Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst . 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

wow, im stunned James would have this attitude. I've spoken to him several times and his attitude has always been pro UL and he is EXTREMELY aware of the opposition and is very outspoken against LSU and all other universities attempts to derails ul's achievements. I had to water down his commentary for the doc somewhat even. Wonder wtf is up with that?

Default Re: Advertiser admits error / false report about Authement

I was wondering why they have not interviewed Dr. Savoie yet. It would seem to me that he would be the go to person in this situation.

3. Default Re: Everyone has opinion on UL Lafayette nickname

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    wow, im stunned James would have this attitude. I've spoken to him several times and his attitude has always been pro UL and he is EXTREMELY aware of the opposition and is very outspoken against LSU and all other universities attempts to derails ul's achievements. I had to water down his commentary for the doc somewhat even. Wonder wtf is up with that?
    I would love it if reporters had to include the phrasing if their questions in the footnote of their articles. A footnote link would even be nice. "These were the questions asked."

According to The Daily Adverstiser, A Gannet Newspaper @ Lafayette, Louisiana, they have attempted to contact him for his side, but he has "refused" to comment.

University of Lafayette
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I know Mr. Callier, and his "attitude" toward the university is exemplar.

The issue with his comments may have more to do with his personal "ethics" than his "attitude."

He apparently believes that what he said is true since he helped draft and implement the policy, and he will not sacrifice his personal integrity by creating an untruth (at least to him).

Hopefully, Dr. Savoie will navigate through the problem that Dr. Authement created with the compromise 14 years ago, and the results will be favorable for the university and athletics.

I hope we hear from Dr. Savoie soon.

Claire Taylor just doesn't get it. In my last e-mail to her I pointed out that their error reinforced our argument for using Louisiana to avoid being mistakenly called things like "University of Lafayette". Completely ignoring that she simply replied:

"An editor rewrote the first paragraph and inadvertently made the error."

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I was wondering why they have not interviewed Dr. Savoie yet. It would seem to me that he would be the go to person in this situation.
    Its a fake story, nothing to be interviewed about.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    According to The Daily Adverstiser, A Gannet Newspaper @ Lafayette, Louisiana, they have attempted to contact him for his side, but he has "refused" to comment.
    After the way they treated Dr. A I can't say I blame him.

Why don't they contact/interview our SID? He's the one with official answers.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Claire Taylor just doesn't get it. In my last e-mail to her I pointed out that their error reinforced our argument for using Louisiana to avoid being mistakenly called things like "University of Lafayette". Completely ignoring that she simply replied:

"An editor rewrote the first paragraph and inadvertently made the error."
    After a false headline earlier in the week (admitted) and the ever present nature of the topic this week and the miopic focus of her story, inadvertant is impossible.

I still can't believe they used UL Lafayette in the headline.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Here is Claire's lame response to my e-mail this morning and my subsequent retort. She just doesn't seem to get it.

On Oct 26, 2013, at 9:36 AM, "Taylor, Claire" wrote:

It was simply an error. You should be able to see how many references to "university of" are in that story. We should have edited better.

Sent from my iPhone

My response:

It's would seem that getting the name of your alma mater wrong in a story specifically about a controversy surrounding the name can't be dismissed as a simple error. In fact, that "simple error" highlights the reason we want to be referred to as Louisiana and UL especially for athletics. Those "simple errors" has resulted in ESPN and other media outlets repeatedly using the logo and mascot of Lafayette College in Easton, PA when referring to the Cajuns.

Sent from my iPad

I also e-mailed T-Joe pointing out this article, it's inaccuracies with the name as well as the comments from former UL officials who are not helping the cause. I urged him to respond to offset these comments from old fossils like Callier whose time has passed them by.
    Hammer you should have looked after you Rigs better. one just blew up killing 12 people We know it was a simple error.try to do better next time.

sheesh.

Z

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yep View Post
    Why don't they contact/interview our SID? He's the one with official answers.
    Nothing to answer, We Are Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    After a false headline earlier in the week (admitted) and the ever present nature of the topic this week and the miopic focus of her story, inadvertant is impossible.

I still can't believe they used UL Lafayette in the headline.
    Turbine.they are setting us up for the Sunday editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Hammer you should have looked after you Rigs better. one just blew up killing 12 people We know it was a simple error.try to do better next time.

sheesh.

Z
    A foreman rewrote my job procedure before executing the work and inadvertently left out the paragraph about not blowing up the rig.

Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst . 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 . LastLast

Thread Information