Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

1. UL Football Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    +1 to Turbine-his first four years were improvements before stagnant water in the last 5. I truly believe he wasnt the only one that could have taken us up a couple of notches from where tooth pick left us.

jmo
    Well you may think that but you would be WRONG. He was the only qualified applicant we had after Toothpick. You do understand the word qualified and only? Yes we absolutely could have found somebody to take the job, but HE WAS the ONLY qualified applicant. At least that a person on the selection committee told me. I trust this person to impart absolute truth in this.

Always glad we got Ricky, and always wish nothing but the best for him and his family.

Default Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

yea i know what qualified means. and YOU may think i'm wrong, it doesn't mean i am. i have an opinion as well as you, and also like you, know people real close to the situation. not saying it was the wrong hire.

coming from VT just off a loss in the national championship it was an EASY decision. hindsight is always great.

Ricky Bustle brought integrity and character back to the UL head football coaching position. He also won some games, and put us in a position to hire Hud.

We all wish he would have won more. But that's over. From all accounts he is a good man, and I hope he succeeds every time he coaches, unless it's against us.

4. UL Football Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    yea i know what qualified means. and YOU may think i'm wrong, it doesn't mean i am. i have an opinion as well as you, and also like you, know people real close to the situation. not saying it was the wrong hire.

coming from VT just off a loss in the national championship it was an EASY decision. hindsight is always great.
    OK, I will be specific. No FBS or FCS head coache applied, no other AQ defensive or offensive coordinators applied. Maybe a division II, or III head coach did. Maybe an FCS offensive or defensive coordinator applied. So yes Ricky was the only qualified applicant at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    OK, I will be specific. No FBS or FCS head coache applied, no other AQ defensive or offensive coordinators applied. Maybe a division II, or III head coach did. Maybe an FCS offensive or defensive coordinator applied. So yes Ricky was the only qualified applicant at that time.
    by those standards coach hud doesnt qualify.

Hud's qualifications and resume was strong before he got here, winner as a Head Coach everywhere he had been and more importantly the Passing Game Coordinator at Miss State, similar to an assistant OC at an SEC school. We had guys apply that fit the description above, but Hud's resume was just too damn good to pass up. Like he said we had none that qualified after Baldwin, we chose a guy over "qualified" applicants after Bustle. That my friend is the difference.

7. UL Football Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

You right. So anybody can meet the requirement of being qualified in your opinion. I think Hud had a ton of history, and experience. Was a known recruiter, and was rising fast at Mississippi State. By the way did Hud apply back then or anyone who has risen to prominence? If so please let us know.

8. Default Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

Bustle was the right man for the job at the time.

He brought a lot of gridiron recruiting cred coming off the national championship, not unlike Stokley at the time of his hire.

He and the HC, Rod Broadway have Louisiana connections. Broadway was the coach at Grambling in the late 2000's. People forget he wasa defensive assistant under Steve Spurrier and Bob Stoops at Florida for a long time. Dude can coach! Bustle is a great addition. I hope he can work his way back up to big time ball.

The man brought us Fenroy and Desormeaux!

Two of the most exciting players that I have seen play in a Cajun Unifrom!

Good luck Coach!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

am familiar with a&t. lived in Fayetteville for two years in the early '70's. made many trips to the old Greensboro coliseum for some big time concerts back then. I worked with a guy who went to elon college. he used to tell me some stories of the rivalries between some of these smaller schools. a&t was involved in some of these. good luck, ricky.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Rickys a quality cat. Just got burned out. HBCU is a perfaect fit as he makes his way back up the ladder.

Good luck, RB!

Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information