Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Enrollment Up

Default Re: Enrollment Up

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    This does not seem to compute during Dr. Authement's tenure.

Especially, any correlation between athletic success and enrollment.

For the vast majority of colleges/universities, athletic success can not be directly correlated with increased enrollment. There are always exceptions, usually short-term, but not trends.
    Can't believe I'm doing this but

http://are.berkeley.edu/~mlanderson/.e%20Sports.pdf

Yes I'm quoting Berkley. I can find many more as I've studied this through the years.

3 years ago UL was roughly 35% > LTUR in total enrollment. This fall total enrollment now > 60% over LTUR. Love this trend

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    2nd best?!! WTF are you talking about man?. More like 4th best team in North La. We're so bad NW St could spank us, Grambling too. I heard our recruiting efforts our intensifying in Acadiana though. Do y'all think HUD's wife is available?
    Point taken, y'all suck.

US News seems to disagree w/ you
    Princeton Review and Washington Monthly disagree with younext

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    3 years ago UL was roughly 35% > LTUR in total enrollment. This fall total enrollment now > 60% over LTUR. Love this trend
    Me too! I'm stoked that Tech is attracting better quality students w/ higher average ACT's. UL-Laf has been larger than Tech for years

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Princeton Review and Washington Monthly disagree with younext
    So UL- Laf is ranked higher in academics than Tech now?

US News seems to disagree w/ you
    We have the second largest student population and campus size in Louisiana. We have been number two in those areas since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    damn that Delgado C.C. enrollment is more than lot of colleges
    Delgado is located in a major urban area. This is not surprising. They are probably counting part time student too. I was a Delgado student for a very brief period of time. I quickly realized the certification I was earning was worthless. The campus is about the size of a Super Target or Sam's with a little less charm. I got two "A's" for the courses I was taking. It was the easiest school I've ever attended.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    We have the second largest student population and campus size in Louisiana. We have been number two in those areas since the 80's.
    Yes, no one is disputing this. In fact, did you know that UL-Laf students on average wear more Tap Out shirts, sport more faux hawks, & listen to more techno than any other school in the South?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Yes, no one is disputing this. In fact, did you know that UL-Laf students on average wear more Tap Out shirts, sport more faux hawks, & listen to more techno than any other school in the South?

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Point taken, y'all suck.
    Don't y'all have the 3rd best offense in SoLa now?

Whats wrong with all that? College Kids will be College Kids.

is enrollment really worth arguing over? at the end of the day all our schools are trying to do the best they can in a tough economic climate

Perhaps your a student yourself because I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

What the heck is "credit barring continuing education." That sounds like a student.

The University’s regular enrollment remains stable, with 16,647 for the Fall 2013 semester. Last year, the enrollment was 16,687, a difference of 40 students. The university also is enrolling a number of students in professional programs and credit-bearing continuing education for a Fall 2013 total enrollment of 18,235.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information