Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

I think they were fine considering they just had us last week before the SBC decided to man up yesterday on game day. They made an effort and I appreciate that.

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656 View Post
    Jesus...they cant even spell "Ragin" right.
    I e-mailed the young lady.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...in_cajuns.html

Pretty good article besides the misspelling of "Rajin".
    But notice the quote from Belt spokesman McElwain, he seems to be crawfishing now. He could have easily issued the we let members decide how the should be referenced. Now it's to the effect of "we're studying it".

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Yes, Jay, get some rest...then call your little friend Tabby and tell her to Please.

Oh yea, and don't forget to tell her "Suck it, Hoax"

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    I e-mailed the young lady.

So did i....

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

Ha...she changed it. Awesome.

Let's fix the poll results fellows.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    UL should turn the tables on ULM & form a coalition with Tech & attempt to convert ULM into a junior college. LSU may even be on board if you include SLU & Nichols in the junior college discussion.
    LA has too many universities which hurts everyone, including LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Could be the first thing you've posted that I actually agree with...
    even a broken clock is right twice a day! it is a good suggestion though

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post

Now wait, is that legal. How can you use @Louisiana.edu instead of@louisianalafayette.........?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Oh, that's an easy one.

As soon as we are in a conference without ULM (and preferably without Teck, though that may take longer), it's over. The conference members will want us called The University of Louisiana because it sells more tickets.

When that happens, the media will also call us The University of Louisiana.

After that, what LSU or ULM or Teck thinks amounts to bupkus.
    This is the most accurate post I have read yet. I'm tired of screaming at the top of my lungs about this issue.

11. Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

I emailed louisiana@lafayette.edu

Waiting for a reply.

John McElwain, spokesman for the Sun Belt Conference, said a formal policy on how to refer to the team is still being decided.

"It's an evolving process right now," McElwain said. "We're trying to please all concerned parties."

The fear in this state is amazing. Also, who made Michael Bonnette the "Sports Information Guru"? You win a few games inTV and it gets poeple's attention.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    You keep posting about changing strategies and something has to change...what would you suggest?
    Well the answer to that question is I don't know exactly what the answer is. But here's what I would like to see, even if it's a long shot.

I suggest T-Joe meet with the ULM pres. to try to hammer out a compromise. Hopefully something that will allow us to keep the Louisiana name permanently without claiming or implying flagship status, and finding another name that ULM could live with that won't make them seem like our satellite campus if we use Louisiana, which is their main beef with us. Perhaps Monroe State, Monroe University, or the University of North Louisiana. And maybe we throw in something else to make it a better deal for them. This way both sides get most of what they want.

And hey, I'll just come out and say it and I don't even know if i agree with it. But I'm throwing it out there. During these negotiations if ULM is completely against us having the UL name, we should at least consider changing our name to something like Acadiana University or University of Acadiana if they'll change theirs. I don't love it. Of course I don't love it. But I sure like it a lot more than Louisiana-Lafayette. Again, let's not kid ourselves. We're not officially UL. The university can't even call itself UL. And outside of Lafayette, hardly anyone calls us UL. I don't think anyone disagrees that: UL > Acadiana U > ULL. So maybe that's our side of the compromise?

Once this is done they can go to their respective local legislative delegations to craft a bill allowing this name change to take place. If you have the full support of the North Louisiana and Acadiana delegations, and then you add in the fact that both universities are in complete agreement and are trying to better themselves, we could get this pushed through the legislature. I don't see a majority of legislators opposing this if it's what both schools want for themselves.

Look, Nevada-Reno uses Nevada because no one in Nevada gives a crap about what they call themselves. But here, for some stupid reason, it matters to people. It matters so much there are a whole list of ridiculous rules that will always prevent us from being UL. We need to acknowledge this and change strategies to get the rules changed. My idea may not be the best. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

I'll ask you this question. Here we are 14 years in and we've made little to no progress. Why do you think the next 14 years will be different? How many more years will it take before we can finally claim victory?

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    John McElwain, spokesman for the Sun Belt Conference, said a formal policy on how to refer to the team is still being decided.

"It's an evolving process right now," McElwain said. "We're trying to please all concerned parties."
    Hey John...have a idea here...call us Louisiana and call them ULM...end of story

Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information