Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Looka here folks it is all about listeners He could give a good GD about the name, only that his show is getting heard.
    This is true, Tabby is also 100% aware that this is a ticket topic for her. Thus the Tabby Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    In announcing BJ coming up after NFL talk he states BJ is not a friend of the show?!!!!! What a ____ing douche.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic
    I would hope so. But the joke went over like a lead balloon after that interview

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I emailed louisiana@lafayette.edu

Waiting for a reply.
    Hahahaha

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Rack 'em !!!!! BJ hit it out of the park

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Rack 'em !!!!! BJ hit it out of the park
    He sure did

For those of us not in the listening area, care to give a synopsis?

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Why doesnt the university or community petition the legislation to change the rule. Im not a lawyer, but maybe they can do the LSU special
    * First, designate UL as the flagship of the University of Louisiana system.
    Second, state in the new law that only the Flagship institution of each system may drop the geographical location from their name if desired. (Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge LSU/ University of Louisiana at Lafayette UL)
    Third, attach the new name bill to another bill that has a high probability of passing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    For those of us not in the listening area, care to give a synopsis?
    He countered the Tabby article point by point.

The only thing I would interject is, I think the SBC name edict was an inheritance from the Wright Waters era.

Up till now Benson had made no public changes. Whether he makes the stance his own we will soon know.

Tabby is what they commonly refer to in Kaplan as a poodoo; or chuh chut

Why doesnt the university or community petition the legislation to change the rule. Im not a lawyer, but maybe they can do the LSU special
    * First, designate UL as the flagship of the University of Louisiana system.
    Second, state in the new law that only the Flagship institution of each system may drop the geographical location from their name if desired. (Louisiana State University A&M at Baton Rouge LSU/ University of Louisiana at Lafayette UL)
    Third, attach the new name bill to another bill that has a high probability of passing.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Tabby is what they commonly refer to in Kaplan as a poodoo; or chuh chut
    Kaplan, hmmm.

And I thought it was west Nunez.

I have been involved with this fight since '84 and what hacks me off the most is this is dominating a day we should be celebrating one of our biggest victories. Instead the Hoax & Nechs have us engaged in this B/S manufactured supposed power grab. For that I hope drill both of them when they visit Cajun Field. Hell, strike that, drill them in everthing.

Since the folks in Ruston & Monroe don't have any football worth worrying about, they apparently needed something to rally around!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    I have been involved with this fight since '84 and what hacks me off the most is this is dominating a day we should be celebrating one of our biggest victories. Instead the Hoax & Nechs have us engaged in this B/S manufactured supposed power grab. For that I hope drill both of them when they visit Cajun Field. Hell, strike that, drill them in everthing.
    Do you know Leslie Durio? She sparked my interested in the name fight back in the early 80s

Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread Information