Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

No other University in the Country is going through this.no one. There is NO flagship University in the University of Nevada SystemUniversity of Nevada at Las Vegas has branded itself as UNLV for decadeseveryone accepts thisthe University of Nevada at Reno about a decade ago decided to brand itself Athletically as the Nevada Wolf pack.perfectly acceptable to everyone.when you read or hear in the Nevada Media about anything concerning academics at the University it is always referred to as Nevada-Renoabout a decade ago, LA-Mon decided that it wanted to brand itself as Louisiana in Athletics.no one gave a s*** and it failed miserablynow we step up to the plate and officially decide to brand ourselves as the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns and a cat 5 **** storm ensues.why.because they are scared S***less and jealous as hell.It seems that it is fine for UL to bend over and grab its ankles once again and let the powers that be in Monroe run over us.but oh no.don't fight.we might upset someone.enough.time to fight for what is ours

Bear I am glad to see you coming around to the opinion I have held for over ten years. It is past time for us to stand up, and quit kissing Monroe's ___.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Bear I am glad to see you coming around to the opinion I have held for over ten years. It is past time for us to stand up, and quit kissing Monroe's ___.
    I am about at 96% and almost completely fed up.

every sister school in our system expects political help and support from us and we give that.time to call in the chips.

Do those other states have laws like Louisiana has?

6. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Do those other states have laws like Louisiana has?
    Probably not. But I have never seen a school like LAMOANROE risk their brand to hurt another schools brand. They have wins over Bama and Arkansas, yet they are still losing money and hurting, and decide to attack the Cajuns rather than taking control of their own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Titsburgfeelers View Post
    Probably not. But I have never seen a school like LAMOANROE risk their brand to hurt another schools brand. They have wins over Bama and Arkansas, yet they are still losing money and hurting, and decide to attack the Cajuns rather than taking control of their own destiny.
    You, sir, win the internet with that name

8. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    about a decade ago, LA-Mon decided that it wanted to brand itself as Louisiana in Athletics.no one gave a s*** and it failed miserablynow we step up to the plate and officially decide to brand ourselves as the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns and a cat 5 **** storm ensues
    ULM's 'Louisiana' initiative failed the first time because UL was already branded as "Louisiana's" now the apostrophe s was unnecessary and was dropped.

Side note, it may have been because of Jerry Tark but I always had a higher perception of UNLV over Nevada.

In the end it takes an accurate name and more importantly winning.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    You, sir, win the internet with that name
    That name made my Sunday.

10. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

LA-Moan
    the lemons

No other University in the Country is going through this.no one. There is NO flagship University in the University of Nevada SystemUniversity of Nevada at Las Vegas has branded itself as UNLV for decadeseveryone accepts thisthe University of Nevada at Reno about a decade ago decided to brand itself Athletically as the Nevada Wolf pack.perfectly acceptable to everyone.when you read or hear in the Nevada Media about anything concerning academics at the University it is always referred to as Nevada-Renoabout a decade ago, LA-Mon decided that it wanted to brand itself as Louisiana in Athletics.no one gave a s*** and it failed miserablynow we step up to the plate and officially decide to brand ourselves as the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns and a cat 5 **** storm ensues.why.because they are scared S***less and jealous as hell.It seems that it is fine for UL to bend over and grab its ankles once again and let the powers that be in Monroe run over us.but oh no.don't fight.we might upset someone.enough.time to fight for what is ours
    As someone who actually spent time at University of Nevada, Reno. This is 100% correct. It baffles me that we face this headache at UL when Nevada figured it out without issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Side note, it may have been because of Jerry Tark but I always had a higher perception of UNLV over Nevada.
    Not so fast my friend, UNR is definitely superior to UNLV. Just like UL is superior to Monroe Community College.lol

There has always been at attitude in this state of "if I can't get ahead I will try to keep you down". This is seen as a play for "Flagship" status by others inside of our system.I believe that no one will ever be declared the flagship University inside of this system one reason being LSU will fight tooth and nail to keep the word "flagship" away from any other University in the State Using the acronym "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns" is completely legal as was the term "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns".all that we have done is make the acronym cleaner by dropping the 's. We are doing with our athletic branding exactly what Nevada-Reno did

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    Not so fast my friend, UNR is definitely superior to UNLV. Just like UL is superior to Monroe Community College.lol
    Agreed

what the graphic read wasready for it? UL- Monroe VS. LA-Lafayette
    You see, THIS is what the HOAX fans don't get. If they want espn-Bristol to force the city designation on us, then it WILL be forced on them too. Thus, thwarting their own branding effort as ULM. They don't want the City designation any more than us, but they'll tolerate it to keep us from branding as Louisiana.

Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information