Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Said it wasn't his choice what to call us, there are spots where he will have to use school name but will be more conscious to just refer to us as the ragin Cajuns
    My .02, that is the best we can hope for. For now.

We need to work on the SBC is where our true issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    I had an inkling feeling that ULM has always had some sort of greasy hand in a lot of our name issues with ESPN.

But good lord guys come on, don't blow this guys twitter up with the name issue. Let our friggen SID WHO WE PAY TO DO THESE SORT OF THINGS do his job. Y'all honestly think grilling these people about the name issue helps? It doesn't. Our SID kicks ___ and does his job to get the name issue taken care of. Most of the time if they ULL or LA-LAF us to death, it's because they're told they have to.
    Second.

3. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Joe works for the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network yet he can spell sports with a "Z" in his Twitter cover but he absolutely is forbidden from calling Louisiana, Louisiana?

I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    That's a legit point. So we should be blaming our SID. Apparently he is losing to ULMoanroe and I hate losing to them, at anything. And if our SID is being held back from aggressively pursuing this, then whoever is stopping him needs to have a talking too. Playing nice with ESPN has gotten us nothing, its time to bring out the big guns and show them we mean business.
    If you want to blame the SID, you have missed a lot of memos. This dude has been very aggressive on the name issue. Unless you think he should rope into the broadcast booth like a ninja and kick Joe Davis' ___, he is doing all he can do. He wrote very clear instructions for them in the media guide and pushes it at every opportunity. Got fed up a few weeks ago and called them ES-Bristol in public.

Every time our commissioner is doing an interview or any kind of press conference our media should refer to him as Curley Henson. Just keep calling him that. The first time he corrects someone, say I know your name but I don't really care what you want to be called, so I'm gonna call you what I want. See how he answers that one.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hey, its good to stick with the lucky hand. I'll take em. I listened to the radio broadcast anyway while watching the game so I have no clue how good or bad they were.
    I listened to the radio broadcast as well. What was the deal with Jay and Mr. Bitter calling Justin Anderson "Baseball"? If that's his nickname, where did it come from and why??

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I listened to the radio broadcast as well. What was the deal with Jay and Mr. Bitter calling Justin Anderson "Baseball"? If that's his nickname, where did it come from and why??
    Mr. Bitter???

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Mr. Bitter???
    If it wasn't Mr. Bitter on the air with Jay, it sounded like him. Now, what about the "Baseball" reference??

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    He just replied and said his bosses ordered them not to call us Louisiana
    This. Put your pitchforks down guys.

I talked to the ESPN announcer at the New Orleans Bowl who pretty much said the same thing. This goes way above the announcer's heads. I don't know who up there is fighting us or why but it is what it is.

Actually, it looks like we know exactly who the culprit is. F*** this F****** conference! Seriously. They fight us on the name and then siphon off all our NO Bowl money. F*** them.

From @JoeDavisESPN

@CajunsRagin again, it's not my decision what we call you. Whole thing is driven by your conference. Don't shoot the messenger!
    @STLMORAGINCAJUN issue isn't with LSU. It's with ULM. Has nothing to do with sucking up to anybody.
    @STLMORAGINCAJUN FOX doesn't have a deal with the Sun Belt like ESPN does. Have to play by SB's rules for healthy relationship.
    @CajunsRagin @billbeck451 I'm employed by a company partnered with the sun belt.
    @billbeck451 it's not ignoring it. We're fully aware. It's all driven by the sun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Actually, it looks like we know exactly who the culprit is. F*** this F****** conference! Seriously. They fight us on the name and the siphon off all out NO Bowl money. F*** them.

From @JoeDavisESPN
    One more reason to leave this chicken scratch, el toro poo poo conference in the freaking dust.GET US THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!

agreed. Lets win this conference title and tell them to kiss our ___.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This. Put your pitchforks down guys.

I talked to the ESPN announcer at the New Orleans Bowl who pretty much said the same thing. This goes way above the announcer's heads. I don't know who up there is fighting us or why but it is what it is.
    No Reb.do not put the pitchforks down.just point them in the proper direction.the Sun Belt Conference and ULM**** those bastardsI am so tired of the lack of respect from these people

14. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

I had posted a while back that on the LTUR board a guy had heard the Monroe AD mention that he was calling the Commish and Monroe's pres was calling T-Joe about using the Louisiana deal only!!! Guess it worked with the commish and ESPN!!!

NLU@Monroe, you are here by put on notice. Mess with us you are messing up your only chance at staying relevant in D1a (fbs). We will bury you @Cajunfield so deep it will take all of Bristol to dig u out.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information