Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 . LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Moon Griffon talking about Louisiana name

Moon got it right

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Moon got it right
    Yes, he did. But one of Monroe's 5 fans will probably burn his house down.

He is a good man. I have called in to his show and he knows me as "Ragin' Cajun Johnny". I have invited him to come to a few UL sporting events. I'll ask him about coming on the 30th.

Default Re: It is Over for NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I would guess between J1M, Hawk, Hammer, Zee , and myself we could get them sidelined.

Prolly pretty efficiently I mite add .

Just sayin'
    I can sideline a thread in three posts or less.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    He has no problem with it. Says we've been marketing ourselves like this since day one. Can't understand the problem. If they want to be called Louisiana or UL, call them that. LSU is the flagship and will always be.
    SO good to have someone NOT in Lafayette say EXACTLY what we've been saying from day one! THANK YOU, Moon!!! Of course, the downside for him is, Tabby won't be citing him for any future articles 8o|

6. Default Re: Moon Griffon talking about Louisiana name

He has a huge listening audience in Lafayette with our big conservative base!!! But I remember calling in and being for the UL name change and he wanted to keep it S'Western and N'Eastern---then he was trying to name all the schools and asked where S'Eastern was located---I replied that he had proven my point!!! I also told Cecil Picard to use the "Texas Western/UTEP approach---Well he did and got it passed and I am not sure if I would have been for the bill with the LSU add ons and the city restrictions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I can sideline a thread in three posts or less.
    BTW, I just checked the ULM and La Tech boards. All threads relating to our name have been deleted. Might be good for us to do the same now that this all behind us and simply move forward as Louisiana.

The only outstanding issue now is getting the SBC to firm up their policy on what to call teams. They need to accept Louisiana, allow us to use it going forward (and not just for last Tuesday's game which ESPN did not follow anyway), change their website to ULM and Louisiana instead of Louisiana Lafayette and Louisiana Monroe, then get ESPN to recognize us as Louisiana. We should know how all of this will turn out in our nationally televised game vs. Troy.

Moon is good people. Let me sit in for a couple segments on air when he was doing a remote in Shreveport a few years back.

Now as for that liberal Nathan Pike character on KPEL.

ES_PEE_N will call us every name in the book but "Louisiana" or Ragin Cajuns", because they can and will

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Now that it's over and a done deal, let's make the band The Pride of Louisiana.
    if we can get them new solid black unis we could have a band/name/school colors/uni thread.i don't know if the interwebs can sustain such a thing

11. Default Re: It is Over for NOW

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    if we can get them new solid black unis we could have a band/name/school colors/uni thread.i don't know if the interwebs can sustain such a thing
    black is not a school color? UGH!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    black is not a school color? UGH!

LOL
    How about a uniform in the non-school colors of black and yellow ?!!!!!!!!

Did he bring the issue up on his show or did somebody call in?

If he brought it up, way cool for us.

I'm sure he realizes he's poking a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    How about a uniform in the non-school colors of black and yellow ?!!!!!!!!
    With lafayette on the chest

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess that today's Headline on the parking article ends the Advertisers position on using UL----huge UL on the parking situation article---Between this action and the continued work of Buckley I am a HUGE DA fan---Keep up the good work and well ooooopppssss---What about Decker???
    Decker indirectly assisted in getting boss cannedI'm sure he is looking fervently for that transfer

Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 . LastLast

Thread Information