Thread: Hudspeth hates the concept of splitting college athletics

1. UL Football Hudspeth hates the concept of splitting college athletics

Ask Mark Hudspeth what how he feels about big-budget schools somehow separating from their current smaller-bankroll FBS brethren if they don't soon see the NCAA governance reform they want, and the Ragin' Cajuns coach leaves no question as to where he stands.

He abhors the notion.

Default Re: Hudspeth hates the concept of splitting college athletics

i agree with coach hud

NCAA is just terrible. Worse than congress

NCAA has some 251 "committees"

i for one will understand if the coach has a different "o-pine" in the future and that will be a good thing for the home team

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    i for one will understand if the coach has a different "o-pine" in the future
    This. Does anyone expect Hud to say it's a great idea when he's at a non-BCS school? If he ends up at a major conference school in the future, he will not "abhor" the idea.

6. Default Re: Hudspeth hates the concept of splitting college athletics

Hud can only judge it from his current paradigm.

He abhors it.

Considering HUD came to UL from an AQ Conference, I think he has a balanced viewpoint

Not as a head coach. When they're putting the dollars in his pocket, he won't be complaining.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by burdman View Post
    Not as a head coach. When they're putting the dollars in his pocket, he won't be complaining.
    I still think he has a balanced view, Hud knows he is career is on a certain tragectory.

To assume that his opinion would do a 180 under a different paradigm, is to claim 100% endorsement from every admin at every AQ school.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

There are just as many "BCS coaches" that are destined to move "down" as there are "non BCS coaches" destined to move "up". Rather than evaluate what Hud might think when he perhaps ends up in the "BCS", people should remind the current BCS coaches how very likely many of them will end up in other than the big buck programs.

You're right. My bad for speaking in such absolutes. But, I really find it hard to believe that he would blast the split if he was employed by a school that was in that group. Coaches at those schools would only make more money than they already are if the split happens. Maybe he would still hate it on the inside, but not enough from taking a job if it came along.

And to me if you abhor something, you would never have anything to do with it. If the proposed split happens down the road, do you think Hud would decline a job at one of those schools? Or resign from his position if he was already with one?

I don't.

11. Default

You're right. My bad for speaking in such absolutes. But, I really find it hard to believe that he would blast the split if he was employed by a school that was in that group. Coaches at those schools would only make more money than they already are if the split happens. Maybe he would still hate it on the inside, but not enough from taking a job if it came along.

And to me if you abhor something, you would never have anything to do with it. If the proposed split happens down the road, do you think Hud would decline a job at one of those schools? Or resign from his position if he was already with one?

I don't.
    No I don't think it would be a deal killer, but a prudent coach could still abhore it.

If the new league can't pad their schedules, half the teams will be good or decent while the other half will be bad or atrocious.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I don't.
    He isn't abhorring the competition at that level. He isn't abhorring the coaching challenge at that level. He abhors the principle that the haves create a locked system that disallows new membership. Perhaps, if/when he is part of it, he will still state his dislike of it. I know people that join the ranks of the privileged every day through their own hard work, and then work very hard once among the privileged to remove barriers for others less privileged. He may not be that principled. but until he actually gets tested. I'm not saying he isn't. He can bench 225 pounds 25 times. I'm not going to question his values and principles without a substantial amount of proof. and some distance. and some body guards. and a legal staff. Did I mention that he can bench 225 pounds 25 times. at age 44?

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Ask Mark Hudspeth what how he feels about big-budget schools somehow separating from their current smaller-bankroll FBS brethren if they don't soon see the NCAA governance reform they want, and the Ragin' Cajuns coach leaves no question as to where he stands.

He abhors the notion.

If big time college athletics loses the illusion of being amateur it will hurt itself.

Thread Information