Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Here is my question and this may have been covered in the other bazillion threads regarding our name.If it is illigal for us to use UL or University of Louisiana, what is the penalty or violation?? Is it a monitary fine? Will T-Joe be thrown in jail? Will we lose scholorships or bowl games? Will the university get a cease and disist?? NOV's??? Death Penalty?? House arrest? Community service?? Dunce caps??

I kid obviously but seriously does anyone know??

Default Re: Foote Show

Going to need a good run-down of Foote's show for those of us unable to listen, as well as Kyle's input on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Someone PLEASE call in and question him on the Decker editorial!!!

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

I think that we are not pointing out the most important thing. The article read like it was written by a sixth grader, for the school paper. If you want to do a true editorial then tell the whole story. The story of how we followed the rules and changed our name and how the chicken-____s out east said "Oh ____!" "Somebody else wants to grow their University!" AND, if they want to be correct then only use our name " The University of Louisiana at Lafayette". If you want to use anything else then ask us AND use what we tell you to use. If I remember correctly, They started all that "Flagship Bull____eee!" after they saw that another University wanted to grow. Who is really responsible for all of this? And where is the editorial on those facts?
    Please correct me if I am wrong?

Man you should have heard Kyle. He went off. It has calmed down a bit now. I think this is going to get very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Man you should have heard Kyle. He went off. It has calmed down a bit now. I think this is going to get very entertaining.
    I only caught part of it, I was listening to Hud on Brando.
    The guy that was on after Kyle says, phrasing here, at least when we were USL everyone knew our name. That is not true Sports Illustrated kept calling us Southwest Louisiana. He also claimed MickyNesse would bring more fans than Southern.

These callers are idiots. "Be content with what you got" "we will never be LSU" "so terrible for so long" This is typical ideology of Mcneese, ULM, Nicholls, SLU, etc

Had the obligatory "I graduated from USL and wished we had kept that. Now they call us three or four names." He forgets all the Southwest Louisiana, SWLa, etc. Of course he really lost credibility with his follow up question "When will we play mcneese again? I wish we played every year."

What did Kyle have to say?

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Yes, Jay, get some rest.then call your little friend Tabby and tell her to Please.

Oh yea, and don't forget to tell her "Suck it, Hoax"

I'll leave that to you and your buddies.

Tabby and I have an agreement we don't talk about the name issue.

My admiration for Tabby and how she's handled her health issues surpasses even the name issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Had the obligatory "I graduated from USL and wished we had kept that. Now they call us three or four names." He forgets all the Southwest Louisiana, SWLa, etc. Of course he really lost credibility with his follow up question "When will we play mcneese again? I wish we played every year."
    I bet he is McNeese graduate with season tickets at LSU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hey basically said "UL is right. And he admonished the AD for not getting face time and pushing the issue." That's my Cliff Notes version

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    All kinds of stuff too numerous to mention but I could see the veins in his neck bulging out over the radio.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I'll leave that to you and your buddies.

Tabby and I have an agreement we don't talk about the name issue.

My admiration for Tabby and how she's handled her health issues surpasses even the name issue.
    So her health issues give her a pass on this? That's bull____, Jay. The two or not related.

Kyle said that the football success will help us become the University of Louisiana. Foote's main point is that the effort to drop the city tag is simply us trying to better ourselves and improve our brand. It is just like when Tech went to the WAC as they believed this would help them. He understands ULM trying to stop us as they believe that helps them better themselves. Finally, he cannot understand why folks fromother schools like LSU even care about this as it does not affect them. Lots of emotion but not much new being said.

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread Information