Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

Default A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

I know their are mixed opinions about Ricky on this board, but I always liked him, and think that we would not be where we are without the foundation that he put together here at UL. I don't think we would have Hudspeth if not for what Bustle did while in Lafayette, he built us back to a place where a coach like Hud would be interested. The reason I am saying this, is that Ricky is back in coaching as the OC at a historicaly black University where I live in Greensboro, NC. NC A&T, yes the same A&T that was the basis for the movie Drumline (aweful movie, but I digress).

Ricky's A&T Aggies were on ESPNU last night playing the Howard Bison, they won 27-19 and moved to 3-0 on the young season, with a win earlier in the year against, UL future conference mate App State as well as a victory over Southern Conference team Elon.

Good luck, Ricky and I hope ou have a solid coaching career. His career took a downward spiral when he left Lafayette, he was on two lame duck coaching jobs at Tulane and USM, he is now part of a solid program on the rise and hopefully can get back to a higher profile position in the future. In living in these parts, I know talking to plenty of Va Tech fans, they would love to have him back as OC at VT. Considering the lack of offensive prowess they have had in recent years. The big problem is that Beamer and Bustle are freinds, but Bud Foster, the DC at VT and Ricky had a very awkward relationship, to say the least and Bud Foster is the coach in waiting at VT.

I am pulling for the Aggies, one because they are a team in the town where I live and two because I hope the best for Ricky Bustle.

Just my .02

2. Default Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

I also hope the best for Ricky Bustle.

He accomplished a lot of foundation work in his first four years at UL.

Default Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

Thanks for the info . interesting that they beat App St., didn't know that.

We played them in Lafayette a few years back; may have been while Rickey was here . they were not a very good team then but looks like they are headed in a positive direction.

Best to Rickey!

Good luck to Rickey. The man brought us back from the depths of utter hell and beat my ___ at Racquetball a few times in Bourgeois Hall. Without him we aren't where we are today. All the best to him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Thanks for the info . interesting that they beat App St., didn't know that.

We played them in Lafayette a few years back; may have been while Rickey was here . they were not a very good team then but looks like they are headed in a positive direction.

Best to Rickey!
    I remember that game.Fenroy went OFF!

Congrats and good luck to Coach Bustle!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know their are mixed opinions about Ricky on this board, but I always liked him, and think that we would not be where we are without the foundation that he put together here at UL. I don't think we would have Hudspeth if not for what Bustle did while in Lafayette, he built us back to a place where a coach like Hud would be interested. The reason I am saying this, is that Ricky is back in coaching as the OC at a historicaly black University where I live in Greensboro, NC. NC A&T, yes the same A&T that was the basis for the movie Drumline (aweful movie, but I digress).

Ricky's A&T Aggies were on ESPNU last night playing the Howard Bison, they won 27-19 and moved to 3-0 on the young season, with a win earlier in the year against, UL future conference mate App State as well as a victory over Southern Conference team Elon.

Good luck, Ricky and I hope ou have a solid coaching career. His career took a downward spiral when he left Lafayette, he was on two lame duck coaching jobs at Tulane and USM, he is now part of a solid program on the rise and hopefully can get back to a higher profile position in the future. In living in these parts, I know talking to plenty of Va Tech fans, they would love to have him back as OC at VT. Considering the lack of offensive prowess they have had in recent years. The big problem is that Beamer and Bustle are freinds, but Bud Foster, the DC at VT and Ricky had a very awkward relationship, to say the least and Bud Foster is the coach in waiting at VT.

I am pulling for the Aggies, one because they are a team in the town where I live and two because I hope the best for Ricky Bustle.

Just my .02

agreed Good luck coach!!! You had a hard task to clean up the carnage left buy Jerry Baldwin!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Just my .02
    Good for you. Thanks. He did have his moments and victories.
    He had excellent character and relations with his players and the Louisiana Fans.
    Thanks

GEAUX CAJUNS

Glad to hear Coach Bustle us having success. He was a nice guy (too good natured on the field). I wish him the best.

Like others, thanks for the info about them beating the Saviors of the Sun Belt Application State. Strange that the Deliverance Boys weren't as vocal about that outcome as they were about how dominant they are pledging to be in the Belt. I might need to give Karl a call to have him remind me of what an upgrade this is.

+1 to Turbine-his first four years were improvements before stagnant water in the last 5. I truly believe he wasnt the only one that could have taken us up a couple of notches from where tooth pick left us.

jmo

No one ever said he was the only one, but what I said was, he was the one that did. We could have hired another coach that would have been as bad as Toothpick arse adn nothing would have changed, just a cycle of bad teams. Lots of good things happened under RB, was he the best coach, no, did he help us and put us in position to win a lot of games against pretty good competition, yes. Did the football team and the athletic department improve under RB, yes. Attendance was up, IPF, new turf, scoreboard. Look not all of this is because of RB, but bowl eligibility was something we had hot mentioned in years before RB took the helm.

He is a good coach and a good person, I was just letting you guys know what one of our ex-coaches was doing. By the way, Brad Bustle is the offensive line coach at Cumberland College in Cumberland, Tn.

Following in his dads footsteps, I see.

12. Default Re: A shoutout to Ricky Bustle

I remember when Augie Tamm took over an 0-10 Cajun team and in 2-3 years was almost undefeated---but as was pointed out much of A T's success was with the leftovers from the Faulkinberry years----happy for Ricky and happy with HUD---well very happy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Without him we aren't where we are today. .
    AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Yes, that was 2006 or 2007 I believe. We crushed them, and they were HORRIBLE. That was the team we added to the schedule when LA Tech dropped out to play a game on ESPN setup by the media giant.

At least that is how I remember it, so it may have happened a TOTALLY different way!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Mr. 4,000!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information