Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

I see that Todd Huckleberry Finn could have stayed out of the fray, but decided to put bulletin board material out there.
    "I understand what they've tried to do. From what I understand its against state law to do it, but I guess it doesn't go over to athletics. I guess their university doesn't deal with the athletic program and they can do what they want."

I hope Hud sees this somehow and puts a 40 burger on them.

And that LTUR fan stating that all universities should be worried? You know you're losing an arguement when you have to start pulling other people into your fight.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I see that Todd Huckleberry Finn could have stayed out of the fray, but decided to put bulletin board material out there.
    "I understand what they've tried to do. From what I understand its against state law to do it, but I guess it doesn't go over to athletics. I guess their university doesn't deal with the athletic program and they can do what they want."

And that LTUR fan stating that all universities should be worried? You know you're losing an arguement when you have to start pulling other people into your fight.
    Only 40?

I'd be disappointed if we only hung 40 on these frauds.

And on the LTUR board, it appears that some think that the media have to follow the statute.

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Here's how a professional journalist addresses the issue. Tabby, I know you are reading, I hope you take notes.

Anyone else notice how tabby deleted all the comments on the article from last night??? She is so butt hurt!

This article is pathetic!!! Instead of trying to better yourself, and. Your school, let's just try to bring everyone else down to our level!!! It's like all those evil rich people that need to pay their "fair share" of taxes. Instead of working hard and trying to succeed, let's just try to hurt those who have worked hard and are successful! Worry about you own damn school and quit this obsession of trying to prevent our school from looking any better than yours!!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

I know I saw a link on here sometime back about calling us Louisiana. It was a very well written article and I want to say it was written by our SID.

Does anyone still have that link?

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

And they DEFINETLY gave our team great pub . there were several instances where they (and also the guys back at Bristol during halftime) said how dominating we were . this game could change a lot of things for us.

Now, on to homecoming . and let's not need Hud to remind us . invite a friend, even if it is someone else's friend let's more than pack the stadium for the rest of the season!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

9. Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I have not seen anything from our University stating that we are wanting to brand ourselves Athletically as "UL". I do know that we officially wish to brand ourselves Athletically as "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. That kind of inaccuracy is just what our friends up North need to stir up more false crap. I have also not seen any official move by our University to drop the "at Lafayette" from our full academic name, "The University of Louisiana at Lafayette". We fans and supporters always refer to ourselves as the University of Louisiana. The University never does this as it is against state law. Lets get this right .
    What shocks me is the contention that the city tag was somehow something new.

The city tag has always applied to LSU, to USL, to every institution in the state. Somehow they think it only applies to Louisiana and ULM.

Here is a link to a .pdf file I downloaded (then uploaded) many moons ago. university_of_louisiana_system_bylaws.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post

You beat me to it. Todd Berry is the biggest douchebag of them all in this article. Maybe he should worry abotu his coaching abilities and trying to avoid looking like a fool in national TV. Maybe Tabby should stick to asking sports questions such as "Coach Berry, why did you blitz 11 players in a game that was already lost and leave receivers uncovered to run free to the endzone and make you look like a foolish _____?"

And then there's the Tech fans. You knwo those great "partners" that only have the best interest of ulm at heart. The same Tech fans who refused to play them in all sports because ulm was so beneath them academically and athlettically. The same Tech fans whodreamed of taking over LSUS and its medical school and proclaimed themselves the "flagship" of north Louisiana. The same Tech fans who the stated that as the "flagship of north Louisiana" one of the first orders of business would be to close Grambling, absorb the pharmacy school and close ulm or make it a 2 year feeder for Tech. Yeah, ulm shouldlisten to their great buddies at Tech and worry about what UL calls itself. If they let Tech use them like a sock puppet to do th edirty work that Tech doesnt want to do themselves then they are bigger idiots than I thought.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "The article says" does not make it so and lumping the three terms together is deceitful spin.

As far as branching into different schools is concerned, only in Louisiana is it possible to start a "brand new to you too U." every time an existing university needs to expand.

In 1939 UL became the second largest school in the state and needed to expand, the State established McNeese that very year. After WWII, UL was busting at the seams and needed to expand, Nicholls was established. When the same thing happened again a school was opened in Eunice. All those areas were in UL's original charter back in 1898.

In ANY other state those would be UL schools.

On the other hand ULM never received the 2/3 vote required by the Louisiana Constitution to become a school in the first place.
    And If we apply the judges ruling in the 1984 case that our name change by the governing board was illegal and had to retroactiviley change back then Tech has to go back to being Louisiana Polytechnic since their name change occurred by the same method. The same holds true for all the other whiney Lilliputians.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVAQUE View Post
    Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.
    Wax on, Wax off.Wax that AA_____$$$$!!!

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Grambling State University at Grambling
    Louisiana Tech University at Ruston
    McNeese State University at Lake Charles
    Nicholls State University at Thibodaux
    Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches
    Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond
    University of Louisiana at Lafayette
    University of Louisiana at Monroe (Revision approved 8/27/99)

Freaking double standard

It's a policy of the UL system. But it says nothing about referring to yourself as "Louisiana".

http://www.ulsystem.net/assets/docs/.e_policies.pdf

Tabby is upset about a team that HER team did not even play last night because of some TV exposure. Whatever. After the crap they said to us before we waxed that team's rear end last year, nothing would make me happier than for a nice victory against them here, and for the rest of ULM's community to tell her to just give it up.

15. Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The caveat: The universities had to attach their municipalities to the name.
    Not a "caveat" a reiteration of a long standing tradition.

Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information