Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Foote Show

I agree with Kyle and Foote. Normally I agree with Kyle. Foote...seems like a nice guy, but his constant negative outlooks makes it not possible to listen long enough to determine if I usually agree with him or not.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

New article today in the Shreveport Times written by the Queen B herself....

ULL practice of dropping 'Lafayette' violates state law
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...S02/310240004/

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Kyle said that the football success will help us become the University of Louisiana. Foote's main point is that the effort to drop the city tag is simply us trying to better ourselves and improve our brand. It is just like when Tech went to the WAC as they believed this would help them. He understands ULM trying to stop us as they believe that helps them better themselves. Finally, he cannot understand why folks fromother schools like LSU even care about this as it does not affect them. Lots of emotion but not much new being said.
    Yeah, pretty much this.

But it was the emotion that got me.

The Advertiser has historically been pretty non-existent and even useless when it comes to the Cajusn.

To hear Foote, who has been pretty detached from the program, go off like he did was really refreshing.

His argument was pretty matter-of-fact and the only rebuttal to it can be "I don't care what the facts are, SLI should know its place."

You have to give somebody his props when its due.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Here is my question and this may have been covered in the other bazillion threads regarding our name...If it is illigal for us to use UL or University of Louisiana, what is the penalty or violation?? Is it a monitary fine? Will T-Joe be thrown in jail? Will we lose scholorships or bowl games? Will the university get a cease and disist?? NOV's??? Death Penalty?? House arrest? Community service?? Dunce caps??

I kid obviously but seriously does anyone know??
    There is no penalty written into the law

Happy Friday Eve guys....Congrats on a great season thus far. Cajuns lookin salty! This name change ____ is getting out of hand. This wouldn't be an issue if the powers at be in the 90's had just left the USL name alone. What was the reason for the change along w/ Northeast? Y'all should just change back to USL & call yourselves the U of South Louisiana. Sounds great, no confusing double names.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Listening to Foote on KPEL in a MAJOR rant about the name issue. He's basically telling ULM that they SHOULD be fighting us on the name. The BIG thing that burns me up is he's stated that ALL the _____ has been coming from Monroe and has YET to acknowledge that HIS paper is fueling the fire AGAINST us!!! >
    I just wish that he would talk more about the skull dragging that the cajuns just put on instead of this...and ULM should be talking about trying to right the ship and get to .500...this is getting to be a crazy issue thats taking up a lot of attention

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    New article today in the Shreveport Times written by the Queen B herself....

ULL practice of dropping 'Lafayette' violates state law
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...S02/310240004/
    Quote from Tom Morris (LaTech fan) is kind of embarrassing:

"ULL or any other school in the ULS system is not even equal to LSU in this state and a name change would imply that.”

What does claiming to be the flagship of the north imply?

A very simple and straight forward question: On April 17, 1984 it was voted by a margin of 17-1 to change the name from "University of Southwest Louisiana" to "university of Louisiana". That same year the diploma's read "University of Louisiana". On May 22, 1984 some P-OFF usla&m alumni and district judge Brown (alumni) decided to take up the issue and have the name changed back to USL. The La. Supreme court refuse to take up the matter....Then the state legislators decided to have a law implemented that they would be the body to say what the names of our university could be....the law was after the facts....so how can they say to this university what you can be called.....mainly after the name had already been voted on and passed....am I making an sense here? How can you make a law years or even days later after something was voted on and passed legally?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Happy Friday Eve guys....Congrats on a great season thus far. Cajuns lookin salty! This name change ____ is getting out of hand. This wouldn't be an issue if the powers at be in the 90's had just left the USL name alone. What was the reason for the change along w/ Northeast? Y'all should just change back to USL & call yourselves the U of South Louisiana. Sounds great, no confusing double names.
    Seriously we should just know our place?????????? How about you change your name to Just Go ______ Yourself!

Enough of this crap of we should've known better.

#WeAreLouisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Quote from Tom Morris (LaTech fan) is kind of embarrassing:

"ULL or any other school in the ULS system is not even equal to LSU in this state and a name change would imply that."

What does claiming to be the flagship of the north imply?
    Wellllll....Louisiana Tech is not even equal to Texas Tech, Virginia Tech or Georgia Tech and their name implies that so they should change it back to whatever it was before.

This is the dumbest, most insecure reason for _____ing about us using Louisiana.

Did Jay chime in yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Seriously we should just know our place?????????? How about you change your name to Just Go ______ Yourself!

Enough of this crap of we should've known better.

#WeAreLouisiana
    LoL bro. You sir are WAAaaay too uptight & need to chill the ____ out. I never said y'all should know your place. I also didn't blame y'all for the name change, just curious the reason why it happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    A very simple and straight forward question: On April 17, 1984 it was voted by a margin of 17-1 to change the name from "University of Southwest Louisiana" to "university of Louisiana". That same year the diploma's read "University of Louisiana". On May 22, 1984 some P-OFF usla&m alumni and district judge Brown (alumni) decided to take up the issue and have the name changed back to USL. The La. Supreme court refuse to take up the matter....Then the state legislators decided to have a law implemented that they would be the body to say what the names of our university could be....the law was after the facts....so how can they say to this university what you can be called.....mainly after the name had already been voted on and passed....am I making an sense here? How can you make a law years or even days later after something was voted on and passed legally?
    I agree, thx for explanation. Had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    There is no penalty written into the law
    So a law without a penalty is basically etiquette or suggestions right?

Is it common to have "laws" without penalties?? Find that odd...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    LoL bro. You sir are WAAaaay too uptight & need to chill the ____ out. I never said y'all should know your place. I also didn't blame y'all for the name change, just curious the reason why it happened in the first place.
    Why did y'all change from Louisiana Polytechnical?

Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information