Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    They also have at least 2 in the BR area that I know of.
    Can you get a photo to send to Claire Taylor and Chris Cox? It would help to further destroy Tabby's credibility, as well as that of all the other haters, in case they do any further reporting on this issue.

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.
    What's the matter, your GPS broken? You forgot where you were and needed those gates to clue you in? Just the fact that you had a decent po-boy, could buy a real beer and drink it in public without some holy roller giving you the stink eye should have made it obvious you weren't in Ruston.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    We didn't bring this up and "rub it in anyone's face". We just tried to correct a sportscaster who uses acronyms the University doesn't want. If we don't do that we will continue to be pelted with the 3 letter curse as well as being referred to as "Lafayette". And you can bet your bottom dollar that left unchallenged that would have caught on and we would be known as "Lafayette".
    Correcting a sportscaster is how all this craziness started. For sports, Louisiana Ragin Cajuns". There is only one place in the world where these people can be found. That is me and you. All else, get your name.
    That's exactly how this craziness started. "Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns". 3 words. That is all we asked to be called or any combination there of, for athletic event.

Again, we didn't start this local ____ing contest. Tabby and the Waaaaaahhhhhhoax, egged on by Nechsters, started this crap.

Well Tabby, I know you read this so takes notes you second rate irrelevant blow hard. First, you take the time to chastise us for breaking the law? Why don't you use your so called "journalist savvy" to expose the atrocities occurring in your own backyard? Your ulm could not feed YOUR team in between semesters for the only bowl ya ll will ever play in Period. Secondly, why don't you call out your local community for not supporting THEIR university by attending games and donations. Thirdly, ulm's in a financial crisis and they cant even afford to division 1 status. Why not call out the university for failed attempts at D1 when ya ll can save money by joining the southland conference? IS EDUCATIONAL MERITS even a concern for you? Think of the money ulm could divert to ACADEMICS , which as everyone knows, is ranked pathetically . I can see why Tech wants nothing to do with yall as ulm is an embarrassment to all higher education. CONGRATS ON BEING A WRITER FOR SOMETHING SO SAD and irrelevant. Keep up with your "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story". P.S. I hope HUD goes for 2 points with a 60 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Teck doesn't realize just how bad their situation is. But their antennae are obviously twitching.

They're looking at athletics and feeling nervous. They should be looking at academics, research, campus development, donations, politics, and enrollment.

Whether Hud stays or not, whether athletics succeeds or not, over the next five years UL is going to leave Teck so far in our rearview mirror they'll never catch up.
    You're hilariousplease tell just how bad Tech's situation is. It's ok to talk Sh$t, we all do, but let's hear some facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know for a fact the brass letters were put back at least 5 times, and probably had to be special ordered each time.

They must have gone through the brass letter budget.
    If anyone looks at the gates, here in Lafayette, Louisiana, no need to tell them they are in Lafayette. Total waste of money. I just don't get it when the talking media heads, located in Lafayette, use ULL or add the Lafayette. I'm not stupid, I know where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My guess is most of you will like this.

My guess is you'll be the only ones LOL

http://espn1420.com/in-athletics-caj.he-birds-nest/
    Caught the first 15 min of your show. Agree 100% of everything you said. Congrats on being the first person to call us Louisisna for an athletic contest. Memorable moment that will be recorded in our history. This whole craziness started because a Bristol sportscaster could not call us be our athletic name, Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Thus is the only place in the world where you can find Cajuns (except those that are relocated).

Great piece. ULM often pretends to be a victim when they did their best to be known simply as Louisiana and failed.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Bravo jay, a great example of simple fact based writing

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Jindal has been a big disappointment. His saving grace was that on Election Day he did look like a conservative in comparison to his democrat opponent.
    you are so right on! and one more time, we fall for style over substance.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    you are so right on! and one more time, we fall for style over substance.
    Well it wasn't just style. He was more conservative in reality but that doesn't say as much about him as it does his opponent.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Happy Friday Eve guysCongrats on a great season thus far. Cajuns lookin salty! This name change ____ is getting out of hand. This wouldn't be an issue if the powers at be in the 90's had just left the USL name alone. What was the reason for the change along w/ Northeast? Y'all should just change back to USL & call yourselves the U of South Louisiana. Sounds great, no confusing double names.
    Please attend to the faux pas that Techmutt xxi's handlers can't seem to wear appropriate gear & let us worry about winning football games

I did it, I stole the Lafayette portion of the sign, brought it back here to North Carolina.Melted it down, used a mold injection to turn the liquid iron into something that looked like a block of candy, sent back to UL in care of the Cajun offensive line.they snack on em before game time! I understand a few of the D guys settle in for some iron intake as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Nice write-up.
    Very well done, Jay.

15. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Tech separation= turning down bowl games and delaying project by three years
    ----Well that shovel ready project was another of the many lies that LTUR submitted to get into their conference---Actual budget---projected budget----LSU Med school in Shreveport take over---TV area assigned----attendance---enrollment---endowment----these are the things that are now so evident!!!!

Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information