Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Cut the negativity, Slappy.

Z
    If any legislative action is taken, we will lose.

We need to hope this whole thing blows over. Because every legislator from BR, Lake Charles, Shreveport and Monroe will vote to against us.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    I am one that respectfully disagrees with this completely. The more we rub it in their face, the longer we have to hear them whine. I want them to shut up so their cause can never gain momentum. 2 yrs ago T-Joe had our scoreboard changed to say Ragin Cajuns vs "taunting" them with the name. I just want to kick their arses, send them home with an L and not have crabby tabby dominate headlines across the state after we put it to them on the field. While I like the direction, after 13 years I'm so fn tired of this name issue brought up every single day. I'm embarrassed that our defense held the 2 time defending conf champions to under 170 yards, our offense held the ball 43 minutes last night.and we've got 74,000 posts in multiple threads today about the dam name issue instead of the clinic we put on last night.
    We didn't bring this up and "rub it in anyone's face". We just tried to correct a sportscaster who uses acronyms the University doesn't want. If we don't do that we will continue to be pelted with the 3 letter curse as well as being referred to as "Lafayette". And you can bet your bottom dollar that left unchallenged that would have caught on and we would be known as "Lafayette".

Again, we didn't start this local ____ing contest. Tabby and the Waaaaaahhhhhhoax, egged on by Nechsters, started this crap.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I tried to tell you boys & girls that Bobby Jindal is no conservative. He's an opportunistic predator.

Somebody high up in state circles told me that soon after Jindal was elected, one of Jindal's top people told a small group of Republicans (he was assuming, I suppose, that they were as stupid as he is), "We have to do something about higher education. It produces too many liberals."

First of all, EBR, Lincoln and Lafayette are the parishes with the highest percentages of college graduates, and Jindal carried them in 2011 and 2007. In fact, of the handful of parishes he carried in 2003, EBR & Lafayette were among them, even though he was running against a Lafayette native.

Second of all, what respectable parent says, "I don't want my child to go to college, he might disagree with me"?

But the story about his administration's views on higher ed certainly fits the facts. Perry and Jindal ("the cowboy and the Indian") have both worked to dismantle higher ed. The difference is the governorship of Texas amounts to little more than a figurehead, whereas the governorship of Louisiana is one of the most powerful in the US.

Jindal went to Brown--which, BTW, is a seething liberal stronghold. Obviously, Jindal thinks Louisiana's colleges weren't good enough for him.

And obviously, he thinks they're too good for us.
    Jindal has been a big disappointment. His saving grace was that on Election Day he did look like a conservative in comparison to his democrat opponent.

For all of the whiney assed Waaaaaaaaaahoax fans, Tabby and the rest of the lazy, clueless media here is the statement from a University official declaring flagship status. It's down around the 7th oars graph I believe.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m.050412aaa.html

Ooooopsit wasn't Louisiana making that claim. The Waaaaaaahhhhhhhoax are being played by their "friends" to their west.

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

This is all good. We need to have this fight once and for all, and we need to have it out in public. It needs to grab the attention of people outside of Louisiana and have them ask questions about why a legislature is so interested in a name and why they are averse to healthy academic competition between LSU and other state universities. Flagship status is anti-competitive.

It is much harder to kill your neighbor's barking dog when the whole neighborhood is watching. If this fight is contained to Martin Hall and the state capitol, we will find ourselves under the boot again. If so, it may be time to pursue the UofA or AU idea. Put the confusion with ULM and the Lafayette Leopards out of its misery.

PS: We can't be afraid to lose. Authement was a great president in many ways, but this was his biggest problem. Even now, when it is not his issue anymore, he is submissive.

This is Upsetting Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Bill Deckers editorial from the DA:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.te-leave-alone

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Because Decker still has the redass, that UL fans challenged the papers references to UL and demanded change when he was editor

Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Bill Deckers editorial from the DA:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article.te-leave-alone
    WTF is this Bill Decker?

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    WTF is this Bill Decker?
    Isn't he part of the law firm, Black & Decker?

11. Default Re: Why is the Daily Advertiser (THIS time Bill Decker) trying to sabotage us??

Opening paragraph "or whatever you call it"

A humongous dig trip.

Closing paragraph "let’s be honest — sticking it to LSU"

A humongous wig flip.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    This is all good. We need to have this fight once and for all, and we need to have it out in public. It needs to grab the attention of people outside of Louisiana and have them ask questions about why a legislature is so interested in a name and why they are averse to healthy academic competition between LSU and other state universities. Flagship status is anti-competitive.

It is much harder to kill your neighbor's barking dog when the whole neighborhood is watching. If this fight is contained to Martin Hall and the state capitol, we will find ourselves under the boot again. If so, it may be time to pursue the UofA or AU idea. Put the confusion with ULM and the Lafayette Leopards out of its misery.
    That's what I say . let's show the world what stupid things happen in this state; maybe the stupid will then go away!

Time to run this guy out of town on a rail. We need to flood the Advertiser with complaints on the guy.

With how the Advertiser is handling this stupid ____.I'm hoping John George's brings The Advocate to Lafayette to put a bullet in the Advertisers brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Opening paragraph "or whatever you call it"

A humongous dig trip.

Closing paragraph "let’s be honest — sticking it to LSU"

A humongous wig flip.
    That's the problem with most of these people . this has NOTHING to do with lsu and EVERYTHING to do with UL . it is a mentality that is hard to overcome!

Sticking it to LSUNow that's journalism there. Complete ignorance is not always bliss

Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 . LastLast

Thread Information