Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

I did too!

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

We've made progress. That's why there is all this whining from the Lilliputians. As for how long we should keep up the fight? Until it's won. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. It's also worth fighting for. You keep making allusions to trench warfare. You're tight. That's exactly east it us. If you don't have the stomach for it get the ____ out of the trench. But if you really want it unsheathe your knuckle duster and get in the mud with the rest of us.

3. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    We've made progress. That's why there is all this whining from the Lilliputians. As for how long we should keep up the fight? Until it's won. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. It's also worth fighting for. You keep making allusions to trench warfare. You're tight. That's exactly east it us. If you don't have the stomach for it get the ____ out of the trench. But if you really want it unsheathe your knuckle duster and get in the mud with the rest of us.
    Mixed messages from Martin Hall have done enormous damage in the not so distant pass.

Same page marketing is crucial.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

correct me if I'm wrong, but if ULM doesn't compromise with us, couldn't we just say that fine, we will change to UofA (University of Acadiana). By us doing so, would it force ULM to change to something as well due to there is no other UL_?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    The fear in this state is amazing. Also, who made Michael Bonnette the "Sports Information Guru"? You win a few games inTV and it gets poeple's attention.
    The concern of these LSU guys is hilarious. With all of their money and advantages to see them worried about us is like Donald Trump or T. Boone Pickens worried about Ol' Boudreaux getting royalties on his 2 acres in Grand Chenier.

Our goal is "Louisiana". That is the solution they need to live with. Surrendering or giving up (just as you suggested with the ESPN announcers) will not achieve that solution.
    Dude, you forget that I was one of the very first people to tweet the announcers. Look it up, it's on the internet for all to see. I just asked you and others not to bombard them with a-hole comments once we learned the decision to use Louisiana-Lafayette wasn't theirs. Quit making **** up about me.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Well the answer to that question is I don't know exactly what the answer is. But here's what I would like to see, even if it's a long shot.

I suggest T-Joe meet with the ULM pres. to try to hammer out a compromise. Hopefully something that will allow us to keep the Louisiana name permanently without claiming or implying flagship status, and finding another name that ULM could live with that won't make them seem like our satellite campus if we use Louisiana, which is their main beef with us. Perhaps Monroe State, Monroe University, or the University of North Louisiana. And maybe we throw in something else to make it a better deal for them. This way both sides get most of what they want.

And hey, I'll just come out and say it and I don't even know if i agree with it. But I'm throwing it out there. During these negotiations if ULM is completely against us having the UL name, we should at least consider changing our name to something like Acadiana University or University of Acadiana if they'll change theirs. I don't love it. Of course I don't love it. But I sure like it a lot more than Louisiana-Lafayette. Again, let's not kid ourselves. We're not officially UL. The university can't even call itself UL. And outside of Lafayette, hardly anyone calls us UL. I don't think anyone disagrees that: UL > Acadiana U > ULL. So maybe that's our side of the compromise?

Once this is done they can go to their respective local legislative delegations to craft a bill allowing this name change to take place. If you have the full support of the North Louisiana and Acadiana delegations, and then you add in the fact that both universities are in complete agreement and are trying to better themselves, we could get this pushed through the legislature. I don't see a majority of legislators opposing this if it's what both schools want for themselves.

Look, Nevada-Reno uses Nevada because no one in Nevada gives a crap about what they call themselves. But here, for some stupid reason, it matters to people. It matters so much there are a whole list of ridiculous rules that will always prevent us from being UL. We need to acknowledge this and change strategies to get the rules changed. My idea may not be the best. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

I'll ask you this question. Here we are 14 years in and we've made little to no progress. Why do you think the next 14 years will be different? How many more years will it take before we can finally claim victory?
    If we compromise or surrender, the answer to that is we will never achieve victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Mixed messages from Martin Hall have done enormous damage in the not so distant pass.

Same page marketing is crucial.
    The whole problem we have is that state law prevents Martin Hall from sending the right message.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'll ask you this question. Here we are 14 years in and we've made little to no progress. Why do you think the next 14 years will be different? How many more years will it take before we can finally claim victory?
    We just started the most important component of securing the political and financial authority necessary to support our athletic name branding and much much more. Our new president and new football coach are not 14 years into this effort. And each year that they've been here, we are gaining enormous ground. The flaw in your WWII analogy is that we are not suffering bloodshed and lost lives in "this war". We are only suffering aggravation. We can weather this storm.

There is no need whatsoever to stop the fight. Some considerable collateral will come our way in the next few years that will enormously add to our elevated identity. We've had some people with tunnel vision and weak hearts get on here and act as if our name mauling is the worst atrocity since the Holocaust. We still do absolutely everything that matters the exact same way. We simply have this name issue. And again. once our power increases in proportion with our upcoming accomplishments. there is little that these jealous neophites can do about it.

Just hang in there and keep your chin up. But do not start drafting peace treaties with compromises. We have no reason to compromise with anyone.

I also pointed out the double standard of the TPnot having anything about our win last night in their sports section, but we make headline news with the name thing.

What is so amazing to me is how all these people and universities across the state say they don't care what we want to call ourselves, yet can't stop trying to get us to call ourselves what they want us to.

They protest too much for them not to be worried.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_Spice View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but if ULM doesn't compromise with us, couldn't we just say that fine, we will change to UofA (University of Acadiana). By us doing so, would it force ULM to change to something as well due to there is no other UL_?
    I'm no lawyer, I think we are not allowed to change our university name. UL system schools had to either keep their old name or change to Louisiana @ city tag. No other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We just started the most important component of securing the political and financial authority necessary to support our athletic name branding and much much more. Our new president and new football coach are not 14 years into this effort. And each year that they've been here, we are gaining enormous ground. The flaw in your WWII analogy is that we are not suffering bloodshed and lost lives in "this war". We are only suffering aggravation. We can weather this storm.

There is no need whatsoever to stop the fight. Some considerable collateral will come our way in the next few years that will enormously add to our elevated identity. We've had some people with tunnel vision and weak hearts get on here and act as if our name mauling is the worst atrocity since the Holocaust. We still do absolutely everything that matters the exact same way. We simply have this name issue. And again. once our power increases in proportion with our upcoming accomplishments. there is little that these jealous neophites can do about it.

Just hang in there and keep your chin up. But do not start drafting peace treaties with compromises. We have no reason to compromise with anyone.
    This and that!!!

The whole point is that trench warfare didn't work for either side. It wasn't until one side started building tanks that things began to change. We need to build some damn tanks. You can stay in the trench though.

Dude, you forget that I was one of the very first people to tweet the announcers. Look it up, it's on the internet for all to see. I just asked you and others not to bombard them with a-hole comments once we learned the decision to use Louisiana-Lafayette wasn't theirs. Quit making **** up about me.
    I'm not making anything up about you. You are creating your own image of yourself here and it's one of surrender, IMO. You interpreted that someone was holding a gun to their head despite the fact that Davis gave ever changing excuses for his actions including "the conference made me do it", " Monroe made me do it" and "my boss makes me do it". When pressed, the conference released a statement saying they don't care what he calls us. Suddenly all the excuses evaporate and he uses Louisiana. Bombarding them and the conference sure seemed have the desired effect in a hurry. I think had we followed your admonition we would have heard a bunch of Lafayettes and ULLs last night.

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information