As I dose off

UL6%

ULL 16%

Louisiana(Your vote) 42%

Louisiana-Lafayette 28%

Better than UL-Monroe 0%

I still call it USL 5%
    What were you dosing, Turbine?

2. UL Football Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

So now Tabby is running smoke for the losers. Instead of asking why their team sucks, she is fixated on UL.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Seems pretty clear that ULL partnered up with ULM in 1999 in order to get the name change and now regrets it. Thems the breaks.

Never understood the big stink about the name.

Default Re: Cajuns fight to be 'Louisiana'

I have not seen anything from our University stating that we are wanting to brand ourselves Athletically as "UL". I do know that we officially wish to brand ourselves Athletically as "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. That kind of inaccuracy is just what our friends up North need to stir up more false crap. I have also not seen any official move by our University to drop the "at Lafayette" from our full academic name, "The University of Louisiana at Lafayette". We fans and supporters always refer to ourselves as the University of Louisiana. The University never does this as it is against state law. Lets get this right .

5. UL Football Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I notice in the article that President Bruno of ULM and his Athletics Director did not make a stink about itboth stated that they have ULM to worry about.not what someone else calls themselves.this woman who wrote this is on a vendetta
    Tabby is the front man for ULM. I mean front woman. She does the heavy lifting while the president pretends to be above the fray. One can only wonder if there is enough political pull to change the law again, or in Louisiana simply read into law what is not there.

Default Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

Quote Originally Posted by Camz View Post
    Seems pretty clear that ULL partnered up with ULM in 1999 in order to get the name change and now regrets it. Thems the breaks.

Never understood the big stink about the name.
    Huh??????? There is nothing wrong with branding ourselves Athletically as Louisiana. As for the official name of the University, it is The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. That is what's printed of every diploma issued by the University. Every diploma issued by "L.S.U." has the official name "Louisiana State University A&M College at Baton Rouge". Perhaps that should be posted on their Football scoreboard. A University that is not a "Flagship" University of its system, Nevada-Reno has branded itself the "Nevada" Wolfpack. See That works just fine So does "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns".

Perhaps someone can point out the Federal or State law that states only "Flagship" institutions are allowed to do what UL is doing????

Default Re: Joe Davis and David Diaz-Infante

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    ESPN guys called us everything from Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns, to Louisiana Lafayette. Think it has more to do with habit (and reading notes that were already printed) than trying to talk down on the Cajuns. I think now that everyone has been called out and the Sun Belt has ran away from any controversy with the name, ESPN will slowly turn towards the "Louisiana' name.
    Davis looked like he made a conscious effort to use "Louisiana" though he did backslide a number of times but that was likely habit. I appreciate his effort. Even Diaz-Infante dropped a "Louisiana" once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I hope we get the NOLA bowl committee to wait until Nov 30th, and offer us the bowl invite on the fieldbefore kickoff against ULM!!!!!

____ ULM!!!
    That would be sweet. However, the NO Bowl will not wait that long. They'll be prepared to offer an invite at the NMSU game, homecoming, on 11/2. Earliest bowl invite ever.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whiney-assed Hoax _____es crying on the Advertiser. We are being "bullies".

Nicholas Fenner
    They were only called "University of Louisiana" for about a month in their 115-year history, and have been called "University of Louisiana at Lafayette" since 1999. Never have they ever branched out into separate schools to make ULM, Nicholls, UNO, etc. To expect others to refer to them as "UL" or "Louisiana" is absolutely ridiculous. They can't seriously expect the dozen or more other colleges in Louisiana to accept their exclusive claim to the state's name. I'm proud to claim I went to school in Monroe, so I'd rather the name of my school be said in full. This article says it all though; they want to be called "University of Louisiana," "UL," and "Louisiana" to try and say they are the best university in the state. They're a quality school on their own merits, without the need to be such a bully over their name.

Scott Warhawk Simoneaux
    As someone who is a proud Warhawk from ULM but grew up in the Lafayette area knowing this university, I would like to respectfully point out my dislike for UL Lafayette's desire to be called Louisiana. When you point out that Texas at Austin is referred to as simply Texas as a reason for wanting to be called Louisiana, you forget the fact that UT Austin is the flagship university of that system and that is why they are referred to often as the University of Texas. UL Lafayette is on the same level with ULM and is not the flagship university of the system. Second, there is a law that prevents any university in Louisiana from referring to themselves as Louisiana as stated in this link http://… Continue Reading

Suck it Hoax !!!!!!!!!!

But what about us?!!!!! Waaaaahhhhhhhawks.

Didn't any of you realize we were "partners"?

____ you, Tabby. Suck it Hoax.

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Considering UL is the flagship university of their respective system, just like the above mentioned, they would just call us Louisiana.

Oh wait
    Where is the Federal or Louisiana State law that states were only a "Flagship" university can do this??? BTW, check Nevada Wolf Pack/UNLV.OMG!!!!! No Flagship??? This must be wrong!

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Opponents View: ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false ima

I saw Tabby went and got some Louisiana legislators for input. I would ask some of you who have posting privilege to the Gannet papers ask some really important questions.

Let's start with this for the LaTech representative. Did not LTU declare themselves the FLAGSHIP university of North Louisiana when they attempted the LSUS coup? How did that not reduce ULM in the eyes of potential students.

How does our athletic branding UL, or specificity Louisiana do that at all?

Last year when UNO transferred to the ULS, their president declared UNO to be the Flagship of the ULS. UL has never done either of these things.

How does declaring our use of Louisiana cost ULM a dime in state revenue? How about that LaTech representative fight for the universities he pretends to work for, and keep budget cutting Bobby Jindal from striping our universities of virtually all resources.

Why did LSU get to steal most of the UNO research projects when they were moved to the ULS?

So many problems for ULM, LTU, McNeese, SLU, Nicholls, of course Grambling, and not a single one has anything to do with what we label our football team. Yet these ignorant fans, and universities insist on attacking the one group that has never taken a single dime from them.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Tabby is the front man for ULM. I mean front woman. She does the heavy lifting while the president pretends to be above the fray. One can only wonder if there is enough political pull to change the law again, or in Louisiana simply read into law what is not there.
    You're talking political suicide. I guarantee that if they successfully push a name bill through the legislature, they will never get our help on anything they need ever again.They will die on the vine. Faster.

15. Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Fenner

They were only called "University of Louisiana" for about a month in their 115-year history, and have been called "University of Louisiana at Lafayette" since 1999. Never have they ever branched out into separate schools to make ULM, Nicholls, UNO, etc. To expect others to refer to them as "UL" or "Louisiana" is absolutely ridiculous. They can't seriously expect the dozen or more other colleges in Louisiana to accept their exclusive claim to the state's name. I'm proud to claim I went to school in Monroe, so I'd rather the name of my school be said in full. This article says it all though; they want to be called "University of Louisiana," "UL," and "Louisiana" to try and say they are the best university in the state. They're a quality school on their own merits, without the need to be such a bully over their name.
    "The article says" does not make it so and lumping the three terms together is deceitful spin.

As far as branching into different schools is concerned, only in Louisiana is it possible to start a "brand new to you too U." every time an existing university needs to expand.

In 1939 UL became the second largest school in the state and needed to expand, the State established McNeese that very year. After WWII, UL was busting at the seams and needed to expand, Nicholls was established. When the same thing happened again a school was opened in Eunice. All those areas were in UL's original charter back in 1898.

In ANY other state those would be UL schools.

On the other hand ULM never received the 2/3 vote required by the Louisiana Constitution to become a school in the first place.

Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information