Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Game in The Bahamas

Default Bowl Game in The Bahamas

Looks like they are adding 4 or 5 bowls for smaller conferences only, including 1 in The Bahamas. I am not sure that the additional bowls are needed, as this would increase it to 86 eligible bowl teams each season. Even though the Bahamas Bowl poses logistical, financial, and safety nightmares, I would love to see 15,000 Cajuns taking over the beaches of the Bahamas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.mas-boca-raton

Default Re: Bowl Game in The Bahamas

Beat me to it

NO

Better than Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Better than Shreveport.
    In every way imaginable other than the one way that matters (selling tickets to us).

No way 15,000 fans go to Bahamas.IMO.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Waaay too many bowl games.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    In every way imaginable other than the one way that matters (selling tickets to us).
    I'd like to know what the payout would be. I would think a bowl game in The Bahamas would at least come with a big fat payout to offset the increased travel costs and entice a school to pick them over other bowls.

I'd imagine it would be something similar to the Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl. Not AS expensive to travel, but still costly because everyone who attends would HAVE to fly (or take a long boat ride), and from what I remember hearing pretty much everybody loses money going to the Hawai'i Bowl.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

A bowl game would be one hell of an excursion for a 4 day cruise

A flight from NOLA to Miami will set you back about $300.00. From there you could take a Cuban Cruise.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    A bowl game would be one hell of an excursion for a 4 day cruise
    That was my first thought too, the bowl game should contract with a cruise company to put together a bowl package. Save a certain number of cabins until the teams are announced, have a package that includes a ticket and transportation from the port to the stadium. You could have exclusive tailgate parties on the ship beforehand, set up activities were the fans from opposite schools compete on the way there and so on. I would be in it would be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I'd like to know what the payout would be. I would think a bowl game in The Bahamas would at least come with a big fat payout to offset the increased travel costs and entice a school to pick them over other bowls.
    Bowl games do not have payouts. Each school has to buy (discounted) tickets with a face value of the announced payout. If you don't sell enough tickets, you lose money; hence every school loses their butt on the Hawaii bowl

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Bowl games do not have payouts. Each school has to buy (discounted) tickets with a face value of the announced payout. If you don't sell enough tickets, you lose money; hence every school loses their butt on the Hawaii bowl
    Yes they do, for example the payout for the New Orleans Bowl is roughly $500,000 per team, now after you figure in conference revenue sharing each team goes home with less than that. You are correct that each team has to buy X amount of tickets and if they don't sell them they will lose money, see UCONN in the sugar bowl a few years ago

Here's the link that shows you the payout for each bowl
    http://www.ncaafootball.com/Bowls.aspx

ETA: the safety concerns with playing in the Bahamas would be no different than any other bowl game played in a big city such as: New Orleans, New York, Miami, Detroit, etc.

Bahamas v Detroit in winter. Not much to debate. Been to both.gimme da beach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information