Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    Recognition?.let's be honest.ULM's season last yr doubled any national recognition the Cajuns ever had.like it or not.here is the logic for you.2 winning seasons and bowls don't make you the best in SBC.Cajuns should succeed with funding and enrollment the economy and other factors are better here.no crusading here.just really can't stand to see the same fans I was with as an undergrad try to be superior.I'm hoping for good things in lafayette.let's just hope the winning continues we all know cajun field was empty on Saturdays not long ago.
    Yeah, I'll call you out on this one too. I have no problem with you arguing here since you've done it , so far, with class and I have no problem with that. However, to say that ULM's season last year doubled any recognition we've had is nonsense. Yes, you did get some props from the national media on the win versus Arkansas and near win against Auburn but this was when people thought those teams would be decent. That public love quickly went bye bye when Arkansas and Auburn both combined to equal a wet turd on the field. Nobody was screaming your name and nobody was excited to watch you in a bowl. To only come out and completely fall flat on your face in said bowl only reassured people that your season was not as sacred and special as you thought. The national exposure from said season was so great that ESPN (mothership) wanted to put you on TV how many times this year in primetime? I forgot, they chose to put UL's Ragin Cajuns on instead.I guess that recognition went a long way. Recognition only means anything if you follow up on it.

Default Re: Foote Show

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That's what we all do and have been doing, regardless of winning or not. Kyle talks a big game, but he has very little to back that up besides money. You forget he was about to not renew his tickets earlier cause something wasn't to his liking. This guy is full of hot air and is about as loyal as a fungi. Kyle doesn't get it and will never get it. Please don't put this guy on a pedestal as the voice of our fan base.we are better than that.
    I didn't put him on a "pedestal". All I said was that, in my opinion, Kyle does get it from the standpoint that too many in our fanbase still seem to spend too much time whining about how LSU or someone else treats us "unfair". I can guaran-damn-tee that the face of our culture change for football, Mark Hudspeth, doesn't complain to people about LSU holding him or the football program down. He goes about his business to do his job and put a winning team on the field regardless of any outside forces.

Hey, let's cut Cajunwaaaaaahoax some slack. It's got to suck being a Hoax fan. It has to really suck being a a Hoax fan in Lafayette having to watch UL winning, growing and advancing while the Waaaaaaaaahoax arewell, the Hoax.

They picked Cajuns for both espn games for 2nd year in a row

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They picked Cajuns for both espn games for 2nd year in a row
    And unless something changes, they will again next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I didn't put him on a "pedestal". All I said was that, in my opinion, Kyle does get it from the standpoint that too many in our fanbase still seem to spend too much time whining about how LSU or someone else treats us "unfair". I can guaran-damn-tee that the face of our culture change for football, Mark Hudspeth, doesn't complain to people about LSU holding him or the football program down. He goes about his business to do his job and put a winning team on the field regardless of any outside forces.
    No no no.Kyle blinds himself to what LSU has done to keep us down in the past to keep his backdoor TAF membership open so he can slink back over there if things get rough. He doesn't get it.in fact he forces himself not to get it to keep his options open. I can guaran-damn-tee Hud isn't stupid or ignorant enough to ignore what this fan base has gone through at the hands of those purple devils to the east. He knows all too well what they are capable of.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Give the guy a break.he graduated from UTA.
    Considering that he was active in politics in 1984 allegedly representing this area, it's no wonder we lost the name battle with "support" from him.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Considering that he was active in politics in 1984 allegedly representing this area, it's no wonder we lost the name battle with "support" from him.
    It all makes sense now.

Default Foote's article today

Is on point. I can't post the link from my phone because I refuse to subscribe to that paper and don't care enough to clear the cookies from my browser.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I'm taking this at face value and based on the dates cited, but if this comment really is from Raymond Lalond it's no wonder this state us so ____ed up with politicians like him.

"Raymond LaLa Lalonde
    I graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington, a fine engineering and liberal art university. We have always referred to it as UTA or UT Arlington. UT Austin was the original University of Texas and is usually referred to as UT or University of Texas, without having to specify the location of the campus. I would prefer to stick with UL Lafayette or perhaps shorten it to U LaLa. BTW, I started at SLI in 1958.
    Yesterday at 2:33pm"

".shorten it to U LaLa" ? What a ____ing moron.
    If his nickname was Raymond "Louisiana" Lalonde, his answer would flip.

U LaLa.Who in their right mind would choose this as an abbreviation for their university and not incite laughter when saying it or hearing others say itMan lost his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    You don't have a phone????
    Not at the time.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    U LaLa.Who in their right mind would choose this as an abbreviation for their university and not incite laughter when saying it or hearing others say itMan lost his mind.
    A man named LaLa

His nickname was La La. Maybe a joke just like his political career.

Default Re: UL name issue out of hand

Good read. Gracias

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread Information