Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Lafayette Alex and Monroe papers all owned by the same people!!!
    Maybe we should start a petition to cancel all local subscriptions to the DA in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I think this is my final post on this issue.

In MY opinion:
    we have two choices:
    1. Carry on the way we have in all regards and continue to ask and influence media outlets to call us "Louisiana" or "UL". This, I think will eventually come back to haunt us because I honestly believe we will face an eventual amendment to the 1998 law initiated by a coalition of Northern LA, BR, and NOLA legislators for the reasons previously
    UL should turn the tables on ULM & form a coalition with Tech & attempt to convert ULM into a junior college. LSU may even be on board if you include SLU & Nichols in the junior college discussion.
    LA has too many universities which hurts everyone, including LSU.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    UL should turn the tables on ULM & form a coalition with Tech & attempt to convert ULM into a junior college. LSU may even be on board if you include SLU & Nichols in the junior college discussion.
    LA has too many universities which hurts everyone, including LSU.
    Could be the first thing you've posted that I actually agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Could be the first thing you've posted that I actually agree with.
    Yep.

I've always said that the UL System should include only the following:
    Northwestern State
    Louisiana
    LA Tech
    Southeastern Louisiana

That's itclose all the rest. The economy of those towns be crumble though, and would only hurt the state in the long run. Can Thibodeaux survive without Nicholls in its economy? I doubt it

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Every last one of them.
    Maybe that is why the evil doers down east don't want to bring it up because they may have to use their right handle, lsua&m.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Not talking about the original name in 1984, because I agree with what you said. But, when we figured out that we could never get the University of Louisiana name again and would have to partner with another school and add a city tag is when we should have sought a variation of the name like Louisiana University or a more distinctive name like Acadiana University or even the University of South Louisiana and kept USL instead of going into bed with a school like Northeast Louisiana (a name they would have kept), letting them in the conference, and sharing an identity as ULX schools tied at the hip with a statewide and national perception that both schools are of equal standing academically and athletically.
    Please not South Louisiana. That's the name of the community college. Not a good idea at all!

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s.in_cajuns.html

Pretty good article besides the misspelling of "Rajin".

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    We need to keep fighting the fight, and not give up or give in because of petty people that have nothing better to do but worry about what others call themselves.
    The fight we're fighting now is like trench warfare was in WWI. Sure we're winning battles here and there but in 14 years, YES ITS BEEN FOURTEEN FREAKIN YEARS, we are really not much closer to our goal then we were when we started. We've moved the battle lines 3 or 4 miles but we've got to move them hundreds of miles to win the war.

It's time to think about changing strategies because I seriously doubt we'll ever win the war doing the same thing we've been doing for the past 14 years.

If ULM could be LSU@monroe the entire area would cream there jeans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    See above.

I don't want us to be called the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Something needs to change. We don't have to bow down to ULM, we just have to come up with a solution that they can live with so we can peruse our own goals.
    Our goal is "Louisiana". That is the solution they need to live with. Surrendering or giving up (just as you suggested with the ESPN announcers) will not achieve that solution.

11. Default UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say (another poll)

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is not attempting to drop "Lafayette" from its name, school officials said Wednesday, adding media reports criticizing a long-used nickname on the athletics side were a total surprise. Aaron Martin, UL-Lafayette .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The fight we're fighting now is like trench warfare was in WWI. Sure we're winning battles here and there but in 14 years, YES ITS BEEN FOURTEEN FREAKIN YEARS, we are really not much closer to our goal then we were when we started. We've moved the battle lines 3 or 4 miles but we've got to move them hundreds of miles to win the war.

It's time to think about changing strategies because I seriously doubt we'll ever win the war doing the same thing we've been doing for the past 14 years.
    You keep posting about changing strategies and something has to change.what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    You keep posting about changing strategies and something has to change.what would you suggest?
    I think he wants to give them Alsace Lorraine and Czechoslovakia. That will ensure world peace. Guaranteed!

Default Re: UL-Lafayette not planning name change, officials say

Jesus.they cant even spell "Ragin" right.

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    If it wasn't Mr. Bitter on the air with Jay, it sounded like him. Now, what about the "Baseball" reference??
    You can't miss Mr. Bitter. He repeats himself on every play. Has a commercial between each play. Gives out the phone numbers of each about 4-5 times. And every body is his friend at each and every establishment.

Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information