Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    You are delusional if you think we could ever do anything to make them happy that would also be acceptable to us.
    I love how you much confidence you have in things you can't possibly know.

But go ahead and keep thinking its impossible to accomplish anything at UL.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I love how you much confidence you have in things you can't possibly know.

But go ahead and keep thinking its impossible to accomplish anything at UL.

Now that we've gotten the personal ____ out of the way tell me what makes you think they will agree to our use of Louisiana and what we will have to or be willing to give up? Given all of their past history in this struggle what makes you believe you can achieve peace for our time? It's a serious question, Mr. Chamberlin.

3. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Rebel is a bad name, should be CajunAppeasement

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Now that we've gotten the personal ____ out of the way tell me what makes you think they will agree to our use of Louisiana and what we will have to or be willing to give up? Given all of their past history in this struggle what makes you believe you can achieve peace for our time? It's a serious question, Mr. Chamberlin.
    Because both sides are pretty damn unhappy with the current arrangement, and have an incentive to work together to change things for the better.

I don't know what the answer is but I think we can come up with something better than what we have today.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ULL was never a condition of changing the name, it was a suggestion.

Actually it was ULR (Rayne) that was suggested as an example option.
    which confused me . I thought they were referring to (ULR) Ruston!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Rebel reminds me of John McCain. Not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Because both sides are pretty damn unhappy with the current arrangement, and have an incentive to work together to change things for the better.

I don't know what the answer is but I think we can come up with something better than what we have today.
    Remember, Ray already made a deal with them. He helped or at least did not oppose conference membership for them in exchange for the name change. We made no secret of our ultimate goal regarding the name. They immediately tried to seize the name themselves with Smoke Laval using it initially for baseball and then their football team using it on helmets. It didn't catch on for them especially when the NCAA forced them to drop the Indians mascot. So they are being hypocrites today. And even if an accommodation could be reached, a million to one shot, I wouldn't trust any deal made with them.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Just to clarify the Joe Davis thing and his tweet this week.

Davis, you may or may not remember, was part of the Sun Belt Network. At the time, WW was commissioner and he was very vocal in making sure we were not called anything we wanted to be called.

Like everyone else (including most of you,) Davis is going to listen to whoever writes the check.

He (incorrectly) assumed the policy still held true, which was why he used it exclusively. The conference this week clarified its stance.

So Davis wasn't (intentionally) throwing anyone under the bus. ESPN will use whatever a school is known by on a national basis.

UAB used to be called Alabama at Birmingham. But they pounded UAB to where that's how they're known as. And, ESPN uses it.

That's the best example that comes to my incredibly tired mind.

Default Re: Tabby Sonnier finally did it!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    She just wrote her team's death sentence. HUD is going to make them say our name.
    I hope our kids at the ULM game start a chant or cheer based on "Make them say our name," or just "Say our name," or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The name game between the University of Louisiana at Monroe and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette was originally intended to benefit both schools.

But now, it appears one of the schools seeks to establish itself as "the University of Louisiana" by dropping any reference to Lafayette in apparent violation of the state law that established the University of Louisiana system.

I see the Alexandria Clown Talk also carried this article.

Not surprising--the two towns with the most redneck idiots in the state . and that's saying something.

Let's get something straight here. Right now, the official name of our university is the Univeristy of Louisiana at Lafayette. This is what we call ourselves everywhere that doesn't involve football. And when it does involve football most people still call us Louisiana-Lafayette anyway. Are you really happy with this?????? Do you think this is somehow going to magically change one day????? Do you think the LSUs and ULMs of the world are going to stop caring about this????? The situation we're in today is completely unacceptable and I don't know why people like you are okay with it.

It's about trying to get our rightful name with a solution that will get our opponents on our side. I don't know what the answer is but we've got to shoot for something better than the status quo. What we're doing is not working and we've got to come up with a different strategy.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Davis, you may or may not remember, was part of the Sun Belt Network. At the time, WW was commissioner and he was very vocal in making sure we were not called anything we wanted to be called.

Like everyone else (including most of you,) Davis is going to listen to whoever writes the check.

He (incorrectly) assumed the policy still held true, which was why he used it exclusively. The conference this week clarified its stance.

So Davis wasn't (intentionally) throwing anyone under the bus. ESPN will use whatever a school is known by on a national basis.

UAB used to be called Alabama at Birmingham. But they pounded UAB to where that's how they're known as. And, ESPN uses it.

Get some rest Jaybird.double Tuesday night traveling has got to wear on you. Got a long weekend and a home stretch.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Good game Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I really don't care much about the whole name thing.

But F____ Monroe. Sit home while we're bowling, you bunch of sour-pusses. Same for the Technecks.
    You mispelled 'Teckneck'.

Poor ULM, they really are the victims here. We started this whole thing, and they have taken the high road all along.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    See above.

I don't want us to be called the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Something needs to change. We don't have to bow down to ULM, we just have to come up with a solution that they can live with so we can peruse our own goals.

Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information