Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I think Kyle does get it. What he's trying to get across is that instead of whining about how we're not where we want to be because of somebody else being "unfair" to us, to actually do something about it. Buy your season tickets. Help promote and support Cajun athletics. Get friends to the games, meets and matches to increase revenues.

Watch Rocky's speech in the streets to his son on You Tube, the clip from the last Rocky movie. That's how some of us feel about the situation. Instead of constantly complaining about someone else mistreating us, get out there and prove we should be Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and give others in the state a reason to be proud to have the state's name associated with our brand.
    That's what we all do and have been doing, regardless of winning or not. Kyle talks a big game, but he has very little to back that up besides money. You forget he was about to not renew his tickets earlier cause something wasn't to his liking. This guy is full of hot air and is about as loyal as a fungi. Kyle doesn't get it and will never get it. Please don't put this guy on a pedestal as the voice of our fan base.we are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    1. I said I have no issue with what was written. And, I don't. First amendment gives her the right to say what she did. And, again, it wasn't an editorial piece.

2. You will NEVER see me publicly rip a professional colleague. To do so would be to make it personal. And, this isn't personal to me.
    Good piece AND good show today, Jay!! I was the one who emailed you about Bill Decker today. I can respect why you didn't call him out by name. My issue was the fact that he--as an editor working for the local paper which "supports" UL--took it upon himself for whatever personal reasons to undermine and to some extent embarrass UL AND it's supporters. I also find it interesting that the UL articles have different headlines on the website as opposed to the print edition, with the online ones being VERY inflammatory. Makes me think there is a hidden agenda with Gannett! jmo

Jay THANK YOU for ALL you do to promote UL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Overall, my favorite Kyle call. Far and away, the best 10 minutes of Foote Notes I've had the opportunity to hear. But the hilarity of a man that calls himself Texas Mike to call in and say "the university is breaking the law" and "it's all about academics and they aren't allowed to change the name" while proclaiming "I'm the biggest Cajun fan there is. I'm wearing a Cajuns hat and jacket right now" was just fantastic.

I'll say this, listening to the local guys today has made it abundantly clear how much ignorance and misinformation is out there about this issue. And to be fair, a lot of the folks that don't get it, just don't WANT to get it.

Looking forward to BEV.
    You are talking about two DIFFERENT calls and callers. The man wearing the Cajun hat and jacket is my best friend and is NOT "Texas Mike." He is a HUGE UL softball supporter who sat next to T-Joe at a game yesterday, and Savoie brought up the name issue, saying that he's been bombarded since Tuesday night. Joe made the comment to him that academics, as well as athletics would GREATLY benefit from dropping the "Lafayette" designations.i.e.faculty and $$$$!!

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

How about for the game against Monroe or the game on espnu against Troy we change our helmet decal to "Louisiana "

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    You're hilariousplease tell just how bad Tech's situation is. It's ok to talk Sh$t, we all do, but let's hear some facts.
    Well for one thing you're one of the worst football teams in the nation in the worst football conference in America. In fact the only Sun Belt team ranked lower than you is Georgia State. I'd say y'all are having some problems at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun23 View Post
    Best thing ive ever bought!!!! Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I bought one of these too from LA Hot Stuff. But I think it says "Alumni" at the top. Either way, I like the "illegal" name at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad00 View Post
    How about for the game against Monroe or the game on espnu against Troy we change our helmet decal to "Louisiana "
    I suggested that earlier. As Hud said about the helmet decal and branding, every time they show a close up of the QB before the snap the decal is front and center on national TV.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Somebody kicked the Lafayette off the gates. Nobody knows who did it. But hundreds have claimed responsibility.
    I may or may not have let my hand brush up against one of the loose brass letters back when I was a student. Depending on what kind of legal penalty ULM and LSU want to attach to that action via legislative orders, I may or may not publicly own up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Your ulm could not feed YOUR team in between semesters for the only bowl ya ll will ever play in Period. Secondly, why don't you call out your local community for not supporting THEIR university by attending games and donations. Thirdly, ulm's in a financial crisis and they cant even afford to division 1 status. Why not call out the university for failed attempts at D1 when ya ll can save money by joining the southland conference? IS EDUCATIONAL MERITS even a concern for you? Think of the money ulm could divert to ACADEMICS , which as everyone knows, is ranked pathetically . I can see why Tech wants nothing to do with yall as ulm is an embarrassment to all higher education.
    Is education a concern here?.come on no one cares.and last time I checked my degree from ULM has served its purpose and so did my wife's PharmD.you are the problem with the name thing.there is no sister school or satelite campus in Monroe.I get this is an open forum but use some sense when typing.

cajunwarhawks, why don't you try that tired/old "no sister school/satellite campus" argument with the Longhorns and the Volunteers, neither of whom use the city tag. Neither does the rest of the nation use their city tags. And since I don't see you crusading to have those two schools legislatively ordered to have the city tag mandated in their name, I know you couldn't possibly care less about city tags, legality, etc.

All YOU care about is that you don't want our university to get the recognition that it is going to get. You are insecure, you don't want to share the spotlight, and you are worried because we are on the up and up and well, ULM is not. If you and every other ULMer, LSUer, and whoever else uses the tired, flawed logic y'all use can come up with an argument that's actually good and makes sense, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    Is education a concern here?.come on no one cares.and last time I checked my degree from ULM has served its purpose and so did my wife's PharmD.you are the problem with the name thing.there is no sister school or satelite campus in Monroe.I get this is an open forum but use some sense when typing.
    Is UCLA, which is Cal Los Angeles, a satellite of Cal (officially Cal Berkeley), or is UNLV a satellite of Nevada (officially Nevada Reno)? You need to quit worrying about that. You are not a satellite, so don't worry about it. It doesn't seem to bother UCLA or UNLV, so why should it bother ULM?

Recognition?.let's be honest.ULM's season last yr doubled any national recognition the Cajuns ever had.like it or not.here is the logic for you.2 winning seasons and bowls don't make you the best in SBC.Cajuns should succeed with funding and enrollment the economy and other factors are better here.no crusading here.just really can't stand to see the same fans I was with as an undergrad try to be superior.I'm hoping for good things in lafayette.let's just hope the winning continues we all know cajun field was empty on Saturdays not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is UCLA, which is Cal Los Angeles, a satellite of Cal (officially Cal Berkeley), or is UNLV a satellite of Nevada (officially Nevada Reno)? You need to quit worrying about that. You are not a satellite, so don't worry about it. It doesn't seem to bother UCLA or UNLV, so why should it bother ULM?
    Then ULL shouldn't be bothered by it either right?.ULM is sticking to the acronym as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    let's just hope the winning continues we all know cajun field was empty on Saturdays not long ago.
    But never as empty as in Monroe!!!!

Haha.unfortunately you are prob almost right.but I do remember some empty Cajuns games growing up.let's all hope that never happens again.

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 . LastLast

Thread Information