Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2013 Enrollment Up

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Well I had found some individual stuff for individual schools but I was looking for the entire list of schools---LTUR usually is late because of the 1/4 system so they can make up some bull crap for losing kids!!!! lol just kidding --well maybe!!!
    I believe it is bulldog crap Boomer. Not just bull crap. The bull crapped when the high school in lake chuck beat them in south Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Well I had found some individual stuff for individual schools but I was looking for the entire list of schools---LTUR usually is late because of the 1/4 system so they can make up some bull crap for losing kids!!!! lol just kidding --well maybe!!!
    Boomz, your hilarious man! There was an interesting article today in the S'Port Times today about Payscale from recent college grads from Tech, LSU, etc .You might want to check it out. Sorry, I'm currently unable to link to it.

3. Default Re: Enrollment in Louisiana

All I said was that according to your stats you have lost 5% of your enrollment in the last 2 years!!! Where was pay of alumni even brought up?? So the hilarious assumption is in regard to WHAT??? And yes if your grads have all this money in salary coming in---start your end zone project that has been on hold for "Lack of MONEY"---Yea I guess I am pretty damn funny at times!!! But more so in this case very much on target with my assumptions and facts!!!

Default Re: Enrollment in Louisiana

Payscale is based on self-reported, not scientifically drawn data. Interesting to read, but not valid. Next.

Default Re: University(s) Enrollment in the State

UL or Louisiana total enrollment for 2013 Fall Semester is 18,235!!!

UL New Student Enrollment Up 3 Percent
    Top Stories
    University partners with movie industry on documentary
    Under a partnership between higher education and Hollywood, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will receive ab

Read More ➝
    Lafayette rates as hip, historic college town
    The City of Lafayette has scored another accolade, thanks to "UL" often associated with its name.

Read More ➝
    University makes 'smartest' list
    The University of Louisiana is among the top three "smartest" public universities in the state.

Read More ➝
    First-time freshmen and transfer student enrollment at the University of Louisiana is up 3 percent for Fall 2013 over last year, despite a second year of tougher admissions standards.

The number of first-time freshmen who entered for the fall semester is 2,565, up 3 percent from the previous fall's 2,483 first-time freshmen. New transfer student enrollment was 807, an increase of 24 percent, or 156 more students than Fall 2012.

Dr. DeWayne Bowie, UL vice president for Enrollment Management, said there were some decreases in re-entry students and the number of first-time freshmen who entered in the summer session. He said those declines did not affect the overall enrollment because they were offset by increases in other areas, such as first-time graduate students, online degree programs, and high school dual enrollment numbers.

The University's regular enrollment remains stable, with 16,647 for the Fall 2013 semester. Last year, the enrollment was 16,687, a difference of 40 students. The university also is enrolling a number of students in professional programs and credit-bearing continuing education for a Fall 2013 total enrollment of 18,235.

"Upon increasing our academic standards last year, we anticipated a possible decline in the number of eligible students," Bowie said. "However, in the last two years, we worked hard to grow our enrollment while attracting the most academically talented students we've ever enrolled."

The Fall 2013 freshmen class includes 102 high school valedictorians, up from last year's 87. The average high school GPA is 3.3 and the average ACT composite score is 23.10.

University President Dr. Joseph Savoie said enrolling better-prepared students improves student retention and graduation rates. The University's graduation rate recently rose from 41 to 44 percent. While UL has maintained the third-highest graduation rate among public universities in Louisiana, he said he would like to increase that rate to 50 percent in four years.

In addition to attracting students who are better prepared academically, the University is welcoming more students from around the globe. There are 1,198 out-of-state students.

The number of new international students has increased by 25 percent since last year, and grew by 49 percent since 2011. New international student enrollment for Fall 2013 is 156 students, compared to 125 in Fall 2012, and 105 in Fall 2011. The total international student enrollment is 695.

"Increased global perspectives, on-campus living-learning environments, and abundant academic support services foster the success of all of our students," Savoie said.

In August, Washington Monthly magazine ranked UL as the fourth-best university in the nation at helping lower-income students earn degrees and the overall no. 102 university in the nation in its annual college guide. The Princeton Review cited UL as one of the nation's best 378 institutions for undergraduate education.

- See more at: http://www.louisiana.edu/news-events3kGfQwPb.dpuf

Little more than double enrollment at UL than ULM. Read prior post, a lot of info there, folks!

Default Re: Enrollment in Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by NOLACajun View Post
    Payscale is based on self-reported, not scientifically drawn data. Interesting to read, but not valid. Next.
    So payscale is non-scientific but Princeton review is peer reviewed?

Neither Princeton Review nor USNWR Best Colleges lists are scientificno one on this Board ever stated that The Princeton Review list is scientific. We brought up Princeton Review because LTUR likes to use their ranking in USNWR to pub up their University. Since we are listed on P.R. and Tech is not we will use P.R. I have no problem with any University using the tools given or earned to sell itself to the public Tech and UL have the same SREB rating of 4 year2 and the same Carnegie rating of RU/H.those RATINGS are not subjective.if you want to side with Tech and ULM in this stupidity be my guest.I guarantee you that your University President knows better

Quote Originally Posted by Mcneeselegend1 View Post
    Payscale if verified, maybe with check stub, would be. But just going by self report and then posting on the internet like they fact is misleading. That would be like Trojan doing a study asking a bunch a 15 years and publishing that as scientific data. In a way, asking a bunch of cowboys and warhicks is just that. Bunch of people trying hard to measure up.

10. Default Re: University(s) Enrollment in the State

I could be very wrong on this but wouldn't a smart HS or trade school grad that went off shore almost double the salary that a UL or any other college grad with a liberal arts degree would earn!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Boomz, your hilarious man! There was an interesting article today in the S'Port Times today about Payscale from recent college grads from Tech, LSU, etc .You might want to check it out. Sorry, I'm currently unable to link to it.
    The Shreveport Independence Bowl said they'd wait on Tech before they chose their 2012 match-up. They lied then too, Blue.

Don't give up, Blue. They say if fish keep telling other fish that they can walk on land, it eventually happens. You stay close to your Shreveport kin, Blue. Splash. flop, flop. splash!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    BlueDawg, did not have time to go to the article, I am working so myself and the rest of the Cajun Nation can help build out the University and Athletic Master Plans!!! We are breaking ground on Phase 1 of 3! What day are the Techies on that you have been waiting to break(wind) of even turning the earth? Why don't some of those high paying Tech job donate some money to your Athletic Complex? Waiting

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Enrollment in Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Mcneeselegend1 View Post
    Legends of the Fall think about it for a second. Has anyone ever asked you to produce your Income Tax files? Really nobody has ever asked me what my income is from UL.

Now there may be something to do with a larger percentage of engineers and such coming from LTU. But that would not be student specific, but an across the board thing. Your major would have a lot to do with that. I know that UL was a major education producer when I went there, so of course those salaries would be on a lower side, but we do not know how the individual teachers ranks vs LTUR teachers, or engineers for that matter.

Then you do have several members of the LTUR family that probably skew the average a lot, the trucking magnet, The Mailman, Willie Loaf, all would create a big bump that actually has zero to do with their diploma.

I know asking a BrokeBack Nation member to think is a big leap, but we have guided you so maybe you can comprehend it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information