Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst . 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 . LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1157

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Default Re: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    It's also the umpteen threads on the topic this past week combined!
    Which means portions of this thread have been read this many umpteen times.

2. Default BEAM: ULL's Bid To Become UL Has Some Detractors

“We’re not trying to change the name of the university in any shape,” Martin told NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune. He said a plan to drop “Lafayette” isn’t in the works, and was surprised at reports that said it was happening. The confusion appears .

Default Re: BEAM: ULL's Bid To Become UL Has Some Detractors

I hear crickets.

More not caring going on.

Just for clarification this is an article by a Brokeback Cowboy in the Lake Chuck American a Press. To prove the Brokebacks don't care he was compelled to write a column about their not caring. These clowns are obsessed with UL and will go to their graves "not caring". And that alone makes the fight to use UL worth it.

Good then, it appears there is a lot of "not caring" going on, so apparently there is no issue.

There was never an issue, this was a non-news story created by a small time sports hack.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dead issue.

Geaux UL!!

Z

7. Default Re: BEAM: ULL's Bid To Become UL Has Some Detractors

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    "In 1995, the name issue surfaced again. The late state Sen. Cecil Picard of Maurice sponsored a bill to create the University of Louisiana System to replace the Board of Trustees for State Colleges and Universities"
    1995 20/20

Interesting how they garnered enough votes to dismantle the Louisiana Constitutionally established "Board of Trustees" (and protected) but they can't make a dimes worth of headway on protecting educational funding?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    1995 20/20

Interesting how they garnered enough votes to dismantle the Louisiana Constitutionally established "Board of Trustees" (and protected) but they can't make a dimes worth of headway on protecting educational funding?
    And these same people who don't mind Louisiana being identified with Choot 'Em Swamp People, Billy the Exterminator or the Golddigger Governor's Wife and her two ugly stepdaughters (my wife just had to watch that trash last night) have a problem with the successful Ragin Cajuns athletics being associated with "Louisiana". Truly a Banana Republic.

Of course the one good thing about this article is we now have it in the written record that Lake Cuck and the Brokebacks don't care what we do.

Default Re: Don Briggs: Let it be called UL for athletics

It is important to point out to the masses that this isn't about two schools wanting the same name, but several schools trying to keep a boot on one school. It sounds like a conspiracy theory when we say it. When Mr. Briggs asks the important question of "Hey, why are you doing this when you don't want the name anyway?" the answers will provoke thought and more questions.

Identity crisis? As the largest school in the UL system we know exactly who we are no crisis here. Maybe the hack just has an acceptance crisis?

11. Default Name ordeal is Over for NOW

I guess that today's Headline on the parking article ends the Advertisers position on using UL----huge UL on the parking situation article---Between this action and the continued work of Buckley I am a HUGE DA fan---Keep up the good work and well ooooopppssss---What about Decker???

Default Re: It is Over for NOW

Turbine, can you rig it where if anybody starts ANOTHER name thread they recieve a small electrical shock from their mouse?

How I long for a uniform, band, restroom, or HUD thread

13. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Don Briggs: Let it be called UL for athletics

Well the answer is simple the same one they always have. So YOU cannot have it. YOU are not the flagship. Bla, bla, bla,

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Turbine, can you rig it where if anybody starts ANOTHER name thread they recieve a small electrical shock from their mouse?

How I long for a uniform, band, restroom, or HUD thread
    I would guess between J1M, Hawk, Hammer, Zee , and myself we could get them sidelined.

Prolly pretty efficiently I mite add .

Just sayin'

Default Moon Griffon talking about Louisiana name

He has no problem with it. Says we've been marketing ourselves like this since day one. Can't understand the problem. If they want to be called Louisiana or UL, call them that. LSU is the flagship and will always be.

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst . 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 . LastLast

Thread Information