Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Enrollment Up

Default Re: Enrollment Up

College of Engineering has over 2100 students now. Typically, many of the freshman in this discipline switch after a year or two. That may not happen as frequently now as the average ACT of the incoming students in this discipline is in the mid 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    College of Engineering has over 2100 students now. Typically, many of the freshman in this discipline switch after a year or two. That may not happen as frequently now as the average ACT of the incoming students in this discipline is in the mid 20's.
    I am a senior in Electrical Engineering, I cant speak for the other Engineers but after one semester the number of EE students drops about 30% and after first year another 30% drop. So typically after just one year in EE we have only about 40% of students that originally started

They also raised admission standards and expeled current students who had less than a 2.0. I do not think anyone ever cared about sports at UNO.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not unexpected after they blew up their front porch.

4. Default Re: Enrollment Up

LTUR enrollment decreased by 2% last year--any idea for 2013???

5. Default Re: Enrollment Up

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    They also raised admission standards and expeled current students who had less than a 2.0. I do not think anyone ever cared about sports at UNO.
    It has little to do with real caring.

Athletics is your advertising arm that ensures they have heard about you before enrollment is the topic.

Athletics breeds familiarity even if by osmosis, familiarity steers towards enrolling.

jmo

Louisiana Tech total enrollment down 3% this year despite 20% increase in freshmen.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic.man-enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by NOLACajun View Post
    Louisiana Tech total enrollment down 3% this year despite 20% increase in freshmen.
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic.man-enrollment
    I think LTUR is counting a 3% decresse in the number of teeth of the total enrollment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    I think LTUR is counting a 3% decresse in the number of teeth of the total enrollment.
    So you're saying that highly successful & intelligent people have LESS teeth?!? Hmmm, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    So you're saying that highly successful & intelligent people have LESS teeth?!? Hmmm, interesting.
    Shouldn't you be trying to raise money to buy out Skippy's contract??????

LOL nice try.but no cigar

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    LOL nice try.but no cigar
    US News seems to disagree w/ you

12. Default Re: Enrollment Up

So if this is correct ltur in 2 years has lost 5percent of its enrollment More separation!!!!!!

US News seems to disagree w/ you
    And you guys have the second best college football team in all of North Louisiana! So there is that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    And you guys have the second best college football team in all of North Louisiana! So there is that as well.
    2nd best?!! WTF are you talking about man?. More like 4th best team in North La. We're so bad NW St could spank us, Grambling too. I heard our recruiting efforts our intensifying in Acadiana though. Do y'all think HUD's wife is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It has little to do with real caring.

Athletics is your advertising arm that ensures they have heard about you before enrollment is the topic.

Athletics breeds familiarity even if by osmosis, familiarity steers towards enrolling.

jmo
    This does not seem to compute during Dr. Authement's tenure.

Especially, any correlation between athletic success and enrollment.

For the vast majority of colleges/universities, athletic success can not be directly correlated with increased enrollment. There are always exceptions, usually short-term, but not trends.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information