Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.
    Actually, officially , the University does go by University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Somebody kicked the Lafayette off the gates. Nobody knows who did it. But hundreds have claimed responsibility.
    lmfao.one of the few crimes where practically everyone wants to claim responsibility

3. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    I may or may not have let my hand brush up against one of the loose brass letters back when I was a student. Depending on what kind of legal penalty ULM and LSU want to attach to that action via legislative orders, I may or may not publicly own up to it.
    ---upon passing the intersection with my wife --I pointed it out and it was in the process of being DE-lettered!!!

Tabby should just deal with it.

5. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    You're hilariousplease tell just how bad Tech's situation is. It's ok to talk Sh$t, we all do, but let's hear some facts.
    ----OK-we will start with a 5% drop in enrollment over the last 2 years--an endowment of very little that is not growing----A football program that has hit almost rock bottom---a coach not wanted that you can't shed---A 3 year delay in starting an end zone project---An economy that is struggling---a non-favorable demographic outlook for the area---a school down the block that can beat you--- a decrease if that was possible in attendance----lower than expected CUSA revenue---A recruiting nightmare from the Bowl screw up last year---A Shreveport City that is still ______ed about that---shall I continue???

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My guess is most of you will like this.

My guess is you'll be the only ones LOL

http://espn1420.com/in-athletics-caj.he-birds-nest/
    .and that, in a nutshell, is why I love Jaybird Walker--the ornery bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    lmfao.one of the few crimes where practically everyone wants to claim responsibility
    And that's because their is no crime being committed! LOL. but we all know that.

Have we come full circle yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---upon passing the intersection with my wife --I pointed it out and it was in the process of being DE-lettered!!!
    I must have been right behind you because I saw a student lean against the containing wall with his back heel against the Lafayette. I didn't think it looked malicious. Sid Let me know if ya need me to testify. We know some judges in this state have no honor so we should all stick together.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

I think the 1985 case should be retried! After all, the vote was 17-1 in favor of the name change from USL to UL! The same committee voted, that voted to change LSUNO to UNO! Then a short time later NLU and MSU representatives and LSU filed suit against UL to make them change their name back to USL. The Judge that oversaw the case IS a LSU graduate and would NOT recuse himself from this case that LSU, McNeese and Northeastern all wanted. We had a good man but NOT the best lawyer to represent UL, Nelson Shex. our former AD. Our backwards state is maybe the only state that does not have a University of "said state"! Tulane used to be the University of Louisiana and DOES NOT want the name even today. So IF we as a state once had a UL why not NOW. Is almighty LSU worried, what! If they think it is going to do this great thing for us the and they would not be able to overcome UL, then maybe they should be UL and we would be LSU. Oh, hell to the NO!!!

Lets Hire a Big time Lawyer and have this case retried, and let ULM go back to being NLU!! Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    Recognition?.let's be honest.ULM's season last yr doubled any national recognition the Cajuns ever had.like it or not.here is the logic for you.2 winning seasons and bowls don't make you the best in SBC.Cajuns should succeed with funding and enrollment the economy and other factors are better here.no crusading here.just really can't stand to see the same fans I was with as an undergrad try to be superior.I'm hoping for good things in lafayette.let's just hope the winning continues we all know cajun field was empty on Saturdays not long ago.
    2 winning seasons and two bowl wins make us the best. Who else can claim that. Not moanroe. WKU/Arky State, maybe. We just destroyed them both on national television. Sorry if you couldn't come back here and feel superior. 5 straight losses to LOUISIANA must really bring y'all down. Haha

11. Default UL students: What name controversy?

Several students interviewed this afternoon at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette don’t know about or don’t care about the current controversy over what the football team should be called.

The (Monroe) News-Star published a story this week chastising UL Lafayette’s athletics department for encouraging sports journalists to call the university Louisiana.

12. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Then ULL shouldn't be bothered by it either right?.ULM is sticking to the acronym as much as possible
    LM rolls off the tongue with a hint of finality, LL does not.

13. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    . The Judge that oversaw the case IS a LSU graduate and would NOT recuse himself from this case that LSU, McNeese and Northeastern all wanted. We had a good man but NOT the best lawyer to represent UL, Nelson Shex. our former AD.
    That simple request at the time would have made all the difference in the world. He was not asked to recuse himself.

Then ULL shouldn't be bothered by it either right?.ULM is sticking to the acronym as much as possible
    ULM from your presidents MOUTH, is the chosen brand along with War Hawks that your University is going with! UL has NEVER claimed to be called or wanted to be called ULL, Lafayette, LA-Lafayette, etc. Northeastern chose to become ULM so it could get into the sunbelt, USL chose 15 years prior and won the vote 17-1 in the legislature to be called UL or Louisiana changing its name to University of Louisiana that Tulane once held and does not want. LSUNO changed its name the same way to UNO, only NO ONE brought them to court after like NLU, McNeese and LSU did to USL(UL)! And if that wasnt bad enough LSU had one of their ethical Alumni NOT recuse himself from the case as the JUDGE!!!

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That simple request at the time would have made all the difference in the world. He was not asked to recuse himself.
    I want some lawyer types to chime in on IF this case back in 1985 can be retried! What do you think, Turbine? I would certainly start a fund to pay a REALLY big time Lawyer to Represent UL in the 80's Case to change USL's name!

Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread Information