Thread: Volleyball Opens Sun Belt Play At Texas State, UTA

1. Ragin' Cajuns Volleyball Opens Sun Belt Play At Texas State, UTA

LAFAYETTE – Off to its best start since the 1990 campaign, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns volleyball team opens Sun Belt Conference play on Friday when it travels to San Marcos, Texas to face league newcomer Texas State at Strahan Coliseum.

Homes SO Clean

2. UL Volleyball Re: Volleyball Opens Sun Belt Play At Texas State, UTA

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Volleyball Opens Sun Belt Play At Texas State, UTA

A huge shout out needs to geaux to these girls and the coach. This is the best start for a Cajun Volleyball team in years. They are 10-4, to put this in perspective between 03 and 09 the biggest win output for the entire season was 9. And even since then the most has been 17, we have 10 non-conference wins already and still have 18 more games to play before the conference tournament, if they go 9-9 in conference play they will have 19 wins. Check out the records from 2002 to 2012

2002 15-14
    2003 6-22
    2004 7-23
    2005 5-19
    2006 8-21
    2007 4-29
    2008 8-20
    2009 9-24
    2010 17-16
    2011 14-18
    2012 16-16

The average record in these years was 10-20. We have 10 wins already. I would really love to see the girls reach the 20 win plateau. I think that would be a milestone for them. Coach is building a pretty solid program.

What kind of record does it take to get into regionals? Side note, I am totally NOT opposed to going watch some v-ball. 1. Because I love the sport, and 2. Because I love the athletes

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    What kind of record does it take to get into regionals? Side note, I am totally NOT opposed to going watch some v-ball. 1. Because I love the sport, and 2. Because I love the athletes
    It's actually a lot of fun to watch the girls play. I've gone to a handful of games over the last two seasons. Very intense and action packed. I think if more people would give it a try, they'd be surprised how much fun it is to watchand then, it's the Cajuns!!

Thread Information