Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst . 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Foote Show

I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion today.

2. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Good piece Jay.

Nechster, it STILL doesn't affect you at all. Some kids have pride and have joined the fight. Take it up with them.

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Best thing ive ever bought!!!! Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion today.
    I imagined you'd be spending a moment or two on it

1. I said I have no issue with what was written. And, I don't. First amendment gives her the right to say what she did. And, again, it wasn't an editorial piece.

2. You will NEVER see me publicly rip a professional colleague. To do so would be to make it personal. And, this isn't personal to me.

6. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.
    I know for a fact the brass letters were put back at least 5 times, and probably had to be special ordered each time.

They must have gone through the brass letter budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Overall, my favorite Kyle call. Far and away, the best 10 minutes of Foote Notes I've had the opportunity to hear. But the hilarity of a man that calls himself Texas Mike to call in and say "the university is breaking the law" and "it's all about academics and they aren't allowed to change the name" while proclaiming "I'm the biggest Cajun fan there is. I'm wearing a Cajuns hat and jacket right now" was just fantastic.

I'll say this, listening to the local guys today has made it abundantly clear how much ignorance and misinformation is out there about this issue. And to be fair, a lot of the folks that don't get it, just don't WANT to get it.

Looking forward to BEV.
    Texas Mike makes me tune out momentarily while I wait for him to get off of the phone. Guy needs to start his own podcast and follow it himself in order to spare us of his calls.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.
    You have a gripe? Do something about it. If not, Please. You guys are acting like _______ worse than the Monroe guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet he is McNeese graduate with season tickets at LSU!!!
    legend wait for it ary!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    Vandalism. Can't stop that.
    Haha! I knowbest of luck w/ the rest of the Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    1. I said I have no issue with what was written. And, I don't. First amendment gives her the right to say what she did. And, again, it wasn't an editorial piece.

2. You will NEVER see me publicly rip a professional colleague. To do so would be to make it personal. And, this isn't personal to me.
    Jay,

Do you plan to have that rocket surgeon, Tabby on your show?

Somebody kicked the Lafayette off the gates. Nobody knows who did it. But hundreds have claimed responsibility.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Jay's article needs to be placed in all of the publications interested in the reality of the situation. Jay doesn't have a problem with his media colleagues, but I do. They intentionally either obliterated the facts, or they are so incompetent at writing anything truthful. or even interesting for that matter. that they should be, at the very least, chastised for it.

I expect nonsense to come out of fan forums. and that includes ours. But to have these so-called professionals and their editors pump out these quarter baked piles of nonsense is beyond acceptable. The only thing that a state legislature ought to get involved in is questioning what our universities have created in modern day Jounalism and Broadcast and Communications.

I'm an engineer by degree and I can think and write exponentially better than these twerps. I'm so unimpressed with these people it disgusts me. These are what young people that go to college aspire to be?

In my profession, if I were to write a technical article for publication. I'd at least get the fundamental 5 base facts straight. These pathetic writers (and their editors) don't care one bit about accuracy. All they seem to care about is stirring the pot like a drive-by mudslinger on a fan forum.

If this continues. I can assure you some people with some stroke are going to put these people in a world of hurt. There are a few remaining people in this world that are smart and powerful enough to cut a dead branch off of the tree before the whole tree dies. I can assure you of that. If you do not want to be that dead branch, you had better do your job better.

14. Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    +1 Read beyond the headline,Hammer
    In today's media run by mostly unprofessional and undedicated to their craft types, the only thing that matters is the headline being controversial and generating "clicks". Headline can be completely opposite of the points in the actual article, that's just fine in today's media. Just make sure the headline gets a lot of hits, makes people want to know wtf is this about!?!?

Probably The university of Louisiana @ Monroe fan

Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst . 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 . LastLast

Thread Information