodley to make an addendum to the Bylaws in order to prevent us from branding ourselves as Louisiana. If they would have mobilized as quickly as they are now and emailed Van De Velde last year, they might have convinced him to accept the Independence Bowl invite.
    Dwayne from Minden? Well if that is the case the mask is off and we see the true nature of the Nechs. Dwayne always presented himself as Mr. Reasonable secure in who they were and perfectly fine with UL pursuing its own course as they pursued theirs. I guess since they failed in their bid to become the flagship of north Louisiana they are worried that we might succeed in becoming known as the University of Louisiana.

Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information