Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The misinformation she is spewing is mountainous.
    And that is why I came on at 5:35 to set the record straight! I will have someone on tomorrow's show from UL to answer her allegations directly.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

I chose ul in 84 and would have been one ofthe first classes to graduate with 4 yrs as ul so I have been the name since I began college

Laturd actually has people emailing Board of regents and their local politicians. Yet they don't care about us. They posted a response that one of them got, I think it was a dr Woolley, who basically said Louisiana is legal, the university isn't doing anything wrong and they have no control what outside sources call us, media, alumni etc. pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Laturd actually has people emailing Board of regents and their local politicians. Yet they don't care about us. They posted a response that one of them got, I think it was a dr Woolley, who basically said Louisiana is legal, the university isn't doing anything wrong and they have no control what outside sources call us, media, alumni etc. pretty funny
    One of them doesn't care so much, he said he's going around campus tonight to look for naming violations. That's some serious not caring there.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

I'd prefer to leave the term separation to LTUR.

I was in my 2ND freshman year in 1984.this isn't new. I never wanted to be Louisiana too put down anyone. Wanted it to better our natural fit. "Texas Longhorns" Tennessee Volunteers" Oklahoma Sooners" our State is "known for all things "Cajun". Many in stateall over profit from the "cajun" culture so being Louisiana Cajuns is 100% natural to assume for our state.

All Tabbys crap is sore loser whining. ULM can be a great brand but you have to put all your efforts into YOUR brand. What she's doing is galvanizing our Branding efforts. There battle is bulding brand status vs Rustonia. Large majority of image/perception & for student growth in region is with them.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    One of them doesn't care so much, he said he's going around campus tonight to look for naming violations. That's some serious not caring there.
    Perhaps he would like to answer this question.a Louisiana Tech graduate receives a diploma that has "Louisiana Tech University" printed on it as opposed to the official name of the institution" Louisiana Tech University at Ruston".How is that Diploma valid?

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Yea, tarp fan extraordinaire Dwayne is begging Dr. Woodley to make an addendum to the Bylaws in order to prevent us from branding ourselves as Louisiana. If they would have mobilized as quickly as they are now and emailed Van De Velde last year, they might have convinced him to accept the Independence Bowl invite.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Aaron?
    Aaron Martingood guy

Interesting comment at the end of the article by an NLuLM alum:

"I'm a 1976 grad of Northeast Louisiana University. I am now, and always have been very proud of that name. I wish NLU hadn't foolishly agreed to partner with USL in 1999 so that USL could become ULL (at least 2 schools had to change names, and the NLU president signed on to force the name change to ULM.yep, it was forced.there was never any vote of students, staff or alumni). It wasn't a very bright move by NLU, and the select few NLU people who wound up ramming through the name change to ULM should have known that USL has for a long time wanted to be UL. It didn't take a genius to see that's exactly what the USL folks would try to do, somehow, some way.

Now, ULL is stepping up its efforts to be viewed as UL, or Louisiana (and don't try to B.S. anyone by saying that's not what ULL is doing). The school that stands to lose the most is ULM. I mean, the name "University of Louisiana at Monroe" already sounds like a local branch of a bigger school in the first place. And now that ULL is really trying to be viewed as the flagship of the UL system, the perception will be that ULM (which has never marketed itself as anything other than that) is just a branch of mother UL in Lafayette.

Personally, I support ULL's efforts, but not at the cost of the reputation of ULM. Since there was never anything wrong with the name NLU, if ULL is going to take steps to be UL, I see no reason why ULM would want to retain that name. Perhaps it's time for that vote we never had back in 1999. I'd like to see how the students, staff and alumni feel about keeping a name that creates the perception that we are a satellite of a mother ship, especially now that the other school is really making a concerted effort to be that mother ship."

Why is ULM taking this as an affront? taking it so personal? Each school should just strive to be their best.

10. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Yea, tarp fan extraordinaire Dwayne is begging Dr. Woodley to make an addendum to the Bylaws in order to prevent us from branding ourselves as Louisiana. If they would have mobilized as quickly as they are now and emailed Van De Velde last year, they might have convinced him to accept the Independence Bowl invite.
    This is total submission/admission that UL is doing nothing wrong.

He wants a law to make it become wrong, just like the Board of Regents name change law of 1985, made it "look" like the Board of Regents had done something wrong in 1984.

I know our administration does what is best for our university. But the next time the conference realignment train pulls out the station, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns need to be on board. This name mess is only one reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And that is why I came on at 5:35 to set the record straight! I will have someone on tomorrow's show from UL to answer her allegations directly.

Take no prisoners. This is where we draw the line in the sand.get on board, or get out of the way.

(Sorry, the combination of our game last night, this article full of at BEST half-truths, and Kenny Powers have me jacked up right now)

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I am checking on prices now. The front would say "WE ARE LOUISIANA" and the back would be like the ones the Alumni Association hands out that say "GEAUX CAJUNS". Hopefully I can get it done.
    On the back of the shirt use:
    "Now say my name!"
    And I will buy several

We've been LOUISIANA since I graduated in 1984. Why are they just getting around to having a problem with it now?

This is amazing! LA-Monroe sponsors a football team that can't score an offensive touchdown and claims a victory over a Grambling team (that doesn't even show up for practice) as a highlight of the season, bottom of the barrel men's and woman's basketball teams, a last place softball team to go along with an under achieving baseball team and the only thing supporters of the school are concerned with is what UL or Louisiana calls itself!!!!!!!!!! Yet, they don't want outsiders to view them as a satellite campus! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information