Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball . Robe on BEV

UL Baseball Baseball . Robe on BEV

Anybody knows who made the roster,and who got red shirted

2. UL Baseball Re: baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Dad02 View Post
    _ Anybody knows who made the roster,and who got red shirted _
    Do they decide this early? I thought they decided in the Spring.

If coach does decide right after Fall Ball I would be interested as well.

Default Re: baseball

yes the only one that i know didn't get red shirted is bowmen

It is a safe bet that Griffen and most likely Fontenot will not be redshirted. I am not surprised Bowman was not redshirted. I stated in an earlier post that these 3 will not be redshirted and the others will most likely unless there is an injury or poor play from an upperclassman.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ It is a safe bet that Griffen and most likely Fontenot will not be redshirted. I am not surprised Bowman was not redshirted. I stated in an earlier post that these 3 will not be redshirted and the others will most likely unless there is an injury or poor play from an upperclassman. _
    Robe will be on Bird's Eye View next week with the scoop. Normally this would be the week he'd be on, but I'm out all week.

I can tell you thisvery few freshmen are being redshirted.

I thought Matt Goulas played really well in the series and may get a shot in the outfield. Also Tyler looks to have a ton of potential and a great frame at 3rd base.

Both these players will have to beat out upperclassmen to earn a spot. Unless they are that much better than the guys ahead of them I don't think I would pull the redshirt.

There are some good looking freshmen pitchers but there is also a bunch of upperclass with experience already on this roster. Unless these guys have draft potential in 3 years I would redshirt them. I would guess 1 or 2 lefty freshmen such as Leif Dubois may make the team to give us some lefty's in the bullpen.

Default Re: Baseball

when will bird's eye view come on, and what station

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Robe will be on Bird's Eye View next week with the scoop. Normally this would be the week he'd be on, but I'm out all week.

I can tell you thisvery few freshmen are being redshirted. _
    So you are saying that some upper classmen who might have played key roles in the past could have been cut.

Default Re: Baseball

_ when will bird's eye view come on, and what station _
    http://www.espn1420.com/page.php?page=local%20shows

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ So you are saying that some upper classmen who might have played key roles in the past could have been cut. _
    If you didn't have a chance to watch some of the fall series, we have some very talented freshmen. It will be interesting to see how many true freshmen and redshirt freshmen made the squad. You can expect the same next year if all make it to campus, after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru View Post
    _ If you didn't have a chance to watch some of the fall series, we have some very talented freshmen. It will be interesting to see how many true freshmen and redshirt freshmen made the squad. You can expect the same next year if all make it to campus, after the draft. _
    I had a chance to watch the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games. I agree, we have some very talented freshmen. I just figured that it would come down to simple math. You hate to waste a red-shirt year if the player will not contribute a hole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ I had a chance to watch the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games. I agree, we have some very talented freshmen. I just figured that it would come down to simple math. You hate to waste a red-shirt year if the player will not contribute a hole lot. _
    With the NCAA mandate that the season start later, we will play four games a week this season. The pitching staff and bench will be stretched. Also, the Cajuns will loose most of their pitching staff. Farquhar, Wilbourn, Hawkins and Harmon will get drafted. So we need these kids to get experience this year. That is why the staff recruited more JC's for the early signing period.

UL Baseball Re: baseball

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Robe will be on Bird's Eye View next week with the scoop. Normally this would be the week he'd be on, but I'm out all week.

I can tell you thisvery few freshmen are being redshirted. _
    What day will he be on

_ What day will he be on _
    Tomorrow. 4pm. Maybe a little earlier.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Robe on BEV

Read on Delphi that BOP will have Coach Robe on his show here in a few minutes, during the 4pm hour. Supposed to be talking a lot about the roster and stuff like that.

Tune in!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information