Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Why did y'all change from Louisiana Polytechnical?
    If you were serious, I'd give you an explanation. LaPoly just doesn't have the same ring to it ; )

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My guess is most of you will like this.

My guess is you'll be the only ones LOL

http://espn1420.com/in-athletics-caj.he-birds-nest/
    I can already hear the whining. Fk em Jaybird.

Z

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    That the sid of the school 50 miles east answered questions shows that they do care about us, even when they always say they don't care!! He said "whatever the Cajuns call themselves, may not affect lsu as the state's flagship university", but trust me they are taking notice!!!
    You'd think he would be more concerned about the police blotter this AM.lol.

And as far as the Advertiser, my bird only poops on the very best, so that eliminates TDA.

Yup, thanks JAY!!!!!! We just need to keep our current course and simply provide tissues for the cry babies who don't like or UNDERSTAND IT.

Nice write-up.

6. Default Re: Foote Show

Overall, my favorite Kyle call. Far and away, the best 10 minutes of Foote Notes I've had the opportunity to hear. But the hilarity of a man that calls himself Texas Mike to call in and say "the university is breaking the law" and "it's all about academics and they aren't allowed to change the name" while proclaiming "I'm the biggest Cajun fan there is. I'm wearing a Cajuns hat and jacket right now" was just fantastic.

I'll say this, listening to the local guys today has made it abundantly clear how much ignorance and misinformation is out there about this issue. And to be fair, a lot of the folks that don't get it, just don't WANT to get it.

Looking forward to BEV.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

(It should be noted that both Buckley and Soignier, in addition to being professional colleagues, are also personal friends of mine. I, neither professionally or personally, have any issue with the articles that were written.)
    Not sure why you're not taking issue with Tabby Soignier, since she DIRECTLY accused us of doing something ILLEGAL!!

Well said.

All anyone needs to know.

The official name of our school is The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
    We never said it wasn't and are not trying to change that.
    Our athletic "Nickname" is Louisiana Ragin Cajuns!

That's it. Plain and simple.

Sure, whateverbut y'all don't actually go by UL- Laffy for academics either. Last time I was down enjoying the best PoBoy on the planet, I noticed that the gates say University of Louisiana.no Lafayette. It looked liked there was a space for that but only small holes.

Vandalism. Can't stop that.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Foote Show

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Did Jay chime in yesterday?
    Jay was on with Brandon and Pike yesterday. Not a forceful as some might have wished, but Jay has professional relationships with some of the parties involved. Trust me, he clearly got his point across. Props to him.

Z

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    They will be hearing "Another LOUISIANA First Down!" quite alot in Cajun Field Nov. 30.
    Maybe coach Hud will break out the "make em say your name" pregame speech. That happens to be one of my favorites. I hope we set all kind of records that night.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My guess is most of you will like this.

My guess is you'll be the only ones LOL

http://espn1420.com/in-athletics-caj.he-birds-nest/
    Thanks Jay.

There is only one athletic team named "LOUISIANA"
    There is only one athletic team named "ULM"

It works.

Yes we could fix it but how long do you think it would be before it was gone again.
    I'd rather put the money to better use.

15. Default Re: My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

gout . . . shingles . . . psoriasis

LOL

Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information