Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Even with the Acadiana delegation stepping up. Their numbers are few compared to the other schools in the ULS.
    What would it take to get other delegations' votes is the question? What can our delegates do to "scratch their backs"??

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Who is this tool "Decker"? I tell you dudes. Our Lafayette contingency doesn't have the balls we used to have. This guy would be dealt a set of cards his fat ___ could not possibly play.

This twerp writes this POS article in the Lafayette newspaper and the editor let's it go?!? Are you freaking kidding me? I smear better jounalism on toilet paper than this.

The DA needs to have their lights shut off in Lafayette, boys. That piece of crap called a newspaper is absolutely the worst. Good Lord!
    They stopped being a TRUE caring, local paper when they sold out to Gannett! It's gone from having the same publisher and editor for decades to a revolving door of people who couldn't give a $#IT any LESS about Lafayette!!

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Can I just say how awesome it is that all of this Hoopla started off of our own fan board? Killer

Y'all need to stop worrying, Louisiana is a stand alone reference. If they did pass legislation limiting our use of Louisiana it would be a violation of the 1st amendment to the constitution of the United States of America. I am sure the president of UL-Lafayette consulted lawyers and experts on this very issue. We just need to get a couple lobbyist and a group of lawyers together to fight this issue if it ever started to comeup in Baton Rouge

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

I am glad to see this is all coming to a head now. We can see the colors everyone's flying and the size--or lack thereof--of their balls.

If this card is played we should fight every other university what they call themselves, no using just warhawks, no Techsters, no Louisiana Tech without the city tag and it must include university because for some reason it might be confused with Louisiana Technical College, no bayou bengals that's not there name. Y'all see how ridiculous this gets if they ever told us we can't use a stand alone reference like Louisiana then no
    university can use a stand-a-alone reference and that the law would be biased and not fair to UL- Lafayette, it is discrmination
    against UL- Lafayette and to the Cajun people

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Y'all need to stop worrying, Louisiana is a stand alone reference. If they did pass legislation limiting our use of Louisiana it would be a violation of the 1st amendment to the constitution of the United States of America. I am sure the president of UL-Lafayette consulted lawyers and experts on this very issue. We just need to get a couple lobbyist and a group of lawyers together to fight this issue if it ever started to comeup in Baton Rouge
    This

Could this be negative publicity throughout the state for the Cajuns with all of the attention this topic has received?...I can tell you it certainly has people talking...even if they dont care one way or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    ...it would be a violation of the.... constitution of the United States of America
    That ceased to exist years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    Could this be negative publicity throughout the state for the Cajuns with all of the attention this topic has received?...I can tell you it certainly has people talking...even if they dont care one way or the other...
    You know what they say about publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwarhawks23 View Post
    I wouldn't call it negative. It's letting everyone know what we want to be called and why. It is people like Tabby that are writing false claims that what we are doing is illigal trying to make it negative. She needs to worry about covering her own "university" and stop worrying and lying about LOUISIANA. By the way It's no coincidence that this is coming up while we are winning and playing on ESPN two weeks in a row. Monroe is eating our dust and this is what your little paper has to write about??

Listening to Foote on KPEL in a MAJOR rant about the name issue. He's basically telling ULM that they SHOULD be fighting us on the name. The BIG thing that burns me up is he's stated that ALL the _____ has been coming from Monroe and has YET to acknowledge that HIS paper is fueling the fire AGAINST us!!! >

Default Foote Show

Foote absolutely going off on the whole UL/Louisiana branding.

He is questioning the motives of people (Other the UL supporters) involving themselves in the argument.

And Kyle is about to join in on the fun.

The next hour should be entertaining.

Default Re: Foote Show

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Foote absolutely going off on the whole UL/Louisiana branding.

He is questioning the motives of people (Other the UL supporters) involving themselves in the argument.

And Kyle is about to join in on the fun.

The next hour should be entertaining.
    He HASN'T acknowledged the _____ that HIS paper is doing!!

2 things.

First, we have no local DA paper anymore in Acadiana. To have that, we need local ownership.

Secondly, Gannet is trying to get us to swing at a pitch in the dirt. Just ignore them and keep kicking tail on all fronts.

If this fight goes to the legislature level again I hope T-Joe brings Hell with him. Our battle cry will be 1984 !!!!!!!!!

Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information