Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

As I mentioned yesterday, RIGHT NOW IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to make these references.
    My concern is that the coalition of Norther LA, NOLA, and BR Legislators come to recognize this fact and move to plug these "not illegal" references we are trying to legitimately promote with a "clarifying" piece of legislation that only legislators in South LA (and even then not all) would oppose.
    Then we are boxed in.
    We need to come up with strategy quickly -- this story is getting legs.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    If any legislative action is taken, we will lose.

We need to hope this whole thing blows over. Because every legislator from BR, Lake Charles, Shreveport and Monroe will vote to against us.
    You can't make anyone (even Martin Hall) use their full legal name, every utterance.

Even the very law that started all this stated "University of Louisiana System" hereby referred to as "System"

There's ideal world and real world usages. Using "System" was the real world.

The legislature would never dream of making the stenographer type "University of Louisiana System" every utterance.

ps but somehow La Louisiane thinks every utterance is required.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Wont happen.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Did you actually read the article?

I doubt you'd have a problem with what Dr. A actually said in the article. The headline is as misleading as any I've ever seen.
    How can they headline like that. They put words in Dr. A's mouth. There are no quotes from Dr. A that says we have gone to far? The Advertiser has gone too far.

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Notice his headline for this article is way more provacative in the online edition than it is for the print edition.

Print edition headline: "'Louisiana' politics, university division"

Why do you think that is??

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Decker and Tabby need to go play with themselves

Look at how great the university is doing since he left!! Enough said!

Agree with CajunZ. Decker always thinks he's being "clever" and funny, but he's really just a whiny troll.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    If any legislative action is taken, we will lose.

We need to hope this whole thing blows over. Because every legislator from BR, Lake Charles, Shreveport and Monroe will vote to against us.
    Then the Acadiana delegation needs to sack up and fight for our interest.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun23 View Post
    This Post on the Universities Facebook Page.
    hahaha they deleted it

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

All of this is being led by shoddy jounalism. This article's title is absolutely misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Notice his headline for this article is way more provacative in the online edition than it is for the print edition.

Print edition headline: "'Louisiana' politics, university division"

Why do you think that is??
    If I remember correctly, and maybe a Turbine can help here, it was posted here a good while back that someone local with the Advertiser (Kevin Foote perhaps) responding to some of our criticism claimed the online edition and its headlines were put together by Gannett people in Monroe. Anyone else confirm or remember that?

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Where is the Federal or Louisiana State law that states were only a "Flagship" university can do this??? BTW, check Nevada Wolf Pack/UNLV.OMG!!!!! No Flagship??? This must be wrong!
    Nevada-Reno was Nevada long before UNLV came along. Nevada Southern University changed its name to UNLV around 1969 and Reno was added to the University of Nevada since, as you mentioned, Nevada doesn’t have a “flagship university”. UNV continued to use Nevada as its moniker.
    I am sure there are a couple exceptions around the country to the “state” moniker & non-flagship status, but as in the case with Nevada, the situation at hand is far different that UL’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Then the Acadiana delegation needs to sack up and fight for our interest.
    Even with the Acadiana delegation stepping up. Their numbers are few compared to the other schools in the ULS.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Who is this tool "Decker"? I tell you dudes. Our Lafayette contingency doesn't have the balls we used to have. This guy would be dealt a set of cards his fat ___ could not possibly play.

This twerp writes this POS article in the Lafayette newspaper and the editor let's it go?!? Are you freaking kidding me? I smear better jounalism on toilet paper than this.

The DA needs to have their lights shut off in Lafayette, boys. That piece of crap called a newspaper is absolutely the worst. Good Lord!

Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information