Thread: SBC Week 6 Schedule

UL Football SBC Week 6 Schedule

October 3

• * Western Kentucky at Louisiana-Monroe - 6:30 PM (ESPNU)

October 5
    • Georgia State at Alabama - 11:21 AM (SEC Network)
    • * South Alabama at Troy - 12 PM (Sun Belt Network)
    • * Texas State at Louisiana - 6 PM (RCN/ESPN3)

Default Re: SBC Week 6 Schedule

Western may roll over ulm.

GSU-ranked #125 vs. Alabama-ranked #1.

South Al @ Troy may be the game of the week. Toss up. We'll see how much South Al has really improved.

USA should make quick work of Troy. Troy barely beat a crap UAB team and their only other win this season comes from a FCS school in Savannah State.

USA beat Tulane.and I think I can stop right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    USA should make quick work of Troy. Troy barely beat a crap UAB team and their only other win this season comes from a FCS school in Savannah State.

USA beat Tulane.and I think I can stop right there.
    Making assumptions based on their record alone doesn't do Troy justice. They also pushed and nearly beat ASU at ASU to begin SBC play. Had they not been bitten by the turnover bug, they win that game going away. Their QB throws for a ton of yards and their offense is amongst the best in the SBC. Having said that, I also think this will be the game to watch for sure in the SBC and it will truly tell us where USA is as a program and whether they can win the league because Troy won't win it this year but I would bet money that they will have a hand in who is crowned at the end of the year.

Agreed, current season record doesn't do Troy justice, but let's be honest.ever since they've started with admission standards their quality of 'dumb-as-brick' players has suffered and it's tough to recruit where they are. troy finished in the middle last year with wins over n. texas, usa, and fiu (in conference). the loses they suffered were by at least 10 points. they won against uab last year 39-29, this year they had to do it in OT.

all that i'm saying is that i really like usa, what they are doing, and the momentum they have behind their program. i just think troy is complacent, and ill.

Quote Originally Posted by ULalum06 View Post
    Agreed, current season record doesn't do Troy justice, but let's be honest.ever since they've started with admission standards their quality of 'dumb-as-brick' players has suffered and it's tough to recruit where they are. troy finished in the middle last year with wins over n. texas, usa, and fiu (in conference). the loses they suffered were by at least 10 points. they won against uab last year 39-29, this year they had to do it in OT.

all that i'm saying is that i really like usa, what they are doing, and the momentum they have behind their program. i just think troy is complacent, and ill.
    I also think that USA is in a good place and on Cajunredzone, I did a little "power ranking" thingie and I actually have them #1. However, I think Troy is consistently amongst the more talented teams in our league, mostly on offense but nonetheless, they are dangerous but largely inconsistent. This makes them dangerous to both the SBC and themselves. I still want to see more of USA before I really praise them as the next kings but this weekend will be a great test for them

Thread Information