Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst . 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    The Conference office has to push this. Probably this requires membership in another conference. If the CUSA commish does this it doesn't matter what LTU thinks.
    --please LTUR!!!!

Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    1. The Conference office has to push this. 2. Probably this requires membership in another conference. 3. If the CUSA commish does this it doesn't matter what LTU thinks.
    1. They won't.
    2. Yes.
    3. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I know and that's my point. We need Benson to be here telling us in person if the conference will or will not support us in this, then letting ESPN know. Benson calls us UL and Louisiana when he is in Lafayette, but Louisiana Lafayette when he is away. In the mean time, all of our conference members (other than ULM) and our opponents call us Louisiana. It is ONLY the conference that won't do so. Benson has direct accountability for that.
    It is not possible to show favoritism for one conference member over another, no matter what Wright Waters thinks. People here may want Karl Benson to side with us publicly, but it would not be the right thing to do. If he did side with us on what both schools feel is a major issue, he would lose the respect of all the university presidents and may very well find himself out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It is not possible to show favoritism for one conference member over another, no matter what Wright Waters thinks. People here may want Karl Benson to side with us publicly, but it would not be the right thing to do. If he did side with us on what both schools feel is a major issue, he would lose the respect of all the university presidents and may very well find himself out of a job.
    So he sides with them and doesn't lose respect?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Not exactly. People here want Benson to call ALL schools by the branding that EACH school prefers for itself. That is NOT 'siding with us'. That is treating us with the same respect he treats all other schools. NO Cajun fan is asking the conference to call 'Troy' 'Troy State' or 'TxSt' 'TSU' or 'ULM' 'Louisiana-Monroe'.

How is he going to lose respect by honoring every school's branding?

If you don't see that distinction, you are part of the problem.

6. Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Icitsh has a problem cingitsh.

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    So he sides with them and doesn't lose respect?
    Not from the other presidents. Start to think about any issue in which Georgia State and Georgia Southern may come at odds, and think what would happen if he sides with one over the other.

Not from the other presidents. Start to think about any issue in which Georgia State and Georgia Southern may come at odds, and think what would happen if he sides with one over the other.
    Apparently nothing. He [and Waters] has been siding with ULM over us for years and still has a job.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not exactly. People here want Benson to call ALL schools by the branding that EACH school prefers for itself. That is NOT 'siding with us'. That is treating us with the same respect he treats all other schools. NO Cajun fan is asking the conference to call 'Troy' 'Troy State' or 'TxSt' 'TSU' or 'ULM' 'Louisiana-Monroe'.

How is he going to lose respect by honoring every school's branding?

If you don't see that distinction, you are part of the problem.
    I'm sorry you can't see that Monroe feels the same way we do when we feel we are being "bullied" by the kitty cats from the East. I know it's not the same thing, but they (birdies) can't see it that way. As long as Benson knows that calling us Louisiana makes Monroe feel less than a valued conference member, he won't do it except here.

10. Default

I'm sorry you can't see that Monroe feels the same way we do when we feel we are being "bullied" by the kitty cats from the East. I know it's not the same thing, but they (birdies) can't see it that way. As long as Benson knows that calling us Louisiana makes Monroe feel less than a valued conference member, he won't do it except here.
    Feely touchy stays in Monroe.

Can you imagine "We don't want want Benson to call us UNLV if their nickname is Nevada."

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Apparently nothing. He [and Waters] has been siding with ULM over us for years and still has a job.
    Benson has only been commissioner for 18 months. This branding tension has never been this high, certainly not while Benson has been in place. I'm sorry you can't see that Benson is doing what he feels is right. I would like for him to endorse calling us Louisiana, but I will respect his decision not to do so. I recognize the fact that his endorsement would sway things in our favor with ESPN, but without a guarantee that ESPN would start doing it with his endorsement, I'll wait until it's their own idea, that way they won't stop.

12. Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Just because ULM has a problem with us is no reason for Benson to slam ULM.

LOSE LOSE is a brain dead solution.

How in any way shape or form, is the SBC Monroeing them against their ULM wishes, any better than them not understanding the concept of a nickname?

I understand what you are saying, but the conference's policy should simply be to call each university what it asks to be called. Can you imagine if UCLA decided that Cal Berkeley shouldn't be called Cal any longer and demands that the PAC 12 commissioner call them Cal Berkeley or UCB. Absurd, isn't it.

Damn!!!! Does Scott know Deacon is stepping out on him with Karl?!!!!

Karl Benson should lose this job anyway. A name issue won't push him down that path. It's ridiculous that EVERY other conference has zero issues with their names, yet the Wright Brothers and Benson Bailey Circus that is this conference couldn't/can't figure this out

Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst . 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Thread Information