Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: 2013 Staking a Claim for Louisiana

Default Re: Sun Belt gives ESPN reign on UL name

Quote Originally Posted by tetragrammaton View Post
    Shouldn't it be "rein"? or "reins"? Just sayin'.
    No. 'Reign", meaning "Sovereignty" or "Authority" is correct.

Default Re: guess we will see

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Am I the only one who sees "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" after the bolded quote? If the Conference was REALLY ok with Louisiana for us, they would have changed their website long ago, and sent out memos to all media outlets that the only acceptable branding is "Louisiana".

This little leak today is just to shut us up for a while.
    Actually the quote from Karl was "Its cool, call them what they want. Whatever. Now I'm late for my tee time."

Am I the only one who sees "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" after the bolded quote? If the Conference was REALLY ok with Louisiana for us, they would have changed their website long ago, and sent out memos to all media outlets that the only acceptable branding is "Louisiana".

This little leak today is just to shut us up for a while.
    The announcer for the game tonight.Davis is the last name i think was interviewed on 103.7 this morning and stated he will use Ragin Cajuns mostly and would not have a problem using Louisiana also becuase Louisiana-Lafayette is a mouthful. We shall see.

No. 'Reign", meaning "Sovereignty" or "Authority" is correct.
    I figured that works as well. Just wasn't sure. No biggie.

I wonder if the thread started on the Sun Belt fan board has been sent to smack yetVO's 1 day old record for being sent to smack in record time could be smashed.lol

The guy who posted it over there doesn't have Mathenis following him around like a little puppy yet. It is coming though. I gotta say, I love how a couple of ULM guys are saying that they are fine with "Louisiana"; we just can't say UL. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The only name that matters is being called winner when the night is over. I don't care if they ULL us all night long as long as we win. Being called Louisiana is meaningless if we do not win the game and in fact will cause us to look foolish if we do not win as our focus will have been misplaced. Fortunately, I am sure Coach Hud and the team are not worried about this issue, but are zeroed in on what it takes to defeat the Red Wolves. That should also be where we as a a fanbase should put our energy for the next few hours.
    I want to WIN the game tonight & be called LOUISIANA, at the same time. Whoa!

I sent the following to Tim Buckley regarding one part of his article that wasn't exactly clear.

"Appreciate your article about the UL name issue. One minor point of clarification for your story. The University of Louisiana at Monroe has made it clear that they wish to brand themselves athletically as "ULM". They do not like UL Monroe or Louisiana-Monroe. The administration and fans of the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns have never objected to their desired branding. In fact we welcome it. We at UL just wish they would allow us the same right to control our own branding rather than try to dictate what they think others should call UL.

Thanks again,"

Louisiana Advertiser Poll on best name for University

Uhhhhhh, WTH?

Acadiana Sports (@acadianasports) tweeted at 4:49 PM on Tue, Oct 22, 2013:VOTE: UL? ULL? Or do you still call it USL?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/poll/2013-10-22/7498919/

Not even a choice for "Louisiana"?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It was before, but does that mean just for tonight. Also, does that mean SBC office will no longer refer to Louisiana-Monroe as ULM?
    No way ESPN gets themselves in that trap. They are now and forever ULM.

The Woe Hoax made their bed, first, when they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into changing their name from Northeast Louisiana and second, when they went for the ULM label. Now they have to lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    would not have a problem using Louisiana also becuase Louisiana-Lafayette is a mouthful. We shall see.
    That's definitely the whole point of "Louisiana" as an unofficial athletic branding moniker.

I'm sick of these announcers butchering and getting tongue-tied over "Louisiana-Lafayette."

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
    No way ESPN gets themselves in that trap. They are now and forever ULM.

The Woe Hoax made their bed, first, when they had to be dragged kicking and screaming into changing their name from Northeast Louisiana and second, when they went for the ULM label. Now they have to lie in it.
    ULM branding is brilliant actually.

It is a shame some there would rather cut off their nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ULM branding is brilliant actually.

It is a shame some there would rather cut off their nose.
    Well, I agree.

The University of California at Los Angeles seems fine with their moniker "UCLA" and doesn't _____ at The University of California at Berkeley for being called "California" or "Cal."

Default Re: Advertiser Poll

There is option for Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
    Well, I agree.

The University of California at Los Angeles seems fine with their moniker "UCLA" and doesn't _____ at The University of California at Berkeley for being called "California" or "Cal."
    UCLA flows as does ULM. Unlike ULL and UCB

Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information