Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Foote Show

Kyle also pointed out that Hud put himself out there when he first got here saying we have to change this schools culture and make this a program to be proud of and how outsiders had no faith bc of our history. Our leadership should take a page out of Hud's book by putting themselves on the front line and fight was his main point. Good stuff Kyle!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I'll leave that to you and your buddies.

Tabby and I have an agreement we don't talk about the name issue.

My admiration for Tabby and how she's handled her health issues surpasses even the name issue.
    It doesn't look like Tabby is playing by the rules of your agreement then

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Surviving cancer doesn't give someone a pass to be a lying ________. Lance Armstrong survived cancer and did so many great things for the cause But he is still a cheater

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    How about we legally change our name to University of Louisiana and the System goes back to being the Board of Trustees? That way you don't have to worry about us being perceived as the "flagship" of the system and the reverse holds true for Tech. Keep in mind in our original quest for the name we did not ask for the a Board's name to be changed. And, unlike your administration, ours never proclaimed to be or aspired to be the "flagship".
    Great answer, and i concur. I think most tech fans objection is the simple fact of the university and the system having the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    "Hypothetically" if your university had shown the leadership our university did to move this issue along we may very well be having this argument right now. But I think it's very obvious your university would rather be followers than leaders. Thus, the "hypothetical" is not what is happening. Get on board puppy, the train has left the station.
    The train may have left but the track is an oval. You'll end up right back where you started.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Interesting hypothetical. At first glance, I wouldn't like it. But, at the same time, if flagship status wasn't conferred on La Tech. I'm not sure I would really care. The system does neither one of us either favors.
    Another great response. It wouldn't even have to be the LTU System, just change names so hierarchy is inferred.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke dawg View Post
    Great answer, and i concur. I think most tech fans objection is the simple fact of the university and the system having the same name.
    And we had nothing to do with that. All of this talk from Tech, mcneese and ulm fans about UL wanting to be the flagship of the system is bull____. We have posted links to stories quoting officials from both Tech and UNO claiming to be or desiring to be a flagship. I challenge you to find such quotes from Dr. Savoie or any UL official.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

AND THIS IS THE REASON IM DROPPING MY SUBSCRIPTION AND ARE ENCOURAGING EVERYONE ELSE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Been trading emails with Stevie P this morning. He was FLOORED by Decker's crap!! He told me that Jay is writing a response to it for KPEL's website today. I expect it MAY be a topic of conversation this afternoon.

The advertiser has lost all credibility With our success on the field they chose to slap us in the face To hell with them. I guess forces out there hate it when we start getting to much good attention and they simply try to derail our accomplishments.

I know it's not realistic, but wouldn't it be interesting to limit/eliminate access to the DA reporters for all university activities while asking the Advocate to be their primary press outlet.

Well brethren, do not in any way support the daily advertiser We have come along way and we DO NOT need to give and support to a paper who has obviously chosen to turn their backs on us. Im going take a dump and plan on wiping my butt with that so called editorial.

13. Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I know it's not realistic, but wouldn't it be interesting to limit/eliminate access to the DA reporters for all university activities while asking the Advocate to be their primary press outlet.
    The Advocate is worse than the Advertiser.

Just keep winning and everything will be fine.

Default My blog on the name issue - From the Bird's Nest

My guess is most of you will like this.

My guess is you'll be the only ones LOL

http://espn1420.com/in-athletics-caj.he-birds-nest/

Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread Information