Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

This article needs to be defended on the TDA website. Already there are comments being made that the university is somehow trying to bully other schools and orginizations into using the UL name. Nothing could be further from the truth. We're simply trying to promote our school in the best light possible as any other school would do. I'd do this myself but I'm the last person on earth who is not a facebook member.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If they FIX the loophole, move for a name change. As Basin Bear said, change to Louisiana University, so there is no confusion on our being remotely considered the Flagship of the UL System. It is something we should have done anyway. All of this could have been avoided with just the tiniest bit of vision by Dr. Authement.
    Louisiana University would never get approval from the legislature.

If it is true that a name change by one school forces a name change by the other school, then a closing of the loophole would require a name change by us.

The 2 choices would be USL, University of South Louisiana, or University of Acadiana.

I prefer University of Acadiana. It's original, culturally significant, and very marketable. See my avatar.

3. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

You mean even Evil U in Baton Rouge Hammer?

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

One thing is clear to me. If we ever want to "win" this fight we're going to have to come to some sort of agreement with ULM and the Louisiana State Legislature. If not we'll be fighting this battle for decades to come.

We want to be called Louisiana. And ULM doesn't want that because they don't want to be seen as a secondary school to us. I get that. We need to get together with them and come up with a solution we can both agree on, because as things stand today neither school is happy.

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You mean even Evil U in Baton Rouge Hammer?
    Every last one of them.

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

They can give us the pharmacy school, and we can keep quiet. LOL There is no common ground.

7. Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

ULL was never a condition of changing the name, it was a suggestion.

Actually it was ULR (Rayne) that was suggested as an example option.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    One thing is clear to me. If we ever want to "win" this fight we're going to have to come to some sort of agreement with ULM and the Louisiana State Legislature. If not we'll be fighting this battle for decades to come.

We want to be called Louisiana. And ULM doesn't want that because they don't want to be seen as a secondary school to us. I get that. We need to get together with them and come up with a solution we can both agree on, because as things stand today neither school is happy.
    You are delusional if you think we could ever do anything to make them happy that would also be acceptable to us.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

When last night was over, we were called the most important name there is-WINNER. Let's keep playing like we have in the last 6 quarters so we get to keep that name.

Envy (from Latin invidia) is a resentment which "occurs when someone lacks another's quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it."

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Envy (from Latin invidia) is a resentment which "occurs when someone lacks another's quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it."
    We need a big banner with that on it to display at the game with the Hoax.

12. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When last night was over, we were called the most important name there is-WINNER. Let's keep playing like we have in the last 6 quarters so we get to keep that name.
    We were also called Louisiana on many occasions last night. We can have both Mike do not put a limit on what can happen. Being called winner is the expected even if your school is Littlest U.

a f'n politician talking about abuse? of a law? are you f'n kidding me? if that isnt the most hypocritical statement i have ever heard in my f'n life.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Mon freres - Please forgive me for preaching to the choir, but the phase "actions speak louder than words" comes to mind. They won't hear it as long as WE are saying our nameSo the only resolution is.MAKE THEM SAY OUR NAME!!!!!! LOUISIANA!!!!! FOREVER!!!!! STOMP a mudhole in every opponent until they say Louisiana

laws were made to be broken. errr. changed/ repealed.

Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information