Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I'm no lawyer, I think we are not allowed to change our university name. UL system schools had to either keep their old name or change to Louisiana @ city tag. No other options.
    If Nicholls decides to change their school name, their only option is "University of Louisiana @ Thibodeaux".

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The whole point is that trench warfare didn't work for either side. It wasn't until one side started building tanks that things began to change. We need to build some damn tanks. You can stay in the trench though.
    The problem is that you haven't been advocating building any tanks. You've been calling for the Compiegne Rail Car.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Tabby will be 103.7 at 4:35.

4. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Rebel to hear you correctly we give upyet we gain ground every year, but no, no let's get a name we don't want.

Or abandon UL altogether and let the Hoax have it by default.

Or why not ask the Hoax president why he does not focus on LTUR declaring they are the FLAGSHIP of North Louisiana, instead of some NOT implied message by us.

Or we actually demand money for our universities instead of letting little Bobby Jindal sacrifice all our universities so he can run for, and lose US President, on the lie that he never raised taxes all without damaging his state.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Tabby is on 103.7
    I'd rather listen to Prather yell "HELLLOOOO" for 15 minutes

Give her a platform, yet they probably wont interview anyone with a clue on the other side of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Tabby will be 103.7 at 4:35.
    Cat 5 S***storm alert

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We just started the most important component of securing the political and financial authority necessary to support our athletic name branding and much much more.
    Care to elaborate? Is this just wishful thinking or is there more going on behind the scenes than I've been told?

BTW, good post.
    I threw out a let's change our name softball and you didn't even take a swing at it. What's happening to you?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Me and my thong may have to spend a night with Tabby. I'll just take one for the team. just one more. time.

By night's end. with just me, her and my thong. she'll be screaming, "Y'all stop!!!. You are Louisiana!!!"

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

NOTE: Dr. Sandra Woodley, head of the UL System, added "the policy is silent on using 'Louisiana' as a stand-alone reference.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Rebel to hear you correctly we give upyet we gain ground every year, but no, no let's get a name we don't want.
    Gain ground? Really? In the past 10 years we've dropped a "'S" from our logo. That's about it.

Or abandon UL altogether and let the Hoax have it by default.
    HELL NO!

Or why not ask the Hoax president why he does not focus on LTUR declaring they are the FLAGSHIP of North Louisiana, instead of some NOT implied message by us.
    I don't give a crap about Ruson U. I care about us.

Or we actually demand money for our universities instead of letting little Bobby Jindal sacrifice all our universities so he can run for, and lose US President, on the lie that he never raised taxes all without damaging his state.
    I completely agree

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_Spice View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but if ULM doesn't compromise with us, couldn't we just say that fine, we will change to UofA (University of Acadiana). By us doing so, would it force ULM to change to something as well due to there is no other UL_?
    Well the double school name change law was expected to shut down the concept.

If the name change doesn't involve University of Louisiana the only law is the one that gave the Board of Regents their historical right back. The new part was that the legislature needs to rubber stamp it.

If UL were to change ULM does not need to change.

Dr. Sandra Woodley, head of the UL System, added "the policy is silent on using 'Louisiana' as a stand-alone reference. http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s.in_cajuns.html

One reason so many people who are outside our support system are worried about this is simply because we are winning on the field. We would be laughed at with the effort we are making now were victories not accompanying these steps. We are also winning on the soccer field and volleyball courts lately. Let's hope the roundball and diamond teams continue this success. This could be one of the great athletic years in school history. Folks are concerned that the fuse Coach Hud said we would lite is about to explode. It is always good to be hated in these matters.

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    How about for homecoming the university or someone or individuals make signs saying WE ARE LOUISIANA. In red and white. Cc
    I am checking on prices now. The front would say "WE ARE LOUISIANA" and the back would be like the ones the Alumni Association hands out that say "GEAUX CAJUNS". Hopefully I can get it done.

I don't know why I'm listening to this woman speak.

Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information