Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: The North louisiana Follies

Doc, I have downloaded press releases from both the Athletic Dept. and the University Administration where they refer to themselves as The Flagship of North Louisiana including a quote from a the former AD buried in the official release issued when they accepted the CUSA invite.

Default Re: UL Lafayette may have gone too far, former president says

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Gannett lacks stories, so they spread local stories across America.

Fossil should realize a reporter always has a story they want to present, and the questions will always direct you to the answer they want. We conservatives have seen this for decades on sixty minutes where most of the interview is left on the cutting room floor and what is left is spliced together to create a story they want right or wrong.

IMO the Fossil was set up. A willing dupe. He should simply walk around and accept the kind words being bestowed on him instead of inserting himself into a contrived controversy.

The last I heard ESPN has not issued anything about UL trying to bully them.We hear plenty from Tabby Sonnier. So glad she has our best interest at heart, or that ba$tard Thompson, the original back stabbing tool of the Evil Empire.
    What is this about us bullying ESPN. It is total BS. If anything ESPN has bullied us over and over by degrading us by making fun of our university over and over through the years.
    We just finally got tired of it. I have had enough of all this crap. I hope we win the rest of our games and go undefeated next year and show all the pundits. Why does no one want us to be successful. Just leave us alone. All this plays into LSU's hands, but the North LA Universities just don't see it.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Not 1 thing that you posted is petty, Crowley

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    ULM in SBC

Teck in CUSA

Tulane in AAC

All of them will do the same thing.be whiny little pansies.

The MWC or a new SWC without Teck or Tulane is the only way we will not receive interference from within the conference.
    Not at all, think it through. ULM can go to the 'Belt, publically, with what seems to be a legitimate claim, that they are also the University of Louisiana, and so it is unfair for us to carry the name.

Teck & Tulane can't do that. They have no good argument why we shouldn't use the name. So they can't successfuly work behind the scenes in their conferences to make it happen, because we have the advantage of being able to bring it up in open meetings. If they try to answer publically, they look like parochial fools.

Not to say they are already parochial fools, mind you.

For Tulane, it's particularly dicey. They were originally UL, and we have a letter from them releasing us to use the name.

So in either case, Teck & Tulane have a lone vote against us using the name, and if they try to cast that vote, they look silly. And they lose.

So they won't.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    It is a sad day when a fan base of another university tries to pull down another university because of paranoia. It is ironic when LTUR was doing all it could do for "separation" from everyone else in Louisiana, and we were stuck in the mud, they saw it as a university trying to better itself. Yet, now that the tables are turned and they are the ones that are stuck in the mud, someone that shouldn't have a dog in the fight is concentrating and focusing all of their energy to drag us back instead of trying to fix their own problems and lift themselves up. When will they realize that if more universities better themselves, it will have a more positive affect than trying to drag another down? A friend of mine at work, who is a huge LSU fan, loves the idea of UL tring to push to be better athletically. He believes that a better UL is better for the state. He believes that if they don't go to LSU, they should go to UL. More is better. He wants the better recruits to stay in the state. If something does come of this, it just goes to show you how petty and vindictive other universities and parts of the LA Leg. are when you can't even call yourself by your nickname. Then, if that's the case, then our local media and PA announcer at the games should always use their legal and proper name when they are addressed. No nicknames allowed or abbreviated versions. Ok, I'm now done venting and being petty. lol.
    My friend, the tables are turned. Our good friends at Latex dont know whether to ______ or go blind this morning!! LOL!! they have longed for separation and have never gotten it. In the few short years that we have had a Pres that isnt afraid of his ____ing shadow, we are dusting that Latex ssss.

ULM, is a basket case. Welfare to the max. Totally lost. low academic quality. 0 for athletics. this is their power play.

If they put half as much energy into making ULM the best they can be as they do trying to dick with us, they might have more than a 10 mil dollar athletic budget. LOL!

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Not at all, think it through. ULM can go to the 'Belt, publically, with what seems to be a legitimate claim, that they are also the University of Louisiana, and so it is unfair for us to carry the name.

Teck & Tulane can't do that. They have no good argument why we shouldn't use the name. So they can't successfuly work behind the scenes in their conferences to make it happen, because we have the advantage of being able to bring it up in open meetings. If they try to answer publically, they look like parochial fools.

Not to say they are already parochial fools, mind you.

For Tulane, it's particularly dicey. They were originally UL, and we have a letter from them releasing us to use the name.

So in either case, Teck & Tulane have a lone vote against us using the name, and if they try to cast that vote, they look silly. And they lose.

So they won't.
    Glad you're back Fungus!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    What is this about us bullying ESPN. It is total BS. If anything ESPN has bullied us over and over by degrading us by making fun of our university over and over through the years.
    We just finally got tired of it. I have had enough of all this crap. I hope we win the rest of our games and go undefeated next year and show all the pundits. Why does no one want us to be successful. Just leave us alone. All this plays into LSU's hands, but the North LA Universities just don't see it.
    Sure they see it.when you know that your growth will be limited and you see this potential monster South of you passing you up you will use what tools you canwait til the Master Plan gets going after the seasonthey will be wailing like sirens over all of this.simply because they can't do it and we can

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Headline buries the lead imo. The quotes on page two clearly show his stance as being pro ul why would you tag it as the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And not one rednecked dumb jerk off asked what are our universities being bankrupted so Bobby Jindal can run for president? No, no those damned bazztards in Lafayette, who do they think they are.
    I tried to tell you boys & girls that Bobby Jindal is no conservative. He's an opportunistic predator.

Somebody high up in state circles told me that soon after Jindal was elected, one of Jindal's top people told a small group of Republicans (he was assuming, I suppose, that they were as stupid as he is), "We have to do something about higher education. It produces too many liberals."

First of all, EBR, Lincoln and Lafayette are the parishes with the highest percentages of college graduates, and Jindal carried them in 2011 and 2007. In fact, of the handful of parishes he carried in 2003, EBR & Lafayette were among them, even though he was running against a Lafayette native.

Second of all, what respectable parent says, "I don't want my child to go to college, he might disagree with me"?

But the story about his administration's views on higher ed certainly fits the facts. Perry and Jindal ("the cowboy and the Indian") have both worked to dismantle higher ed. The difference is the governorship of Texas amounts to little more than a figurehead, whereas the governorship of Louisiana is one of the most powerful in the US.

Jindal went to Brown--which, BTW, is a seething liberal stronghold. Obviously, Jindal thinks Louisiana's colleges weren't good enough for him.

And obviously, he thinks they're too good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Glad you're back Fungus!!

Z
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    It is a sad day when a fan base of another university tries to pull down another university because of paranoia. It is ironic when LTUR was doing all it could do for "separation" from everyone else in Louisiana, and we were stuck in the mud, they saw it as a university trying to better itself. Yet, now that the tables are turned and they are the ones that are stuck in the mud, someone that shouldn't have a dog in the fight is concentrating and focusing all of their energy to drag us back instead of trying to fix their own problems and lift themselves up. When will they realize that if more universities better themselves, it will have a more positive affect than trying to drag another down? A friend of mine at work, who is a huge LSU fan, loves the idea of UL tring to push to be better athletically. He believes that a better UL is better for the state. He believes that if they don't go to LSU, they should go to UL. More is better. He wants the better recruits to stay in the state. If something does come of this, it just goes to show you how petty and vindictive other universities and parts of the LA Leg. are when you can't even call yourself by your nickname. Then, if that's the case, then our local media and PA announcer at the games should always use their legal and proper name when they are addressed. No nicknames allowed or abbreviated versions. Ok, I'm now done venting and being petty. lol.
    Teck doesn't realize just how bad their situation is. But their antennae are obviously twitching.

They're looking at athletics and feeling nervous. They should be looking at academics, research, campus development, donations, politics, and enrollment.

Whether Hud stays or not, whether athletics succeeds or not, over the next five years UL is going to leave Teck so far in our rearview mirror they'll never catch up.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

GI to the ulm scout board where the forum header says Louisiana Warhawk Football and tell me again how they only use ULM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I tried to tell you boys & girls that Bobby Jindal is no conservative. He's an opportunistic predator.

Somebody high up in state circles told me that soon after Jindal was elected, one of Jindal's top people told a small group of Republicans (he was assuming, I suppose, that they were as stupid as he is), "We have to do something about higher education. It produces too many liberals."

First of all, EBR, Lincoln and Lafayette are the parishes with the highest percentages of college graduates, and Jindal carried them in 2011 and 2007. In fact, of the handful of parishes he carried in 2003, EBR & Lafayette were among them, even though he was running against a Lafayette native.

Second of all, what respectable parent says, "I don't want my child to go to college, he might disagree with me"?

But the story about his administration's views on higher ed certainly fits the facts. Perry and Jindal ("the cowboy and the Indian") have both worked to dismantle higher ed. The difference is the governorship of Texas amounts to little more than a figurehead, whereas the governorship of Louisiana is one of the most powerful in the US.

Jindal went to Brown--which, BTW, is a seething liberal stronghold. Obviously, Jindal thinks Louisiana's colleges weren't good enough for him.

And obviously, he thinks they're too good for us.
    Perry can't touch higher Ed over here.Jindal has been a monumental disappointment to this ConservativeGovernor Good Hairmarginally better

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Send that link to Chris Cox at 103.7 The Gameoops that should be Christopher since that is what the law says his name is via that legal document known as his birth certificate. I sure don't want to do anything illegal like call him Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Headline buries the lead imo. The quotes on page two clearly show his stance as being pro ul why would you tag it as the opposite?
    Because it is more controversial to have a former president say that we need to stop our drive to be known as Louisiana than him agreeing with the it. Just about getting eyeballs to look the article.

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread Information